PDA

View Full Version : Get yourself over to England

gabosaurus
06-17-2009, 02:09 PM
British Airways is in a deep financial soup. So are many travel-related industries.
A good travel agent can find you some incredible deals. Like, flights to London for around $300, possibility of a first-class upgrade, lower child fares if available.
My daughter and I are going end of the month. :D

Yurt
06-17-2009, 04:19 PM
bring me back chocolate, i love english chocolate and since i no longer live by canada, it has been hard to come by. the black market here is getting to risky and overpriced...

Mr. P
06-17-2009, 06:40 PM
bring me back chocolate, i love english chocolate and since i no longer live by canada, it has been hard to come by. the black market here is getting to risky and overpriced...

There's a black market in chocolate? Are you serious? :laugh2:

Kathianne
06-17-2009, 06:42 PM
There's a black market in chocolate? Are you serious? :laugh2:

there's always been a black market in chocolate, since preschool. Fool. Where you been?

Mr. P
06-17-2009, 06:53 PM
there's always been a black market in chocolate, since preschool. Fool. Where you been?

Eating boiled peanuts of course! :slap: YUM!

Kathianne
06-17-2009, 07:03 PM
Eating boiled peanuts of course! :slap: YUM!

Careful, Jim may have to boil you in oil, related to peas and all. ;)

Trigg
06-17-2009, 07:40 PM
Fares to Ireland are cheep as well and the hotel price we got is amazing.

CAN'T WAIT UNTIL SEPTEMBER :dance::dance:

Mr. P
06-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Saw a fare for Greece in August $400 something. I don't remember where I saw it or details.

Sitarro
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Yea, jump on one of those Airbuses to fly across the pond, they could give me the flight and I wouldn't take it. I wasn't very impressed with London, obnoxious traffic at 11 o'clock at night. Stayed 13 days and didn't have one good meal and the people were jerks. I wasn't playing tourist there, I was working. The golf club put me up at the Oakley Court Hotel on the Thames River near Windsor Castle.

http://www.principal-hayley.com/venues-and-hotels/the-oakley-court

It was the best part of the trip, full of Gargoyles, I believe they said 200. I did look under the mattress to see if there was a body there, it had a huge lump in the middle of the bed. Television was really pathetic, like what it looked like 50 years ago here. The other good thing was the shower, a huge head directly over you that rained on you, that and the towel warmer. I was very happy to come home.

Watch out for the rental car people, they screw Americans, make sure you have them come out and inspect the car before you leave and when you bring it back. There was nobody outside when I turned mine in and a month later I received a note that they were charging my credit card for damage on the left side. I know there wasn't any damage, it's just a standard scam they play on us since we drive on the left side of the car here. They just claim that we dumb Americans have a problem with judging there narrow roads from the other side of the car. I drove in Scotland and Ireland without any incident, nothing happened in London but what was I suppose to do, fly back and dispute it? It was only 450 bucks, not worth the trouble. I loved Scotland and Ireland, England sucked. I can see why the Scots think they are a bunch of pussies. The speed cameras are everywhere too.

Go to Ireland instead.

chesswarsnow
06-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I was in jolly old England, before, back in 1993, sure was.
2. Just took a pit stop on the way to Israel.
3. I had some six hours of one day to look around.
4. Took the tube from the airport to Piccadilly Circus, just because I heard of it before.
5. Got out there and started walking.
6. Didn't have a map or anything, just barreling ahead of myself.
7. Anyway, noticed how old it looked, like real freakin old buildings, maybe a thousand years old or something, maybe more.
8. Then right next door, is a modern high rise building.
9. Quite a contrast.
10. Anyways, I enjoyed my walk, ended up at Buckingham Palace.
11. The changing of the guard took place, lots of pomp, which I'dd never seen any pomp.
12. One thing I noticed when I was there, as *I walked*, not one person, as I walked, even bothered to look me in the eye, either they were looking towards the gutter, or the bottom edge of a wall where it meets the side walk.
13 Strange.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

KitchenKitten99
06-17-2009, 10:50 PM
British Airways is in a deep financial soup. So are many travel-related industries.
A good travel agent can find you some incredible deals. Like, flights to London for around $300, possibility of a first-class upgrade, lower child fares if available.
My daughter and I are going end of the month. :D

Will you pay for it? I mean, you obviously make more money than I do and due to my student status, only working PT, I can't afford to go.

You are a liberal, so you should live by your own preachings of 'spread the wealth', and buy me and my family a few plane tickets to London.

It's for the common good! :thumb: