PDA

View Full Version : Sandy's Secrets: The Twa 800 Cover-up And 9/11

stephanie
04-09-2007, 02:21 AM
I was going through some stuff I had saved to post and forgot to post it....It's from Feb,21st..What ya think?

SNIPPET:
full article at..
http://www.aim.org/aim_report/5254_0_4_0_C/
By Jack Cashill*

On July 6, 2006, Stonebridge International, a global strategy firm, announced that it had added a new member to its high-profile, five-member advisory board—former Democratic Congressman Lee Hamilton.

True to form, the major media ignored the Hamilton appointment. They should not have. Hamilton, who had served as Vice-Chairman of the 9/11 Commission, had just joined a firm headed by the man who had criminally undermined that very Commission, Stonebridge chairman and founder, Samuel "Sandy" Berger.

In the words of a House Committee report, Berger had perpetrated "a dis-turbing breach of trust and protocol that compromised the nation's national security," a breach that had come at the expense of the 9/11 Commission's very mission.

(Editor's note: Rep. Tom Davis of Virginia, ranking Republican on the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, points out that Berger, former National Security Advisor to President Clinton, was sentenced to community service and probation and fined $50,000 plus court costs in September 2005 for removing documents related to 9/11 from the National Archives. Berger agreed to take a polygraph test as part of his guilty plea in the case but the Justice Department never administered one. As a result, 18 Members of Congress, led by Davis, sent a letter to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales asking that a test be administered to him promptly. "This may be the only way for anyone to know whether Mr. Berger denied the 9/11 Commission and the public the complete account of the Clinton administration's actions or inactions during the lead-up to the terrorist attacks on the United States" in 2001, Davis says. The report issued by Davis characterized the Justice Department's investigation of Burger's thievery as "remarkably incurious.")

The unseemly nature of this new alliance [between Berger and Hamilton] apparently did not trouble the Washington media. By the spring of 2006, Berger felt sufficiently comfortable in his relationship with that media to execute a brazen, political drive-by on the one man who most seriously threatened the Clinton legacy and his own reputation, namely Rep. Curt Weldon of Pennsylvania.

Berger began his spring offensive in March 2006 with a fundraiser for Weldon's opponent, Joe Sestak. Almost universally despised by his Naval colleagues, the former vice admiral was forced into retirement for what the U.S. Navy charitably called "poor command climate." Before being recruited to run for Congress, Sestak had not lived in Weldon's district for 30 years.

The Clinton Connection

Although hosted by Berger, the fundraiser was held at the law offices of Harold Ickes, a veteran Clinton fixer, and Janice Enright, the treasurer of Hillary Clinton's 2006 Senate campaign.

Before the campaign was through, Clinton insiders would enlist Stonebridge's Director of Communications to serve as Sestak's campaign spokes-person, summon former president Clinton to rally the troops, and finally call in the federales. Their motives were transparent even to the local media.

"A Sestak victory," observed suburban Philadelphia's Delco Times early in the campaign, "would muzzle a Republican congressman who blames Clinton for doing irreparable harm to America's national security during the 1990s."

As the number two Republican on the House Armed Services Committee, Weldon had not only exposed the Clinton administration's lethal "Able Danger" breakdown, but he had also catalogued the CIA's failures before Sept. 11 in his book Countdown to Terror. And he wasn't stopping there.

TWA 800

In late July 2006, I accompanied Mike and Joan Wire to visit Weldon in his D.C. office. The Wires, who live in suburban Philadelphia, had arranged the interview. I happened to be in New Jersey at the time so we drove down together. The interview lasted two and a half hours and ended only because I had to leave.

Mike Wire just happened to be the most critical of the 270 eyewitnesses to an apparent missile strike on TWA Flight 800 on July 17, 1996. As is well enough known, the government had argued that a mechanical failure brought down the plane.

To make the story work, however, the FBI and/or the CIA had to manufacture from whole cloth a second interview with Wire that fit their invented scenario. This was criminal obstruction, and it is easily verified.

As late as 2001, I was as skeptical about TWA Flight 800 as the next guy. It was then that I met James and Elizabeth Sanders. The Sanders and TWA captain Terrell Stacey had been arrested in 1997 and charged with conspiracy.

An investigative reporter, Sanders was doing the job the major media had chosen not to do. Elizabeth, a TWA trainer, had introduced her husband to Stacey, then working inside the investigation; nothing more.

Nuc
04-09-2007, 06:44 AM
I was on the inbound portion of Flight 800 and there was something wrong with the wings. We pointed this out to the crew who said not to worry and did nothing about it.

grunt
04-09-2007, 07:25 AM
I was on the inbound portion of Flight 800 and there was something wrong with the wings. We pointed this out to the crew who said not to worry and did nothing about it.

What was wrong with the wings?

Nuc
04-09-2007, 07:27 AM
What was wrong with the wings?

They looked scratched up and bent. We flew in from Athens then when it took off again, boom!

grunt
04-09-2007, 07:27 AM
My girlfriend was on this flight the trip right before the explosion. The plane came back to the States..then upon take off blew up. She said the bathrooms weren't working, but everything else seemed fine.

Nuc
04-09-2007, 07:37 AM
My girlfriend was on this flight the trip right before the explosion. The plane came back to the States..then upon take off blew up. She said the bathrooms weren't working, but everything else seemed fine.

Interesting! Looks like we were lucky.

theHawk
04-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Too bad we can't sic people like pyschoblues on assholes like Sandy Berger and the Democrats that continue to work with him. But apparently good 'ol Sandy is a hero for the liberals.

04-09-2007, 08:53 AM
What they did to Curt was a travesty. It disgusted me to watch them smear that good man's name.

I sincerely hope Sestak goes down in 2008. If I was qualified I'd run against him myself. But regardless someone has to take him down.

Mr. P
04-09-2007, 09:28 AM
They looked scratched up and bent. We flew in from Athens then when it took off again, boom!

Nuc, more detail if you have any. Scratched up is what, gouges or scratches, were, the front of the wing, middle, rear? Bent?

glockmail
04-09-2007, 11:35 AM
They looked scratched up and bent. We flew in from Athens then when it took off again, boom! Did you ever follow up with the authorities on this?

Nuc
04-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Nuc, more detail if you have any. Scratched up is what, gouges or scratches, were, the front of the wing, middle, rear? Bent?

My memory is a little hazy after all these years. I just remember that we thought something didn't look right. One of my friends even took a picture of the wing, I will see if he has it.