PDA

View Full Version : The GOP in Iowa

Baron Von Esslingen
04-09-2007, 12:59 AM
1. If the 2008 Republican presidential caucus were held today between Sam Brownback, Jim Gilmore, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Giuliani, Chuck Hagel, Mike Huckabee, Duncan Hunter, John McCain, Ron Paul, Mitt Romney, Tom Tancredo, Fred Thompson, and Tommy Thompson for whom would you vote? (Republicans Only; Names Rotated)
Rudy Giuliani 25%
John McCain 20%
Fred Thompson 11%
Mitt Romney 8%
Newt Gingrich 6%
Tommy Thompson 3%
Sam Brownback 3%
Chuck Hagel 2%
Tom Tancredo 2%
Mike Huckabee 2%
Jim Gilmore 1%
Ron Paul 1%
Duncan Hunter 1%
Undecided 15%

2. Do you see President George W. Bush as a conservative Republican in the mode of Ronald Reagan? (Republicans Only)
Yes 6%
No 77%
Undecided 17%

3. How important is it for the Republican presidential candidate to be a conservative Republican in the mode of Ronald Reagan, very important, somewhat important, not very important, not important, undecided? (Republicans Only)
Very Important 39%
Somewhat Important 18%
Not Very Important 14%
Not Important 13%
Undecided 16%

4. Do you favor a withdrawal of all United States military from Iraq within the next six months? (Republicans Only)
Yes 52%
No 39%
Undecided 9%link (http://strategicvision.biz/political/iowa_poll_040407.htm)

Wow! The heartland of America speaks loud and clear. Republicans are coming apart at the seams.

1) Rudy, who has more Democratic stances than republican ones, leads the polling.
2) Bush is NOT upholding Reagan's legacy.
3) 57% want a Reagan clone to run for president
4) More than half want to leave Iraq (or as the White House calls it "cut & run")

They want a Reagan clone but support a guy who sounds like a moderate Democrat. They want to get out of a war that their own president thinks will be dealt with by the NEXT president. They are positive that Bush is not Reagan. Who would have thought you would see the day that conservatives in Iowa would come up with this? Not me.

stephanie
04-09-2007, 03:30 AM
Pffffeeeeessssh..
If I took every poll serious out there, I'd be out cutting my wrist or something...:laugh2:

Baron Von Esslingen
04-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Don't look at the polls that have your Boy George at 32% approval ratings then or you might be dirtying up the Ginsu knives by this afternoon.

04-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Don't look at the polls that have your Boy George at 32% approval ratings then or you might be dirtying up the Ginsu knives by this afternoon.

Maybe I misunderstood her, but I could have sworn she said she didn't really care what any polls say.

Besides, I think the polls saying the Democrat Congress already have an even lower approval rating then the President would keep anyone from using knives.

Baron Von Esslingen
04-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Besides, I think the polls saying the Democrat Congress already have an even lower approval rating then the President would keep anyone from using knives.

That's not what the latest poll says. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18027515/) And it's the Democratic Congress. No wonder you can't make things work anymore. You can't even get the name correct.

stephanie
04-10-2007, 01:40 AM
:lol: Well.. we know who around here has a NEED to believe polls..:laugh2:

I wonder what all the Bush haters are going to do, WHEN another Republican wins in 08...........

Maybe another Jim Jones........sheeesh..

And it's the Democrat party...
I'll never ever call them the Democratic anything..
When I was growing up, they were the Democrats....Peroid..

How can anyone support a party that finds a need to change their name somewhere down the line..?????

Baron Von Esslingen
04-10-2007, 02:22 AM
:lol: Well.. we know who around here has a NEED to believe polls..:laugh2:

I wonder what all the Bush haters are going to do, WHEN another Republican wins in 08...........

Maybe another Jim Jones........sheeesh..

And it's the Democrat party...
I'll never ever call them the Democratic anything..
When I was growing up, they were the Democrats....Peroid..

How can anyone support a party that finds a need to change their name somewhere down the line..?????

Attention, class. Time to discover the difference between a noun and an adjective. For those of you in a political party that has a name that is both a noun and an adjective, this may be hard to follow.

The name of the left leaning party is the Democratic Party. Democratic is the adjective that describes the party.

The people that are in the party are Democrats and that term is a noun.

To use the term "Democrat" to describe the party, in essense, making the noun into an adjective, merely demonstrates your lack of elementary education. It is for you and yours that No Child Left Behind was passed.

It has been the Democratic party since it's founding and only followers of Tom DeLay, Kenny Boy Mehlmann and Boy George consistently get it wrong. That's OK, though. We don't have high expectations of your intellectual prowess in the first place. The republicans in Iowa prove how mixed up you all are anyway. Your post is just icing on that cake.

stephanie
04-10-2007, 02:35 AM
Attention, class. Time to discover the difference between a noun and an adjective. For those of you in a political party that has a name that is both a noun and an adjective, this may be hard to follow.

The name of the left leaning party is the Democratic Party. Democratic is the adjective that describes the party.

The people that are in the party are Democrats and that term is a noun.

To use the term "Democrat" to describe the party, in essence, making the noun into an adjective, merely demonstrates your lack of elementary education. It is for you and yours that No Child Left Behind was passed.

It has been the Democratic party since it's founding and only followers of Tom Delay, Kenny Boy Mehlmann and Boy George consistently get it wrong. That's OK, though. We don't have high expectations of your intellectual prowess in the first place. The republicans in Iowa prove how mixed up you all are anyway. Your post is just icing on that cake.
:lol:

Barons quote below..

And it's the Democratic Congress. No wonder you can't make things work anymore. You can't even get the name correct.
I've done it as long as boy Gorege has...
I don't know how old you are, but you sound around the age of a 12yr old..
And what I love the most...
Is why people like you and all them over on the Dems. sites, get so bent out of shape, when someone says THE DEMOCRAT PARTY.
As I said, growing up they were always just called the Democrat party.. and there was never this outcry of saying........IT'S THE DEMOCRATIC party...stupid...:poke:
Now all of a sudden if it's has to beeeeeeeeeeee.....DEMOCRATIC.....

I will not change over a silly pronouncement of a name..
Just call me an ole redneck gal from way back....... Oh wait.... I think you just did....:laugh2:

Their so bent over this.....some DemocratICS have resorted to calling the Republican party......The Republics party...I just ROFLMAO....

04-10-2007, 03:25 AM
That's not what the latest poll says. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18027515/) And it's the Democratic Congress. No wonder you can't make things work anymore. You can't even get the name correct.

No, it's the Democrat Congress. No wonder you're so out of wack, you dont even know how to say your own parties name.

Baron Von Esslingen
04-11-2007, 01:18 AM
No, it's the Democrat Congress. No wonder you're so out of wack, you dont even know how to say your own parties name.

More neocon ignorance. I can see why Boy George was so gung ho about NCLB: so many members of his own party can't tell the difference between a noun and an adjective. Like a neocon would know more about the Democrats and the Democratic Party than a lifetime member...

No wonder you got your asses handed to you in 2006.

Baron Von Esslingen
04-11-2007, 01:22 AM

Were you also snorting cocaine, driving drunk, going AWOL, and running businesses into the ground as long as he has, too? Using Chimpy as a poster child for your own ignorance isn't exactly the swiftest move you could make...

Psychoblues
04-11-2007, 08:51 PM
I live in Mississipi and on or about November 7, 2006 all the Republicans disappeared in my workplace and societal environment. I hope the Democratic Party or Party of Democrats (whichever any of you choose to describe us) notices that significant fact.

The rEpublicons have lost their way and they are now stomping, screaming and pissing down their own legs while ignoring the why's and how's as to their present circumstances. I can only hope that progressive Americans notice and exploit the failures of the opposition to recognize their very own failures.

GW in Ohio
04-13-2007, 10:33 AM
[/COLOR]
:lol:

Barons quote below..

I don't know how old you are, but you sound around the age of a 12yr old..
And what I love the most...
Is why people like you and all them over on the Dems. sites, get so bent out of shape, when someone says THE DEMOCRAT PARTY.
As I said, growing up they were always just called the Democrat party.. and there was never this outcry of saying........IT'S THE DEMOCRATIC party...stupid...:poke:
Now all of a sudden if it's has to beeeeeeeeeeee.....DEMOCRATIC.....

I will not change over a silly pronouncement of a name..
Just call me an ole redneck gal from way back....... Oh wait.... I think you just did....:laugh2:

Their so bent over this.....some DemocratICS have resorted to calling the Republican party......The Republics party...I just ROFLMAO....

Stephanie: Your response indicates three things about you.....

1. You don't know shit and are proud of it.
2. It really pisses you off to use the term Democratic Party.
3. You are a Rush Limbaugh dittohead. (That's where you learned to stubbornly refer to them as the Democrat Party, isn't it?)

Gunny
04-13-2007, 01:52 PM

Sure we can. There is nothing democratic about the Democrat Congress.

stephanie
04-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Stephanie: Your response indicates three things about you.....

1. You don't know shit and are proud of it.
2. It really pisses you off to use the term Democratic Party.
3. You are a Rush Limbaugh dittohead. (That's where you learned to stubbornly refer to them as the Democrat Party, isn't it?)

Oh I know shit, cause I'm replying to him right now...:coffee:
As I said, growing up they were always called the Democrat party, and we didn't get all these rabid people shouting in your face......It's the DemocratIC party stupid...I bet that's what you do, isn't it..
I catch Rush off and on not much really, so what if I do??? If that is suppose to be a put down of some sort...you failed....

Have a nice day...:cheers2:

GW in Ohio
04-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Oh I know shit, cause I'm replying to him right now...:coffee:
As I said, growing up they were always called the Democrat party, and we didn't get all these rabid people shouting in your face......It's the DemocratIC party stupid...I bet that's what you do, isn't it..
I catch Rush off and on not much really, so what if I do??? If that is suppose to be a put down of some sort...you failed....

Have a nice day...:cheers2:

Okay, listen....

You can call that bunch of liberals known as the Democratic Party anything you want. You might consider calling it the Clean House Party, because come '08, they're going to sweep away every remnant of the Bush administration that has embarrassed so many of us Americans.

Dilloduck
04-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Okay, listen....

You can call that bunch of liberals known as the Democratic Party anything you want. You might consider calling it the Clean House Party, because come '08, they're going to sweep away every remnant of the Bush administration that has embarrassed so many of us Americans.

Why are they going to wait so long? ( waiting for all that democratic cash in the freezer to thaw aout? ) :laugh2:

04-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Okay, listen....

They are Democrats. Not Democratics. It's the Democrat Congress. Because its Congress controled by Democrats.

stephanie
04-13-2007, 04:54 PM
Okay, listen....

Here's my thoughts on that..

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/facepull-vi.gif

Peace my friend...:laugh2:

manu1959
04-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Okay, listen....

and then the world will love you again......i can't wait either....

pelosi harry and hillary .....:cheers2:

Baron Von Esslingen
04-13-2007, 11:27 PM

Chimpy McFlightpants, our fearless leader!

stephanie
04-13-2007, 11:34 PM

Chimpy McFlightpants, our fearless leader!

Ah ha.......someone said you were... Bully.
Now I'm sure of it....:boobies:

Baron Von Esslingen
04-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Ah ha.......someone said you were... Bully.
Now I'm sure of it....:boobies:

I can't repeat what someone said you were... jimnyc asked me not to :dev:

stephanie
04-14-2007, 01:59 AM
I can't repeat what someone said you were... jimnyc asked me not to :dev:

Here's what I do when I see you on the board....
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/beernpussy1.gif

:laugh2::dev:

Psychoblues
04-17-2007, 11:11 PM
Chimpy McFlightpants is your idol, correct?

Here's what I do when I see you on the board....
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/beernpussy1.gif

:laugh2::dev:

You are so misquided.

stephanie
04-18-2007, 04:45 AM
Chimpy McFlightpants is your idol, correct?

You are so misquided.

WRONG...No Chimy McFlightpants for me....
This is my idol..
Billcouldn'tgethiszipperdownfastenough..

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/StripJointL.gif

:laugh2::laugh2: