PDA

View Full Version : Mrs. Edwards is a snobish %*@#$

04-09-2007, 08:10 AM
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/news/local/17048128.htm

Elizabeth Edwards: scared of "rabid, rabid Republican" neighbor
MIKE BAKER
Associated Press

RALEIGH, N.C. - Elizabeth Edwards says she is scared of the "rabid, rabid Republican" who owns property across the street from her Orange County home - and she doesn't want her kids going near the gun-toting neighbor.

Edwards, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, particularly recalls the time neighbor Monty Johnson brought out a gun while chasing workers investigating a right of way off his property. The Edwards family has yet to meet Johnson in person.

"I wouldn't be nice to him anyway," Edwards said in an interview. "I don't want my kids anywhere near some guy who when he doesn't like somebody, the first thing he does is pull a gun out. It scares the business out of me."

But Johnson defended the occasion he brandished a gun, saying those on his land didn't have the proper approval.

"I use the gun for protection, and I considered that an appropriate time," Johnson said. "Sometimes you have to take drastic measures."

Edwards views Johnson as a "rabid, rabid Republican" who refuses to clean up his "slummy" property just to spite her family, whose lavish 28,000-square-foot estate is nearby on 102 wooded acres.

Johnson, 55, acknowledges his Republican roots. But he takes offense to the suggestion he has purposefully left his property, including an old garage that he leases for use as a car shop, in dilapidated condition.

Johnson said he has lived his entire life on the property, which he said his family purchased before the Great Depression. He said he's spent a lot of money to try and fix up the 42-acre tract.

"I have to budget. I have to leave within my means," Johnson said. "I don't have millions of dollars to fix the place."

Johnson, who has posted a "Go Rudy Giuliani 2008" sign on a fence just 100 feet from the entrance to the Edwards' driveway, has criticized Edwards for the scale of their nearby home. The property and home, which includes an indoor basketball court, an indoor handball court and an indoor pool, is valued at $5.3 million.

The Edwardses are still putting the final touches on the property, which they purchased in 2003.

"I thought he was supposed to be for the poor people," Johnson said. "But does he ever socialize with any poor people? He doesn't speak to me."

Johnson said he has put his property on the market, in part blaming the high property taxes for his decision to leave. He also wants to move for another reason.

"I don't want to live somewhere where someone's always complaining about me," he said.

I am just dumbfounded. She has people invade another persons property and then gets mad and that person for defending their property?

If you want people to treat you nicely don't freaking invade their property or trash talk them in the public forum!

I've said it before, I think Edwards has a better chance than anyone gives him for the Democrat nod. His family is too much like Clinton's not to. People are tired of the Clintons, but they might not be tired of "Clinton lyte" especially when they dont necessarily see it.

typomaniac
04-09-2007, 11:22 AM
Don't stop now: why don't you make some jokes about her cancer while you're at it?

:rolleyes:

04-09-2007, 11:25 AM
Don't stop now: why don't you make some jokes about her cancer while you're at it?

Her cancer is completely irrelevant to complaining and slandering her neighbor because they illegally trespassed in his land.

typomaniac
04-09-2007, 11:28 AM
I don't know your background, but I was brought up not to call women with serious health problems snobbish bitches, even if I thought they were.

manu1959
04-09-2007, 11:29 AM
I don't know your background, but I was brought up not to call women with serious health problems snobbish bitches, even if I thought they were.

nobody but you called her that

typomaniac
04-09-2007, 11:34 AM
nobody but you called her thatWhich of course is an obvious lie. :lame2:

manu1959
04-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Which of course is an obvious lie. :lame2:

care to point out where anyone other than you used the term?

darin
04-09-2007, 11:50 AM

Seriously, you bring NOTHING to this board.

04-09-2007, 11:55 AM

I was brought up to be honest.

The fact is her having cancer does not excuse her bad behavior.

typomaniac
04-09-2007, 12:09 PM
care to point out where anyone other than you used the term?Do you really not understand the difference between using a term and applying it to someone else?

manu1959
04-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Do you really not understand the difference between using a term and applying it to someone else?

do you really not see that you are the only one that used the term? all avatar said was that she was a snobbish something....you filled in the blank then wanted to give her a pass for her behaviour because she has cancer....

darin
04-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Not exactly Manu - This turd simply argues for argument's sake. A conservative could make a thread about the blue sky, and monkey-boy here would start cussing and fussing about it really being red.

glockmail
04-09-2007, 12:36 PM
So because she has cancer she has a right to be a snob?

manu1959
04-09-2007, 12:36 PM
Not exactly Manu - This turd simply argues for argument's sake. A conservative could make a thread about the blue sky, and monkey-boy here would start cussing and fussing about it really being red.

true, but i am home sick today and bored.....btw the sky is azure

typomaniac
04-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Not exactly Manu - This turd simply argues for argument's sake. A conservative could make a thread about the blue sky, and monkey-boy here would start cussing and fussing about it really being red.Name calling isn't going to change my mind, you motherfucking butt-sniffing little piece of putrid dogshit.

(See?)
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/057.gif

GW in Ohio
04-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Okay, boys, I think we've carried this discussion about as far as it should be carried.

I suggest you guys cross swords on other topics.

Birdzeye
04-09-2007, 01:43 PM
do you really not see that you are the only one that used the term? all avatar said was that she was a snobbish something....you filled in the blank then wanted to give her a pass for her behaviour because she has cancer....

So what does "%*@#$" stand for (It IS what the thread parent called her)? Classy lady?

stephanie
04-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Who the hell cares what $$$$$ stands for...

Even it did mean bitch....Last I heard that word wasn't outlawed...

And Lizzie is a SNOB...

I hope she keeps on giving interviews....:coffee:

typomaniac
04-09-2007, 01:47 PM
So because she has cancer she has a right to be a snob?Everyone has the right to be a snob.

But if someone who has cancer is doing something of which you disapprove, you'll cut them some slack IF you're a lady or a gentlemen who has even a modicum of class.

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/happy/001.gif

Birdzeye
04-09-2007, 01:48 PM
OK, WHERE exactly in the thread parent's link does it say that the Edwards's illegally trespassed on this guy's property?

darin
04-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Everyone has the right to be a snob.

But if someone who has cancer is doing something of which you disapprove, you'll cut them some slack IF you're a lady or a gentlemen who has even a modicum of class.

:bsflag:

ANYONE who uses their illness as an EXCUSE to be an ass is worthless.

GW in Ohio
04-09-2007, 01:56 PM
Although I'm a supporter of John Edwards and like his wife, I would agree with those who maintain that she was out of line here. She seems to have been looking for an excuse to score points about gun control.

Birdzeye
04-09-2007, 01:57 PM
:bsflag:

ANYONE who uses their illness as an EXCUSE to be an ass is worthless.

What evidence do you have that that is happening in this case?

glockmail
04-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Everyone has the right to be a snob.

The last time I checked being a snob was not considered classy, and calling someone out with the truth was.

Claiming someones above it all because they have cancer is simply :lame2: .

glockmail
04-09-2007, 02:08 PM
What evidence do you have that that is happening in this case? Post 19.

typomaniac
04-09-2007, 02:09 PM
The last time I checked being a snob was not considered classy, and calling someone out with the truth was.

Claiming someones above it all because they have cancer is simply :lame2: .Calling someone out with the truth (even if you're right) is not classy if you act like a complete boor while doing it.

You've obviously never been sick enough to have your entire mood and thinking thrown out of whack because of it. You should try it some time.

Birdzeye
04-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Post 19.

Wrong. Nobody has posted any evidence that Elizabeth Edwards has used her illness as an excuse for bad behavior.

glockmail
04-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Calling someone out with the truth (even if you're right) is not classy if you act like a complete boor while doing it.

You've obviously never been sick enough to have your entire mood and thinking thrown out of whack because of it. You should try it some time.

The poster acting like a "complete boor" is simply your opinion. You are using her illness as an excuse for her to be a boor.

glockmail
04-09-2007, 02:19 PM
Wrong. Nobody has posted any evidence that Elizabeth Edwards has used her illness as an excuse for bad behavior. I was referring to our dear friend typo's excuse for Edwards.

Birdzeye
04-09-2007, 02:19 PM
The poster acting like a "complete boor" is simply your opinion. You are using her illness as an excuse for her to be a boor.

What has she done that is boorish?

stephanie
04-09-2007, 02:24 PM
I predicted this.....
Man I'm good...:dance:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=30091#post30091

It's already starting.....
I'm really sorry about Elizabeth's illness...
But what I REALLY cant stand.....Is people using it for a Political campaign.....Coming next....We can't say anything against Edwards, because his wife is ill...Mark my words..

glockmail
04-09-2007, 02:25 PM
What has she done that is boorish? Post 1: saying she is scared of her "rabid, rabid Republican" neighbor. Wouldn't you agree?

glockmail
04-09-2007, 02:29 PM
I predicted this.....
Man I'm good...:dance:

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=30091#post30091

It's already starting.....
I'm really sorry about Elizabeth's illness...
But what I REALLY cant stand.....Is people using it for a Political campaign.....Coming next....We can't say anything against Edwards, because his wife is ill...Mark my words..

I wouldn't doubt if the whole thing is a ruse. But if not, they are exploiting it fully, just like the ruthless trail lawyer that he is.

Birdzeye
04-09-2007, 02:31 PM
Post 1: saying she is scared of her "rabid, rabid Republican" neighbor. Wouldn't you agree?

Huh? After seeing some of the crap that some right wingers say here about leftists and even moderates, without a peep from you, you're all a twitter about that remark? Sheesh.

What is so boorish about that remark? Surely it's a lot tamer than the many characterizations of people who disapprove of Bush and the war in Iraq as traitors.

manu1959
04-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Huh? After seeing some of the crap that some right wingers say here about leftists and even moderates, without a peep from you, you're all a twitter about that remark? Sheesh.

What is so boorish about that remark? Surely it's a lot tamer than the many characterizations of people who disapprove of Bush and the war in Iraq as traitors.

a boor is someone that is rude or insensitve....she was that....

in saying that others have done or said worse are you saying mrs edwards is as bad as them?.....thought the left wanted to be on the high morla ground

Birdzeye
04-09-2007, 02:35 PM
a boor is someone that is rude or insensitve....she was that....

in saying that others have done or said worse are you saying mrs edwards is as bad as them?.....thought the left wanted to be on the high morla ground

Well, if you're so worried about rude, insensitive "boors," why are you so silent about some of the right wingers who post here?

And what's "morla ground?"

glockmail
04-09-2007, 02:35 PM

We are not talking about some right wingers or moderates on some message board; we are talking about Elizabeth Edwards, a public figger, on the campaign trail for the POTUS. So you disagree that it is boorish?

stephanie
04-09-2007, 02:38 PM
She is snob and a hypocrite.....
And it's showing.....BIG TIME

Talk on Lizzie..

On the lib sites....Their saying it is a setup by the right wing...
They printed her interview out of context...:laugh2:

manu1959
Well, if you're so worried about rude, insensitive "boors," why are you so silent about some of the right wingers who post here?

And what's "morla ground?"

ooooooooooooooo the typo police.....guess that invalidates the whole argument .... i am not worried about anything ..... posters are not public figures ... she wants to be first lady....act like it

OCA

So the fact that she has cancer gives her a pass on everything for the rest of her remaining days?

manu1959
04-09-2007, 02:39 PM
So the fact that she has cancer gives her a pass on everything for the rest of her remaining days?

worked for my mom

OCA
04-09-2007, 02:42 PM
worked for my mom

I detect a hint of sarcasm towrds mommy in that post.....ooops.

glockmail
04-09-2007, 02:43 PM
worked for my mom
God bless her for not being a boorish snob and expecting y'all to ignore that.

glockmail
04-09-2007, 02:44 PM
I detect a hint of sarcasm towrds mommy in that post.....ooops. Now that you own Dirt and Chump, are they out back shovelling shit or something? :laugh2:

Birdzeye
04-09-2007, 02:46 PM
ooooooooooooooo the typo police.....guess that invalidates the whole argument .... i am not worried about anything ..... posters are not public figures ... she wants to be first lady....act like it

I guess I'll have to give you a pass on answering the first question. I know it's probably a bit uncomfortable for you to explain that. :D

OCA
04-09-2007, 02:47 PM
Now that you own Dirt and Chump, are they out back shovelling shit or something? :laugh2:

They finished that awhile back, the last few days they've had their noses across my balls! You know they are mine and yours' two biggest fans, mission accomplished:cheers2:

glockmail
04-09-2007, 02:49 PM
They finished that awhile back, the last few days they've had their noses across my balls! You know they are mine and yours' two biggest fans, mission accomplished:cheers2:
Add maineman and Cl_Taurus to your pile and we got a deal.:poke: