PDA

View Full Version : ABC allows Obama control on 6/24/09

Insein
06-16-2009, 08:49 AM
http://drudgereport.com/flashaot.htm

ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA; NEWS TO BE ANCHORED FROM INSIDE WHITE HOUSE
Tue Jun 16 2009 08:45:10 ET

On the night of June 24, the media and government become one, when ABC turns its programming over to President Obama and White House officials to push government run health care -- a move that has ignited an ethical firestorm!

Highlights on the agenda:

ABCNEWS anchor Charlie Gibson will deliver WORLD NEWS from the Blue Room of the White House.

The network plans a primetime special -- 'Prescription for America' -- originating from the East Room, exclude opposing voices on the debate.

MORE

Late Monday night, Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Ken McKay fired off a complaint to the head of ABCNEWS:

Dear Mr. Westin:

As the national debate on health care reform intensifies, I am deeply concerned and disappointed with ABC's astonishing decision to exclude opposing voices on this critical issue on June 24, 2009. Next Wednesday, ABC News will air a primetime health care reform “town hall” at the White House with President Barack Obama. In addition, according to an ABC News report, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, WORLD NEWS, NIGHTLINE and ABC’s web news “will all feature special programming on the president’s health care agenda.” This does not include the promotion, over the next 9 days, the president’s health care agenda will receive on ABC News programming.

Today, the Republican National Committee requested an opportunity to add our Party's views to those of the President's to ensure that all sides of the health care reform debate are presented. Our request was rejected. I believe that the President should have the ability to speak directly to the America people. However, I find it outrageous that ABC would prohibit our Party's opposing thoughts and ideas from this national debate, which affects millions of ABC viewers.

In the absence of opposition, I am concerned this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda. If that is the case, this primetime infomercial should be paid for out of the DNC coffers. President Obama does not hold a monopoly on health care reform ideas or on free airtime. The President has stated time and time again that he wants a bipartisan debate. Therefore, the Republican Party should be included in this primetime event, or the DNC should pay for your airtime.

Respectfully,
Ken McKay
Republican National Committee
Chief of Staff

chesswarsnow
06-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Its more or less already here.
2. Been here for decades, but many refuse to see it.
3. Now they make a show and allow older people to pay for it through their Social Security Income, not that what they pay would ever cover normal premiums.
4. But its still Socialized medicine.
5. People should be able to choose which way they want to go.
6. The government is being scammed everyday, with fraudulent claims, over billing the poor, double billings, higher then a cats back pricing, because the govenment is picking up (ALL) charges.
7. Going socialized medicine will save money, if its really government run.
8. With government doctors, who get a salary, not charge the poor bastards to the limit because the Govenment is picking up the check.
9. Average people like myself, who have a family, and are self employed can not afford health insurance, I would be flat busted in a short time.
10. And if one of us gets sick , God forbid, I can stand to lose everything I've worked for my entire life.
11. Where is the justice in that, I ask you?
12. I've worked hard *In the the persuit of happiness*, and have gained some properties, which I could lose all of them in one major illness lasting a month.
13. The longer a person is in the hospitals, the more the doctors and hospitals, and who every else can get their finger in it, feel obligated to charge you.
14. I could expect to be flat broke and indebt 200k on a stay of 30 days lenght.
15. My over all worth in properties is perhaps 400k, give or take.
16. Where is justice?

Heres a link and free sample:

http://drudgereport.com/flashaot.htm

"On the night of June 24, the media and government become one, when ABC turns its programming over to President Obama and White House officials to push government run health care -- a move that has ignited an ethical firestorm!

Highlights on the agenda:

ABCNEWS anchor Charlie Gibson will deliver WORLD NEWS from the Blue Room of the White House.

The network plans a primetime special -- 'Prescription for America' -- originating from the East Room, exclude opposing voices on the debate.

MORE

Late Monday night, Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Ken McKay fired off a complaint to the head of ABCNEWS:

Dear Mr. Westin:

As the national debate on health care reform intensifies, I am deeply concerned and disappointed with ABC's astonishing decision to exclude opposing voices on this critical issue on June 24, 2009. Next Wednesday, ABC News will air a primetime health care reform “town hall” at the White House with President Barack Obama. In addition, according to an ABC News report, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, WORLD NEWS, NIGHTLINE and ABC’s web news “will all feature special programming on the president’s health care agenda.” This does not include the promotion, over the next 9 days, the president’s health care agenda will receive on ABC News programming.

Today, the Republican National Committee requested an opportunity to add our Party's views to those of the President's to ensure that all sides of the health care reform debate are presented. Our request was rejected. I believe that the President should have the ability to speak directly to the America people. However, I find it outrageous that ABC would prohibit our Party's opposing thoughts and ideas from this national debate, which affects millions of ABC viewers.

In the absence of opposition, I am concerned this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda. If that is the case, this primetime infomercial should be paid for out of the DNC coffers. President Obama does not hold a monopoly on health care reform ideas or on free airtime. The President has stated time and time again that he wants a bipartisan debate. Therefore, the Republican Party should be included in this primetime event, or the DNC should pay for your airtime.

Respectfully,
Ken McKay
Republican National Committee
Cheif of Staff"

17. Lots of people are against protecting *Joe Blow Public*, but I'm for it, where can I sign up, and my whole family?
18. Like I said, we (ALL AMERICANS) are already paying for it, just not everyone is getting it, I say we all get it!
19. I happen to know a hospital charges nearly 5k a day for a sick person to lay in their hospital, that in itself should be a crime, charging a sick man to lay in a bed that much of his worth if he doesn't have insurance.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
06-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Interesting that the government doesn't have to take the media over, they are going voluntarily, setting an example for us all?

Insein
06-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Dupe thread.

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=23072

I'm more worried about the fact that ABC is handing over control to the government for an entire night to basically promote their agenda with no opposing POV for FREE! Soviet Russia anyone?

chesswarsnow
06-16-2009, 09:14 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yah, I saw that.
2. You linked the same site some 10 mins before I was able to get my story out.
3. I guess mine will have to go bye-bye., wheres the justice in that too?
4. Seeing mine has a point of view attached to it.
5. Oh well, thats how the cookie crumbles.
6. I dont think Obama's having ABC in his pocket is a secret, neither any other network.
7. There is little to surprise anyone these days, whos had their eyes opened.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
06-16-2009, 09:22 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Yah, I saw that.
2. You linked the same site some 10 mins before I was able to get my story out.
3. I guess mine will have to go bye-bye.
4. Seeing mine has a point of view attached to it.
5. Oh well, thats how the cookie crumbles.
6. I dont think Obama's having ABC in his pocket is a secret, neither any other network.
7. There is little to surprise anyone these days, whos had their eyes opened.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas
Merged threads, keeping commentary from dupe.

red states rule
06-17-2009, 05:24 AM
Have people forgot that Linda Douglass is currently Driector of Communication for the WH - she used to be ABC News correspondent

So now she sets up this infomercial for Obama, and her friends at ABC goes along with it

red states rule
06-17-2009, 06:18 AM
Dupe thread.

http://debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=23072

I'm more worried about the fact that ABC is handing over control to the government for an entire night to basically promote their agenda with no opposing POV for FREE! Soviet Russia anyone?

Reminds me of Orwell's "1984"

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2481/3635551874_d4d785fd24.jpg?v=0

Kathianne
06-17-2009, 06:36 AM
Reminds me of Orwell's "1984"

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2481/3635551874_d4d785fd24.jpg?v=0

Reminds me of USSR. This should be 'the story of the day', but wasn't. unreal.

red states rule
06-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Reminds me of USSR. This should be 'the story of the day', but wasn't. unreal.

I will be interested in how many people actually tune in to the Obama infomerical. The ratings will tell the story if people will actually buy into, and are interested in, what Obama and his campaign staff at ABC put on the air that night

Kathianne
06-17-2009, 09:02 AM
The media is going to regret their abandoning any pretense of objectivity. The right is going Alinsky, much as the Obama camp continues to do:

http://www.examiner.com/x-8357-DC-TV-Examiner~y2009m6d16-GOP-vs-ABC-over-next-weeks-Obama-health-care-special

Have to read the whole thing, including letter to ABC and their response.

emmett
06-17-2009, 09:29 AM
I will be interested in how many people actually tune in to the Obama infomerical. The ratings will tell the story if people will actually buy into, and are interested in, what Obama and his campaign staff at ABC put on the air that night

Yup...That is what I heard is the problem, they are worried about the thing having to compete with re-runs of Mayberry RFD and Gilligans Island. They don't want people turning the channel in the middle of it. :laugh2:

No rebuttle? Interesting. I guess that does it for this Fairness Doctrine talk then.

Hey you know what though....what else would ABC (American Burecratic Channel) have on anyway. Chuckie Gibson.....LIVE...from the blur room!

I remember three years ago when I used to make those jokes about the US Government News Channel on "Newsflash" updates, people would come on and say I was nuts. AND.......remember....you heard it here first.....I predicted Hillary would be Sec of State. Well...I said John Kerry first but then I didn't. I didn't say Hillary first even...but then I did. Well I said that whoever it was that made up stories about being under attack by the enemy. Oh wait a minute...they both claim that!

damn I'm confused. Never mind.

red states rule
06-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Yup...That is what I heard is the problem, they are worried about the thing having to compete with re-runs of Mayberry RFD and Gilligans Island. They don't want people turning the channel in the middle of it. :laugh2:

No rebuttle? Interesting. I guess that does it for this Fairness Doctrine talk then.

Hey you know what though....what else would ABC (American Burecratic Channel) have on anyway. Chuckie Gibson.....LIVE...from the blur room!

I remember three years ago when I used to make those jokes about the US Government News Channel on "Newsflash" updates, people would come on and say I was nuts. AND.......remember....you heard it here first.....I predicted Hillary would be Sec of State. Well...I said John Kerry first but then I didn't. I didn't say Hillary first even...but then I did. Well I said that whoever it was that made up stories about being under attack by the enemy. Oh wait a minute...they both claim that!

damn I'm confused. Never mind.

Those that watch it will be those who already have their lips firmly attached to Obama's ass

The rest of us will avoid ABC like the plague

The big question will be will Charlie Gibson have a better bow to Obama than Brian Williams did

Binky
06-17-2009, 12:09 PM

I'd rather clip my toenails than sit and watch that bullpucky. I'm tired of the rhetoric politicians are trying to program into us. :lame2:

red states rule
06-17-2009, 10:49 PM
ABC is not hiding its bias with the Obama Special. Under no circumstances will any dissenting voices be heard

During Healthcare 'Special' ABC Refuses Paid Ads That Oppose Obamacare

June 17, 2009 - 22:28 ET

So, not only is ABC not planning to include opposing voices to President Obama's health care proposals during its special presentation next week -- though ABC does claim "those in the audience" will ask questions of the president -- it is refusing to even allow groups that oppose Obamacare to purchase paid-for advertisements to air during the healthcare special.

Rick Scott, chairman of Conservatives for Patients Rights, contacted ABC and inquired about purchasing some ad time during the Obama infomercial, but was refused the sale. Scott wanted to air his 60-second ad before the healthcare show started. Though it was refused by the national network, apparently it is still possible for Scott the buy time on local affiliates should he desire it.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2009/06/17/during-healthcare-special-abc-refuses-paid-ads-oppose-obamacare

red states rule
06-19-2009, 07:06 AM
Want to know why ABC is handing the network over to Obama for a night long rally for healthcare?

Follow the money

ABC Employees Contributed Overwhelmingly to Obama
By CPR Staff on June 18, 2009 10:41 AM
Interesting to Note...

An analysis of contributions to the Obama and McCain campaign shows that ABC employees contributed more than $160,000 to the Obama campaign versus less than $5,000 to the McCain campaign.

http://www.cprights.org/2009/06/interesting-to-notean-analysis-of.php