PDA

View Full Version : Im proud of myself

06-20-2009, 09:20 PM
My car's "Check Engine" light lit up last night. So I spent today seeing if i could figure out what's wrong. I know absolutely nothing about car maintenence. But I successfully fixed it myself.

And no it was nothing major. But like I said, I suck when it comes to cars so Im happy I was able to take care of it.

Mr. P
06-20-2009, 09:34 PM
So what did ya do to fit it? Don't say you took the bulb out. :lol:

crin63
06-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Usually the check engine light will reset when you disconnect the battery.

06-21-2009, 11:24 AM
It was out of antifreeze.

I told you im Car illiterate.

KitchenKitten99
06-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Your car should never 'run out' of anti-freeze. If it does, there is a leak somewhere. And if you don't see it on your garage/driveway floor, then it is internal, and that is definitely a bad thing.

06-22-2009, 01:39 AM
then im in serious trouble lol

Trinity
06-22-2009, 07:37 AM
then im in serious trouble lol

Yeah....no anti freeze can lead to over heated engine, which leads to cracked head, which leads to very expensive repair job.:eek:

KitchenKitten99
06-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Yeah....no anti freeze can lead to over heated engine, which leads to cracked head, which leads to very expensive repair job.:eek:

problem is that if there is a leak and it is not external (you would see it AND smell it around the car)... there is likely already a cracked head or cracked block (the engine is F-ed up and is considered scrap), which then means he will be contributing to the local economy by purchasing a new car unless he wants to dump a couple thousand into replacing the engine of the one he has. Depends on which is more economical for him over-all, both long and short term.

Trinity
06-22-2009, 07:48 PM
problem is that if there is a leak and it is not external (you would see it AND smell it around the car)... there is likely already a cracked head or cracked block (the engine is F-ed up and is considered scrap), which then means he will be contributing to the local economy by purchasing a new car unless he wants to dump a couple thousand into replacing the engine of the one he has. Depends on which is more economical for him over-all, both long and short term.

well I wasn't going to ruin his day completely........but yeah....you might want to take it to a mechanic you TRUST!