PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

Mr. P
04-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Do you shop/buy online? If so why and for what, if not why?
Do you only shop certain sites?

Abbey Marie
04-09-2007, 04:25 PM
Amazon (books, mostly)
eBay (for old things I collect)
Various bridal and baby registries (for the obvious reasons)
Proflowers.com (flowers, of course!)

Nienna
04-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I LOVE shopping online. Much easier than hauling the kids out to the suburbs. Some clothes, mostly Christmas gifts, toys, books.

Abbey Marie
04-09-2007, 04:53 PM
I missed the second part of your post: I tend to stick to well-known sites, with eBay being an exception, because it has things I can't just get somewhere else.

I also forgot to mention that we usually use Expedia for travel reservations.

Mr. P
04-09-2007, 06:30 PM
I LOVE shopping online. Much easier than hauling the kids out to the suburbs. Some clothes, mostly Christmas gifts, toys, books.

I missed the second part of your post: I tend to stick to well-known sites, with eBay being an exception, because it has things I can't just get somewhere else.

I also forgot to mention that we usually use Expedia for travel reservations.

Ok, so Nienna, would you do a google Google search for Teddy bears or just go to your favorite store? (BTW I love the net for shopping! Anything is better than going to a mall!)

Same question for you Abby, if you wanted say, van briggle, would you just hit E-Bay or Google it?

KitchenKitten99
04-09-2007, 06:46 PM
I love to buy online if it saves me time and money, or if I feel like shopping, but I don't want to leave the house (or can't). I'll usually price shop online before I go to a store, or even maybe locate one on eBay.

eBay is my go-to place for most of my clothes, shoes, books and computer software, as well as random collectibles.

I occasionally use a local grocery service here called simondelivers.com that you can order your groceries online, and have them delivered next day. Only problem is they have a $10 delivery fee for orders under $100, and with my obsessive coupon use and the super-deep sales and deals i take advantage of, so our bill rarely comes to that.

Nienna
04-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Ok, so Nienna, would you do a google Google search for Teddy bears or just go to your favorite store? (BTW I love the net for shopping! Anything is better than going to a mall!)

Same question for you Abby, if you wanted say, van briggle, would you just hit E-Bay or Google it?

I usually stick to known stores, but I have bought stuff off of sites I wasn't familiar with. Thomas the Tank Engine stuff was MUCH cheaper online. I recently ordered some Webkinz off of an unfamiliar site... the order hasn't been processed yet, but Webkinz ARE on backorder in many places. I keep checking my credit card balance. I found the Webkinz store and the Thomas the Tank Engine stores on Google.

Abbey Marie
04-09-2007, 10:29 PM

I would probably start with eBay. If I couldn't find it there, I'd do a web search (but not Google- don't like their politics).

jimnyc
04-10-2007, 04:40 AM
Do you shop/buy online? If so why and for what, if not why?
Do you only shop certain sites?

I take a LOT of chances on the unknown, and pretty much do ALL my shopping online!

Ebay - sometimes, only if really necessary for rare items

tigerdirect - for my computer hardware needs and gadgets

Various forums - websites, domains, scripts & other software

kohls.com - clothing

Amazon.com - movies for my son

GoDaddy - domain registrar - must have spent 3k there over the years! :)

And a couple billion unknown sites that I get linked to from other forums to buy web related goodies.

And yes, I've been robbed several times. Most of the time refunded by paypal, but a few times I was out of luck.

stephanie
04-10-2007, 04:59 AM
I've shopped online for a few yrs. now, mostly for Christmas... try to stay with the big names......But...
Have taken a chance on smaller names, never had a problem..

When you live 160 round trip from the nearest store....

Online is ............the Bomb....I think that's what they say, today????:laugh2:

Nienna
04-10-2007, 06:45 AM
I've shopped online for a few yrs. now, mostly for Christmas... try to stay with the big names......But...
Have taken a chance on smaller names, never had a problem..

When you live 160 round trip from the nearest store....

Online is ............the Bomb....I think that's what they say, today????:laugh2:

I believe the phrase is "da Bomb." ;)

stephanie
04-10-2007, 12:27 PM
I believe the phrase is "da Bomb." ;)

:thumb: :laugh2: