PDA

View Full Version : Obama hasn't commented on Iran

emmett
06-20-2009, 04:48 AM
Has anybody heard ANYTHING about Obama commenting on the fiasco of an election in Iran.

Can it be that the great Democrat has offered no opinion about Iran claiming that their president won re-election by a landslide?

How about the people who have been senselessly murdered in the street protests as a result?

Any Liberals want to take a shot at this subject?

Monkeybone
06-20-2009, 09:44 AM
just taking his time to figure out how to vote "present"

red states rule
06-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Has anybody heard ANYTHING about Obama commenting on the fiasco of an election in Iran.

Can it be that the great Democrat has offered no opinion about Iran claiming that their president won re-election by a landslide?

How about the people who have been senselessly murdered in the street protests as a result?

Any Liberals want to take a shot at this subject?

When it looked like the voters in Iran would toss out Little Adolf. Obama ran out and took credit for it and credited his Cairo speech

When it turned bad, and the violence started he backed off and said the US should not "meddle"

Now Obama and his supporters say how his silence is a good thing. So while people scream out for liberty, Obama sits on the sidelines and does not even offer them support/

Libs say how we are all "global citizens" why should the US sit on the sidelines? Libs are worried how the Iran government will blame the US. Well when have they NOT blamed the US for whatever happens?

If the leaders of Iran have listened to Obama they would know Obama has trashed his own country on many occassions, and it is nothing new for our President

emmett
06-23-2009, 09:59 AM
Barry continues to be silent because he is not a leader. He is a follower. He will align himself somehow with the outcome, whatever it is and attempt to get credit in some way for habing done so. Barry is a snake. Plain and simple.

But...........guess what Republicans? YOU asked for it! That's right. You didn't want Hillary. Be careful what you ask for. I din;t want her either but I wanted to at least leave an impression/

You Republicans kill me. Frankly you are getting as bad as Democrats. One can read these pages today and go back four years to when Republicans won re-election and see the same exact kind of useless rhetoric used by Dems. It is the same old counter productve crap. No one really stands for anything except "their" side. Pityful.

Righties...your party is failing. They have almost no say so at all in government right now. One after another has been kicked off their job and replaced by a democrat. Barry is merelt exploiting it. He is weak but appears strong because Republicans blew it! You are getting the exact dish you prepared for yourself.

Kathianne
06-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Hmmm, Emmett. I've been calling for a third party for a mighty long time. So far, the Libertarian Party just hasn't cut it. You seem to be of the mindset that anyone that aligns with it will just be more honest than what's come before. Why would you think so?

I don't know who is going to come to the front, may come from within one of the two main parties, may come from Libertarian, may come from Tea Party, or something none of us yet foresee.

I do know that if all Libertarians hold the same contempt for Republicans that you are currently projecting, they are going to lose many on that alone. Just saying...

emmett
06-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Hmmm, Emmett. I've been calling for a third party for a mighty long time. So far, the Libertarian Party just hasn't cut it. You seem to be of the mindset that anyone that aligns with it will just be more honest than what's come before. Why would you think so?

I don't know who is going to come to the front, may come from within one of the two main parties, may come from Libertarian, may come from Tea Party, or something none of us yet foresee.

I do know that if all Libertarians hold the same contempt for Republicans that you are currently projecting, they are going to lose many on that alone. Just saying...

I don't hold contempt for the people themselves. Just the philosophy that has obviously failed. I am so sorry to be the messenger but don't shoot the messenger because you don;t like the message.

I don't know what party you would think has a political agenda closer tot he founding fathers than Libertarians. Possibly Constitution Party but they have a little problem seperating church and state.

Curious...remind me....what part of the Libertarian platform do you disagree with?

Kathianne
06-23-2009, 10:56 AM
I don't hold contempt for the people themselves. Just the philosophy that has obviously failed. I am so sorry to be the messenger but don't shoot the messenger because you don;t like the message.

I don't know what party you would think has a political agenda closer tot he founding fathers than Libertarians. Possibly Constitution Party but they have a little problem seperating church and state.

Curious...remind me....what part of the Libertarian platform do you disagree with?

Again, in all likelihood I was agreeing with the Libertarian take on issues before you 'left' the GOP. Even back in 2004, while working on GW's campaign, I agreed that the message and actions were off for most 'conservatives.'

It's not the Libertarian 'platform' that's the problem, it's been the candidates and many of those that claim the Libertarian Party. We saw much of the problem with the last campaign by Ron Paul, who while running on GOP is an acknowledged Libertarian.

That's the point. Blaming those that voted for McCain or GW for Obama, when both better reflected their opinions than a Ron Paul or the Libertarian candidate, is just not the way to attract possible members. Assuming that party would attract disenfranchised Republican voters, it would be better, IMO to discuss the issues rather than attacking their votes.

red states rule
06-24-2009, 07:26 AM

As I tell my liberal friend and coworker, I may be a member of the Republican party - but I am a Reagan conservative - not a member of the McCain wing of the party

Emmett, with all due respect, there is not a thing wrong with that philosphy. In fact Reagan's conservative principals is exactly what is needed to repair the damage inflicted the country by Obama and the Dems