PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Press Conference-Day B4 The Infomercial

Kathianne
06-23-2009, 02:01 PM
So who caught this? Your take?

Mine:

He really was rattled that the press actually questioned his 'new take' on Iran's mullahs. First he tried to say as always, 'he's been consistent.' That gave way to his getting 'hot' and leaving the reporter hanging. Others joined in and picked up. Obama doesn't take 'being questioned' well, but I think he'd better get over that.

Same with Health Care, there were some not so tough questions asked, though not the 'we agree ones' he's grown accustomed to. Once again, he got hot when the press pressed a bit on 'what happens to the 'promise' if employers dump the insurance that people like? His response came down to, 'it will be what will be.' Not going to fly so well is my guess.

Stimulus package, which now has a negative take of 90-10? Well he's NOT for adding to it, 'waiting to see how it will work.' :laugh2:

So, did he do good? Think the informercial will 'sell'?

stephanie
06-23-2009, 02:07 PM
I only heard a few clips on the radio, but he always sounds like a robot to me..and uninterested...

I do know I am getting tired of seeing him on t.v..Has any other President done so much air time...I have to continually jump up and find the damn remote that fell in my couch so I can change the channel, and I'm getting a little old to be doing all that jumping around...:coffee:

Gaffer
06-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Didn't watch it not going to watch his egomercial either. He's starting to act like his idol huge-ego chavez. Nine hour rants on TV and shutting down any opposition press. Nothing but pre-approved questions.

stephanie
06-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Didn't watch it not going to watch his egomercial either. He's starting to act like his idol huge-ego chavez. Nine hour rants on TV and shutting down any opposition press. Nothing but pre-approved questions.

yep, I've been calling him the "Dear Leader".

Kathianne
06-23-2009, 02:57 PM
I can understand the frustration of many whom I agree with. Problem I find is how does one intelligently disagree, if you don't know what was said or get it through a prism like myself?

I've truly found the GW years disheartening, both because he failed to articulate his reasoning, moreso that the left acted as though there wasn't a rationale. There was, they ignored it. Now we live with the 'truths' as the media played out.

Gaffer
06-23-2009, 03:15 PM
He's spouting his propaganda. He has nothing to say that I'm not already aware of. He has damaged this country severely and he intends to do much more. He's doing nothing more than promoting himself with his ego-mercial. Anything he has to say there is purely for the ignorant and the stupid. I already know my enemy, what I need to know is what he isn't saying publicly. This is just hype designed for those that worship him.

Kathianne
06-23-2009, 03:29 PM
He's spouting his propaganda. He has nothing to say that I'm not already aware of. He has damaged this country severely and he intends to do much more. He's doing nothing more than promoting himself with his ego-mercial. Anything he has to say there is purely for the ignorant and the stupid. I already know my enemy, what I need to know is what he isn't saying publicly. This is just hype designed for those that worship him.

Well here is a harsh, if deserved take:

http://www.julescrittenden.com/2009/06/23/disgust-blogging-the-press-conference/

Well this is harsh. Undeserved? Lots of links...

http://www.julescrittenden.com/2009/06/23/disgust-blogging-the-press-conference/

Disgust-Blogging The Press Conference

The president of the United States just kicked off his press conference with a stalwart speech that almost made it sound like he stands with the people of Iran. For all the words of bravery and historical right, though, he stopped short of even saying he stands in awe of them. He’s been trying to avoid making that speech. He was forced into making it. (YouTube’s a bitch.) But he made it clear that, admirable though he may have implied the brave people of Iran are in their struggle, he doesn’t stand with them.

It isn’t his problem, he’s steering clear of it, and he wants the world to know that. And the Iranian people sorting their problems out on their own, without U.S. interference, would be fine, except that he most definitely means he won’t be doing a damned thing for them. Based on the president’s response to the first question, he apparently still thinks against 30 years and the last week’s worth of evidence that the terrorism-exporting regime now violently oppressing the Iranian people is one with which the United States can do business. And he is still planning on doing that. Good luck, Iranian people!

That’s when I stopped listening. Let me know if I missed something. I’m looking forward to all the news reports that will tell me how he took a strong tone with his strongest words yet, etc. I hope the people of Iran, if they manage to free themselves of their violent, oppressive religious extremist rule, will forgive him his timid naivety, or shortsighted obtuseness, whatever it is....

However, to fairly evaluate one does have to listen to what was said, any less and you're at the same place as 'Bush is evil...'

Gaffer
06-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Like the article says, he will be played up as making a great speech and standing tall and firm on his principles and all the other malarkey that the government press puts out these days. All watching him talk does for me is makes my blood boil. Due to my high blood pressure that's not a good thing. He's a proven liar and a do nothing.

Kathianne
06-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Like the article says, he will be played up as making a great speech and standing tall and firm on his principles and all the other malarkey that the government press puts out these days. All watching him talk does for me is makes my blood boil. Due to my high blood pressure that's not a good thing. He's a proven liar and a do nothing.

From all I've read, that's not how it's playing out.

Gaffer
06-23-2009, 06:44 PM
From all I've read, that's not how it's playing out.

Maybe so, some of the media seem to be thinking twice about their dark lord now. I do like that he's having snit fits about answering questions. Certain reporters are likely to have their credentials pulled soon if they keep it up. So far the press have shown me no credence where their reporting is concerned and I'm not going to watch their propaganda. The media put him there. I despise the media, I have for well over 20 years. The TV I own is only hooked up to a DVD player.

While it's better than the rest I don't have too much respect for FOX news either. I would much rather check out bloggers on the internet then trust anything the media says.