PDA

View Full Version : *Politics Of The Price Of A Gallon Of Gas*

chesswarsnow
06-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Sirry bout that,

1. Go to the streets!
2. Rail on those whom sell the gas.
3. They are making it to expensive again.
4. No one is watching, and the government is asleep again.
5. Prices fly skywards.
6. While the barrel spot price isn't all that high right now.
7. It costed us, 4 bucks a gallon at 145.00 a barrel.
8. We're looking at half the price of a barrel as then, an yet we are not to far from the high we used to pay.
9. Greedy bastards, will ruin the economy again.
10. Calif. is already seeing over 3 dollar gas.
11. Heres a link and a free sample:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/06/16/BAQ9187O4S.DTL

"Just in time for summer, $3 gas is back.

California's average price for a gallon of regular gasoline topped $3 Monday for the first time since last fall, driven higher by a rally in the market for crude oil. Just one month ago, Californians paid $2.52 per gallon, according to the AAA auto club."

12. Get those damned prices back in line you bastards!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Rick OShea
06-16-2009, 10:08 PM
You do realize that every spring there is a 20 - 50 cent rise in the price of a gallon of gas because of the switch to summer blend fuel?

If we are going to play the blame game how'bout some for the party that demands all these regulations. . . mandating 60 blends of gas across the country putting all this "invisible" price pressure on gasoline?

That California has the most expensive gasoline doesn't get one iota of sympathy from me. The state has zero refining and their laws demand the most expensive base blendstock.

Look, if I only wanted to drink wine made with perfect grapes squashed by the perfectly pedicured feet of virgin blue-eyed natural blond supermodels, I would certainly have to pay for it . . . Well that's what California's gas is like . . .

Binky
06-17-2009, 12:58 PM
Sirry bout that,

1. Go to the streets!
2. Rail on those whom sell the gas.
3. They are making it to expensive again.
4. No one is watching, and the government is asleep again.
5. Prices fly skywards.
6. While the barrel spot price isn't all that high right now.
7. It costed us, 4 bucks a gallon at 145.00 a barrel.
8. We're looking at half the price of a barrel as then, an yet we are not to far from the high we used to pay.
9. Greedy bastards, will ruin the economy again.
10. Calif. is already seeing over 3 dollar gas.
11. Heres a link and a free sample:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/06/16/BAQ9187O4S.DTL

"Just in time for summer, $3 gas is back.

California's average price for a gallon of regular gasoline topped $3 Monday for the first time since last fall, driven higher by a rally in the market for crude oil. Just one month ago, Californians paid $2.52 per gallon, according to the AAA auto club."

12. Get those damned prices back in line you bastards!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I'm in mid Michigan and I just paid $2.86 per gal for mid grade. It's a touristy area so it'll prob'ly shoot higher before Labor Day. Then it'll die down again to keep the humans quiet, and then, when the holidays roll around up it'll go again. It's a vicious cycle, which is never ending. One station will call another to find out what their prices are and then, lo and behold, go figure, up that stations prices will go. Never mind it's called price fixing and is illegal. It's an occurance that happens constantly here. As long as America is dependent on old fashioned oil, they have us pinned to the wall by our short and curlies. :lame2:

chesswarsnow
06-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I'm from Texas.
2. And here gas costs about .75 too much.
3. We are paying right at 2.50 a gallon right now.
4. At that rate, if the barrel goes up to lets say, 145.00
5. We will be paying perhaps 6.00 a gallon.
6. Obama needs to get his head into this problem before we go belly up again, when gas was 4.00 a gallon.
7. This is an oil based economy, if the price of oil goes way up, gas gets to expensive, and everyone suffers.
8. If the suppliers want to kill the goose who laid the golden egg, then by all means, kill their customers.
9. Raise the hell out of the price and see how long this world can handle being sucked dry.
10. They will fold up the whole economy over their greed.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas