PDA

View Full Version : Bachmann says she won't complete 2010 census

red states rule
06-19-2009, 06:35 AM
The questions on this census are amazing.

"What time do tyou leave for work" "How long is your commute"

I don't want Obama to know what time I go to work. It's none of his damn business. What happened to our right to privacy?

The government is killing us - taking control of the media, the banks, manufacturing, etc.

If an Acorn idiot dares to come to MY door, he better bring earplugs.

Bachmann says she won't complete 2010 census
By Cynthia Dizikes | Published Thu, Jun 18 2009 9:52 am

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Rep. Michele Bachmann has vowed not to complete the 2010 census, according to The Washington Times.

After an interview with the conservative lightning rod, the paper reported that “...Bachmann says she's so worried that information from next year's national census will be abused that she will refuse to fill out anything more than the number of people in her household.”

"I know for my family the only question we will be answering is how many people are in our home," Bachmann told the Times. "We won't be answering any information beyond that, because the Constitution doesn't require any information beyond that."

But Shelly Lowe, a spokeswoman for the U.S. Census Bureau, told the Times that Bachmann was "misreading" the law. According to Lowe, the law specifies that anyone over the 18 years old who refuses to answer “any of the questions” on the census can be fined up to $5,000.

http://www.minnpost.com/cynthiadizikes/2009/06/18/9619/bachmann_says_she_won%E2%80%99t_complete_2010_cens us

Mr. P
06-19-2009, 07:54 AM
I didn't answer the questions in 2000. Had two visits from the census folks but no fine. BTW since the question are not supported in the constitution I don't think a fine would stand...I may be wrong.

Oh, I won't answer in 2010 either.

red states rule
06-19-2009, 07:57 AM
I didn't answer the questions in 2000. Had two visits from the census folks but no fine. BTW since the question are not supported in the constitution I don't think a fine would stand...I may be wrong.

I will not answer them - or just write "Present" to each question

emmett
06-19-2009, 08:34 AM

Ditto. In addition I want to know the answers to what other residents in my neighborhood answered. After all it is a "public" head count. The purpose of the sensus was a head count. Nothing more. To determine requirements of services in areas I can live with. To establish what they are looking to do is criminal.

How about including these questions on the census quiz.

Did you sneak into the United States illegally?

Are you planning on getting pregnat and using taxpaying Americans to pay your expenses?

How do you plan to support the child you plan to have?

Are you a freeloader who plans to use Americans to get you by in the world?

I could think of many others that would qualify as legitimate questions that many Americans would like to know the answer to.

red states rule
06-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Ditto. In addition I want to know the answers to what other residents in my neighborhood answered. After all it is a "public" head count. The purpose of the sensus was a head count. Nothing more. To determine requirements of services in areas I can live with. To establish what they are looking to do is criminal.

How about including these questions on the census quiz.

Did you sneak into the United States illegally?

Are you planning on getting pregnat and using taxpaying Americans to pay your expenses?

How do you plan to support the child you plan to have?

Are you a freeloader who plans to use Americans to get you by in the world?

I could think of many others that would qualify as legitimate questions that many Americans would like to know the answer to.

"No habla Inglese"