PDA

View Full Version : Citizen Tom

stephanie
04-09-2007, 02:41 AM
Interesting! He has a lot of other articles..
:clap:
Snip:
full article at.
http://blackandright.mensnewsdaily.com/2007/04/05/citizen-tom/
April 05, 2007
by Bob Parks
I continue to be overwhelmed and humbled by the response to the video I produced and later posted on You Tube. If the present rate of viewing continues, that number will exceed all the views of my columns over the past five years.

With all the comments that have come in, that I don’t have the time to answer all of, a number of expected disagreements from liberal Democrats have also arrived and I’d like an opportunity to respond to a few of them. As I can appreciate the notion that those liberals appreciate free-speech and tolerance, I would have them tolerate my free-speech in rebuttal.

According to the “Democratic Party” website….

“For more than 200 years, the Democratic Party has represented the interests of working families, fighting for equal opportunities and justice for all Americans.”

Please feel free to read some of my previous columns where I cite the real history of the Democratic Party that includes the promotion of slavery, resistance to civil rights for black people, the creation of the Ku Klux Klan, targeting black babies to grow the abortion industry, and much, much more.

I bring up this point to set up one of the recurring comments found in response to the video, To Our Americans Serving in Iraq ….

“uncle tom “

As I’ve written many times in the past and liberals seemingly go out of their way to prove, they seem to think so little of Black people that they truly believe as we all look alike, we must all think and vote alike. Should I have the freedom to think independently, I must be an Uncle Tom.

Over the years, I’ve learned to take that as a compliment. In most cases, if someone disagrees with someone’s point, the natural thing to do would be pose another point of view to counter. A black person during the Democratic Party’s glory days would be lynched for doing other than he or she was told. Lucky for me lynching is illegal today, so liberals do what they do best: shout down anything they don’t want to hear.

That includes the opinions of others.

“sorry, for non English speaking background, pls simplify. Bush is shit, Americans should not be in Iraq, let the people live their life , story of petrol ND BOMBS, ALL CLEAR, WE DO UNDERSTAND THAT BUT HOW THAT MONKEY CAN CHEAT HIS OWN NATION. it is strange.”

Funny about that “let people live their life” comment. Who is doing the majority of killing in Iraq, if not the whole Muslim world? Who is doing the raping of women? Who is leaving bombs in markets to kill women and children? Before you tell me that we should let people live their life, would you have the guts to go and tell that to a terrorist?

Probably not. It’s easy to take advantage of the freedoms this country has to offer because of the blood of others. It’s easy to call President Bush shit, burn our flag, and throw paint on veteran’s memorials. But if it weren’t up for the men and women of the our military, terrorists would probably kill us all and let you live as there’s nothing you would fight for, including your own freedom.

Talk about pathetic….

“That’s a load of bullshit. The guy is a moron.”

As someone who puts my thoughts out there to be publicly dissected, I would be happy to have this discussion. However, the majority of those on the left with a different perspective do little to make their opinions known.

It’s like those Democrats who run around now claiming last November’s election victory over the Republicans was a mandate. Mandate for what? If you remember, Nancy Pelosi went underground. Many Democrats decided to go off on Mark Foley while not telling the American people exactly what they would do once in power. The kook fringe left was quite vocal on what they wanted, but the politicians themselves wouldn’t play their hand.

Doesn’t it make you wonder why…?

“Having served in Iraq I can tell you that the nonsense this man is speaking is out of step with the majority of the members of the armed forces. Rhetoric is fine but contrary rhetoric is dangerous. Asking those who protest to go also should include those children who started this ill fated war and the children of those who have profited from it.”

Sometimes a message comes in and it makes one kind of doubt if the person is who they say they are…?

Granted, I and a lot of my shipmates were griping all the time about what we had to do. We griped about lots of things, and I served during peace time. As I said during the video, I can’t imagine what it’s like over there. At the same time, most know when they enlist that they are going to war. There are some that wanted to get out when their time was up and they can’t. We’ve all heard about the “needs of the Navy” or whatever branch we’re talking about.

Those who chose this profession did so knowing that the mission of Microsoft is to make software, while the mission of the United States military is to engage in warfare when the Commander-in-Chief deems it necessary. While the mission may be difficult (and in the case of Iraq and Afghanistan that’s an understatement), unless I hear otherwise from those in theater, I’ll assume the soldiers on the ground believe in that mission. They see things there we’re not privy to as the media seems incapable of telling the American people the truth as to the reality on the ground.

And if that person is impersonating a service member overseas in a war zone, that speaks volumes of the character of those on the left.

glockmail
04-09-2007, 11:58 AM
If you's black, yo mus' vote Dam-o-crack. :poke:

Gaffer
04-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Another good find, thanks steph I bookmarked that one for future reading.