PDA

View Full Version : *Don't Screw This Up, Fix It!*

chesswarsnow
06-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But looks like we are getting closer.
2. Maybe I will see justice in health care.
3. Heres a link and a free sample:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124571663112039291.html

"The shape of the Obama health plan may be decided as soon as this week -- at least if a bill is going to be manhandled through Congress this year, as the President is exhorting the Members to do. In the backroom Democrats are arguing ferociously about whether they should create a new Medicare-like entitlement for the middle class on a bare liberal majority, or instead a less ambitious program that might attract moderate Democrats and maybe even a few Republicans. Progressives and their media cheerleaders, naturally, are urging door No. 1.

Well, fair enough, though they shouldn't be conscripting voters into their crusade. Over the weekend a New York Times-CBS News poll carried the headline "Wide Support for Government-Run Health" and the lead that Americans "are strongly behind one of the most contentious proposals Congress is considering." This is a reference to the so-called public option, but if you read the actual questions you learn that the public is far less supportive of liberal policy goals.

It's true that "

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
06-23-2009, 04:13 AM
What's becoming clear is that the people in general 'would like' everyone to be covered. They consistently have said the same for over 80 years-that it would be 'best' if all had access to health care.

The access has improved mightily since the 1920's when poor people only saw a doctor when they couldn't 'fix it' themselves and by that point usually died very quickly afterwards. That's a big reason that life spans have risen so dramatically in the 2nd half of the 20th C and continues to this day.

What has been and remains 'the concern' of most people, is how to provide brakes on the costs, providing coverage for those without, without lessening their own coverage. We see this in the 'details' missing from the OP:

...It's true that 72% of the 895 respondents told pollsters that they support another health program. But policy details complicate their thinking. Even among those who favor the government covering the uninsured, only 47% would still support a public option if it meant their own health costs would rise -- as they inevitably will, until the government is compelled to start rationing.

On that score, 77% were very or somewhat satisfied with the quality of their own care, while 68% were concerned that a public option will restrict their access to treatment. Some 53% were worried about being forced to switch doctors. Merely 43% were willing to pay even $500 in new health taxes -- the costs will be far higher -- and only 28% believed President's Obama rhetoric that a new entitlement will improve the economy.

Results like these are echoed in poll after poll, including a new NBC News-Wall Street Journal survey, and of course all this is common knowledge on Capitol Hill. All that's new is the political repackaging -- which is making an appearance now because liberals know that their health dreams could become deeply unpopular once voters realize what they will mean in practice.

A bit more:

http://kudlow.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OGE5OWFjYWU1OWNhOTMxNzAxYzQ1ZDFlMTdhN2QyNzU=

We Don’t Need Obama’s Big-Bang Health-Care Plan [Larry Kudlow]
It looks like President Obama’s big-bang health-care reform is going down to defeat. This is good. But my question is why do we need it at all? According to a recent ABC News/USA Today/Kaiser Family Foundation survey, 89 percent of Americans are satisfied with their health care. That could mean up to 250 million people are happy. So why is it that we need Obama’s big-bang health-care overhaul in the first place?

There’s more. According the U.S. Census Bureau, we don’t have 47 million folks who are truly uninsured. When you take college kids plus those earning $75,000 or more who chose not to sign up, that removes roughly 20 million people. Then take out about 10 million more who are not U.S. citizens, and 11 million who are eligible for SCHIP and Medicaid but have not signed up for some reason.

So that really leaves only 10 million to 15 million people who are truly long-term uninsured...

...But the Democratic agenda has never really been about just the uninsured. And it certainly hasn’t been about real cost-cutting or true market choice and competition. Nor has it been about tort/trial-lawyer reform. Instead, the Democratic agenda has always been a class-warfare, anti-business attack on private-sector doctors, hospitals, insurance firms, and drug companies. It’s all about control, knocking down their profits, and telling them what to do.

Because government planners know best, right? Wrong. Absolutely wrong.
06/22 11:11 AM

Note the underlined, as Chess has been making the above point regarding Democrat agenda from post to post and thread to thread.

chesswarsnow
06-23-2009, 09:21 AM
Sorry bout that,

What's becoming clear is that the people in general 'would like' everyone to be covered. They consistently have said the same for over 80 years-that it would be 'best' if all had access to health care.

The access has improved mightily since the 1920's when poor people only saw a doctor when they couldn't 'fix it' themselves and by that point usually died very quickly afterwards. That's a big reason that life spans have risen so dramatically in the 2nd half of the 20th C and continues to this day.

What has been and remains 'the concern' of most people, is how to provide brakes on the costs, providing coverage for those without, without lessening their own coverage. We see this in the 'details' missing from the OP:

A bit more:

http://kudlow.nationalreview.com/post/?q=OGE5OWFjYWU1OWNhOTMxNzAxYzQ1ZDFlMTdhN2QyNzU=

Note the underlined, as Chess has been making the above point regarding Democrat agenda from post to post and thread to thread.

1. This is about the medical industy sapping off your assets when your time of need comes, and it will come, in time, it comes to everyone.
2. Its always been about that.
3. You and others here and in America may not know what its been all about, but I have know for quite some time.
4. Its also about injustuce, and how an illegal alien is more protected than say I am, or the 65 million other Americans in the same boat I'm in.
5. And also the other Americans who have insurance are not totally protected from the medical/insurance industry.
6. You still might have to shell out what ever you have saved up in a time of great need.
7. Funny how the medical industy knew just how much extra to bill you???:laugh2:
8. *All you had saved* over a life time.
9. And your so dumb, all you can think of is, "I'm sure glad I had that money sitting around so I didn't have to borrow it and go into debt, man was I lucky!"
10. If it wasn't a crime against humanity, and a total injustice, on top of a shame.
11. It would be funny.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas