PDA

View Full Version : the hundred dollar bill...

PostmodernProphet
06-22-2009, 02:51 PM
I don't know whether to include this under humor or current events, but it was told to me as a joke, so I will put it here....

A hotel manager in New Zealand was approached by a rich American tourist who did not have a reservation....."I am sorry sir, but there is no possible way I could find you a room"......the tourist laid a $100 bill on the counter, "are you sure nothing is available"......"well, there is one possibility but I'm not sure if it will suit you, take this key and look at it"......almost as soon as the tourist got on the elevator, the local baker stormed into the lobby......"Jack! I want that money you owe me and I want it now! I have bills to pay!".......desperate to avoid a scene and confident the tourist would take the room, Jack shoved the $100 bill into the baker's hand and shoved him out the door......the baker walked out the door with the bill in hand and a big smile on his face.....only to meet the butcher....."Jim! just the man I want to see about that big bill you owe me!.....Sadly, the baker handed the $100 bill over to the butcher.....the butcher crossed the street and knocked on the door of the lawyer, who's door was locked even though it was business hours.....the lawyer stuck his head out the door, looking a bit disheveled....."Sir, here is your retainer, please begin that case we discussed immediately!"......the lawyer took the bill and ducked his head back inside as the butcher continued down the street.....a moment later, the town whore stepped out of the lawyer's office tucking a hundred dollar bill into her bodice.....she crossed the street to the hotel where she whispered to the manager....."It's the first of the month. Those referrals you gave me from the sales convention worked out great"....she laid a hundred dollar bill on the counter.....just then the elevator door opened and the tourist stepped out......he picked up the $100 bill and said "sorry, that room just won't do" and left.....

now the only difference between Obama's economic recovery and my story, is that in my story, only the lawyer get's screwed......