PDA

View Full Version : Boxer Demands to be called "Senator"

red states rule
06-18-2009, 07:26 AM
Maam is a term of address from subordinates to female officers in the military.
It is a term of respect.

Perhaps Boxer needs a lesson as it pertains to the military before she publicly ridicules one of our defenders.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrpFSfpXD50&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrpFSfpXD50&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Monkeybone
06-18-2009, 08:05 AM
awwww. she just wants to feel special and recognition for how hard she worked to get that title.

red states rule
06-18-2009, 08:07 AM
awwww. she just wants to feel special and recognition for how hard she worked to get that title.

and she seems to think the General did not work hard to earn his rank

REDWHITEBLUE2
06-18-2009, 07:54 PM
It is a term of respect.

Perhaps Boxer needs a lesson as it pertains to the military before she publicly ridicules one of our defenders.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrpFSfpXD50&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrpFSfpXD50&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

She's lucky the General didn't call her by her TRUE name.....STUPID BITCH

red states rule
06-19-2009, 06:02 AM
Leave it to Chris Matthwes to spin Pelosi's behalf

<object width="518" height="419"><param name="movie" value="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=ydaGQuZuZu" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/eyeblast.swf?v=ydaGQuZuZu" allowfullscreen="true" width="518" height="419" /></object>

Nukeman
06-19-2009, 06:22 AM
I sent the *cough* Senator, Ma'am a email yesterday!!!! :dance:

Why is it that all the pretensious arogant assholes are from California!?!!?!?!?!?!?

red states rule
06-19-2009, 06:28 AM
We see once again how the left treats members of our miliyary

This General, a protector of the nation,, was ridiculed by a US Senator, in public

DC is too full of over paid, arrogant, smug elitists who are way out of touch with we, the people. Notice all three of these nutjobs are Dems. Wonder why?

Kathianne
06-19-2009, 05:54 PM
while the whole topic is silly, Boxer brought it upon herself. With that said, adding to silliness:

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/2009/06/18/gomerboxer/

What Gomer Pyle could teach Sen. Boxer
In episode 4 of the first season of “Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.,” Capt. Martin (played by Pippa Scott) dressed down Pvt. Pyle (Jim Nabors) for calling her “ma’am.”

Repeatedly. She believed it was disrespectful and wanted to be called “captain.” After all, she had worked hard and it was implied that along the way she suffered male chauvinism to earn the rank of captain.

Being Gomer Pyle, he could not bring himself to not call her “ma’am.”

The episode ended with Capt. “Ironpants” Martin learning a lesson on accepting courtesy for what it is — respect.

I see where Democratic Sen. Barbara “Ironpants” Boxer could use a lesson from Brig. Gen. Michael “Gomer” Walsh.

Andrew Malcolm has his take on it.

UPDATE: I got to nosing around looking for more on this and found this photo:

And this synopsis: “Gomer gets in hot water with a female officer when he fails to salute her and instead tips his hat and says ‘hey ma’am.’ To teach him a lesson, Gomer is required to clean the Captain’s office each day for a week. But it’s Captain Ironpants who learns about respect when Gomer teaches her about Southern hospitality.”

It aired on Oct. 16, 1965.

UPDATE: As a commenter noted, the general was in the rong. So was Gomer. But Sen. Boxer was even more wrong in publicly upbraiding the man. She is not in his chain of command. She should have forwarded a complaint to his superior. I thought I had made that clear. I apologize for my lack of clarity earlier.

Gaffer
06-19-2009, 07:50 PM
It just makes her feel more manly to be called senator.

Joe Steel
06-21-2009, 07:08 AM

Boxer made a fool of herself and now she's made herself a prima donna. On the other hand, I wouldn't automatically assume the General "earned" his rank in any substantive sense.

When I was working on one of my degrees, I took some classes with some military guys. I asked one of them why he was in the program. He said he was just "getting his ticket punched." The military wants officers with degrees so he was getting a degree. I suspect quite a few officers do nothing more than play the game and get their tickets punched. Eventually, they end-up as senior officers.

Kathianne
06-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Interesting find on Blackfive:

http://www.blackfive.net/main/2009/06/the-difference-between-addressing-someone-with-their-title-and-sir-or-maam.html

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ADDRESSING SOMEONE WITH THEIR TITLE AND "SIR OR MA'AM"
POSTED BY BLACKFIVE

Apparently, Barbara Boxer, a Senator from California where some of the biggest military bases exist, doesn't understand respect when she hears it.

As a former Army Officer, if one of my soldiers called me "Lieutenant", instead of "el-tee" or "Sir", I would know that he found me lacking. Calling me by my job title or rank is only done because it is the lowest requirement of respect.

The. Lowest. Requirement. Of. Respect.

If one of my soldiers called me "Captain", without using my last name behind it or "Sir", I would know that he found me substandard.

BG Walsh was showing Barbara Boxer respect by calling her "Ma'am" instead of "Senator." Believe me, the title "Senator" does not really hold a whole lot of credibility in the US military. It's a job, and a Corporal leading a team in Baqubah has more honor than most of those holding that title.

Sir or Ma'am is showing Barbara Boxer respect that doesn't have to be shown to her. BG Walsh can call her Senator all day and night. Instead, the general called her "Ma'am" - a term in deference to her and to show respect for what she earned.

But if she wants to be associated with that den of corruption and incompetence, be my guest.

Gunny
06-21-2009, 09:59 AM
It is a term of respect.

Man, I messed this one up. Here I was addressing the bitch as Senator because "ma'am" is a title of respect. If I'd known "ma'am" pissed her off, I'd have used it at least twice in every sentence.:laugh2:

Gunny
06-21-2009, 10:03 AM

I'd have responded with "yes, ma'am.":salute:

:cool:

She has no right to demand anything, nor does she make the rules. "Ma'am" is a term for addressing female officers and public officials that is commensurate with the office she holds and there isn't a damned thing she can do about it.

Gunny
06-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Boxer made a fool of herself and now she's made herself a prima donna. On the other hand, I wouldn't automatically assume the General "earned" his rank in any substantive sense.

When I was working on one of my degrees, I took some classes with some military guys. I asked one of them why he was in the program. He said he was just "getting his ticket punched." The military wants officers with degrees so he was getting a degree. I suspect quite a few officers do nothing more than play the game and get their tickets punched. Eventually, they end-up as senior officers.

Whoever you work for just wants useful idiots with degrees. I suspect WAY more civilians do nothing more than play the game to get their tickets punched.

Did you actually have a point?

Joe Steel
06-21-2009, 03:52 PM
Whoever you work for just wants useful idiots with degrees. I suspect WAY more civilians do nothing more than play the game to get their tickets punched.

Did you actually have a point?

Was it too tough for you?

The General very well may have done nothing more than show-up and stay awake. Just attaining the rank says nothing of his ability.

Kathianne
06-21-2009, 04:47 PM

The General very well may have done nothing more than show-up and stay awake. Just attaining the rank says nothing of his ability.

Then again, he and every other officer may have done more than show up and stay away. You wouldn't know or care, right?

stephanie
06-21-2009, 05:40 PM
so now she is Royalty and has a title, huh

that is just what a Democrat thinks, and us American citizens are her subjects..

She doesn't have a title, she has a job and works for us, I wonder if anybody would tell the witch that..and also tell her she is dumber than a rock...

Really frigggen...:lame2:

red states rule
06-22-2009, 08:17 AM

This is but one small stepping stone of what we have created in our Government. They have become aloof and unresponsive to the people they serve and now want the voters to grovel before them.

red states rule
06-22-2009, 08:18 AM
so now she is Royalty and has a title, huh

that is just what a Democrat thinks, and us American citizens are her subjects..

She doesn't have a title, she has a job and works for us, I wonder if anybody would tell the witch that..and also tell her she is dumber than a rock...

Really frigggen...:lame2:

Welcome back Stephanie

Boxer has had to step on a lot of people to get to where she is.

That officer also worked hard and sacrificed far more than she, to get to where he is. He shouldn't have been interrupted for something so trivial as professional vanity.

Such is the arrogance of career politicians. They're legends in their own minds.

stephanie
06-22-2009, 08:38 AM
Welcome back Stephanie

Boxer has had to step on a lot of people to get to where she is.

That officer also worked hard and sacrificed far more than she, to get to where he is. He shouldn't have been interrupted for something so trivial as professional vanity.

Such is the arrogance of career politicians. They're legends in their own minds.

Thank you my dear.
These tea party protest is a start to show this Government that we are watching..They will probably grow as more people start losing their jobs..
Both Republicans and Democrats have become to big for their britches, time to bring them back down to earth.

red states rule
06-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Thank you my dear.
These tea party protest is a start to show this Government that we are watching..They will probably grow as more people start losing their jobs..
Both Republicans and Democrats have become to big for their britches, time to bring them back down to earth.

It is time to bring back Reagan conservitism. That will not only solve the issues facing the nation, but show what a total disaster unchecked Dem power is

There are Tea Parties set for the 4th of July weekend and I am checking to see if one is reasonably close to where I live.

stephanie
06-22-2009, 09:39 AM
It is time to bring back Reagan conservitism. That will not only solve the issues facing the nation, but show what a total disaster unchecked Dem power is

There are Tea Parties set for the 4th of July weekend and I am checking to see if one is reasonably close to where I live.

I'm looking at purchasing a pitchfork...the heck with tea bags..:coffee:

red states rule
06-22-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm looking at purchasing a pitchfork...the heck with tea bags..:coffee:

Get the tea bags as well. Perhaps we can then call Sen Boxer - Former Sen Boxer

stephanie
06-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Get the tea bags as well. Perhaps we can then call Sen Boxer - Former Sen Boxer

Boxer is the perfect example of a feminatzi that Rush was talking about..
she's a disgrace to the women in this country..I can't stand her or Pelosi, Hillary, and a few other Democrat feminatzis..They are ugly, ugly ugly..not only on the outside, but in the inside also..

red states rule
06-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Boxer is the perfect example of a feminatzi that Rush was talking about..
she's a disgrace to the women in this country..I can't stand her or Pelosi, Hillary, and a few other Democrat feminatzis..They are ugly, ugly ugly..not only on the outside, but in the inside also..

With leadership like that, it is no small wonder that California is bankrupt

It has become a common and almost daily practice for Democratic politicians to use senior military officers as their punching bags. Boxer showed blatant contempt to the General by abusing him in public.

stephanie
06-22-2009, 09:59 AM
With leadership like that, it is no small wonder that California is bankrupt

It has become a common and almost daily practice for Democratic politicians to use senior military officers as their punching bags. Boxer showed blatant contempt to the General by abusing him in public.

that's nothing, she shows blatant contempt of us American citizens who don't agree with her...I wish the people in California would kick her and Pelosi to the curb, so we don't have to look at their ugly souls any longer...But,sigh

red states rule
06-22-2009, 10:02 AM
that's nothing, she shows blatant contempt of us American citizens who don't agree with her

You can't blame her for that Steph. That is common trait with most liberals. It is part of their genetic makeup I guess

Joe Steel
06-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Then again, he and every other officer may have done more than show up and stay away. You wouldn't know or care, right?

I'd have no way of knowing but I suppose I'd care. Right now we have a peace-time military. Presumably, its officers are skilled in ticket-punching. That could be a problem in a war.

Joe Steel
06-22-2009, 12:31 PM
This is but one small stepping stone of what we have created in our Government. They have become aloof and unresponsive to the people they serve and now want the voters to grovel before them.

Sadly, it does look like that. I really wish she wouldn't have said it.

stephanie
06-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Sadly, it does look like that. I really wish she wouldn't have said it.

I hope I don't get struck by lighting, I finally agree on something with JS...:thumb:

red states rule
06-23-2009, 06:33 AM
I hope I don't get struck by lighting, I finally agree on something with JS...:thumb:

Scary isn't it Stephanie? Could Joe be showing some slight glimmer of hope?

The General should have looked Boxer in the eye and replied "Sure, I can call you Senator, you can call me the guy that gets shot at to protect your sorry ass".

Gunny
06-23-2009, 08:10 PM

In other words your is just an ad hominem attack since you really have no clue.

Gunny
06-23-2009, 08:17 PM
while the whole topic is silly, Boxer brought it upon herself. With that said, adding to silliness:

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/2009/06/18/gomerboxer/

Both the fictional Captain Martin and the unfortunately non-fictional "Babs" Boxer are incorrect. "Sir" or "ma'am" are terms of respect according to military history, customs and tradition.

Marine officers were offended, and rightly so when acknowledged with "yes, ma'am/sir" as they KNEW it was disrespect they could do nothing about since it is also proper to address someone by their rank.

I wonder if Boxer got pissed I addressed her when I unfortunately had to as "Ms Boxer." I didn't dignify her with any title or respect. THAT also is proper for addressing civilians.

Gaffer
06-23-2009, 09:32 PM
Both the fictional Captain Martin and the unfortunately non-fictional "Babs" Boxer are incorrect. "Sir" or "ma'am" are terms of respect according to military history, customs and tradition.

Marine officers were offended, and rightly so when acknowledged with "yes, ma'am/sir" as they KNEW it was disrespect they could do nothing about since it is also proper to address someone by their rank.

I wonder if Boxer got pissed I addressed her when I unfortunately had to as "Ms Boxer." I didn't dignify her with any title or respect. THAT also is proper for addressing civilians.

Your a better man than I am Gunny. I would have spit at her feet and turned my back to her. Of course if you were in the service then you wouldn't have had that option.

Gunny
07-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Your a better man than I am Gunny. I would have spit at her feet and turned my back to her. Of course if you were in the service then you wouldn't have had that option.

LOL. No, unfortuantely I SSgt Gunny at the time and 'volunteered" by someone who didn't know any better to be an alternate at DACOWITS. I found it rather amazing that only the service reps on that board had ANY military service. The rest were dumb civilian broads making decisions they would never have to live with.

red states rule
07-05-2009, 06:25 AM
LOL. No, unfortuantely I SSgt Gunny at the time and 'volunteered" by someone who didn't know any better to be an alternate at DACOWITS. I found it rather amazing that only the service reps on that board had ANY military service. The rest were dumb civilian broads making decisions they would never have to live with.

Thank you for your service. It is because of men and women like you I enjoy the freedoms I have today. :salute:

actsnoblemartin
07-05-2009, 06:29 AM
here here, ill second that.

thanks gunny

god bless you eternally

amen

Thank you for your service. It is because of men and women like you I enjoy the freedoms I have today. :salute:

Gaffer
07-05-2009, 09:45 AM

It's the freedoms you had RSR. You don't have them any more and are about to lose the rest of them shortly.