PDA

View Full Version : Will You Watch The Obama Infomercial Tonight?

red states rule
06-24-2009, 08:03 AM
I will not be watching it. I will be a work so I can help pay for it

red states rule
06-24-2009, 10:03 AM
Tonight will be a great time to participate in Earth Hour III. Turn off all your TVs and go drive your SUVs.

Since I will be at work, I am counting on the folks here at DP to watch and then tell me how Obama plans to put ME out of work.

stephanie
06-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Is that tonight?

That's how much I was planning on watching it..

No, I will not watch it..

chesswarsnow
06-24-2009, 11:20 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But yes I will plan to watch him.
2. Wether he will read something that tickles my ears, I will not know unless I tune in.
3. So in order to get a reading on the seriousness of his conviction on reforming health care, I will listen to what he reads.
4. Telepromter kid.:lol:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Jeff
06-24-2009, 03:17 PM
I think the Simpson might be more educational, lol, I know it will be more honest!!!

red states rule
06-24-2009, 10:27 PM
I had to work - so what happened?

Any new lies, or sob stories told?

How is he preparing to pay for this crap, or will he borrow the money from China and put it on the Obama Express card?

Mr. P
06-24-2009, 10:33 PM
I couldn't watch. The Government took my free PUBLICLY owned (LOL) TV signal away on June 12th. It wasn't even on the radio here.

red states rule
06-24-2009, 10:35 PM
I couldn't watch. The Government took my free PUBLICLY owned (LOL) TV signal away on June 12th. It wasn't even on the radio here.

Darn it Mr P. I thought at least you would be able to tell me how Obama would pay for this massive new government takeover

I was expecting to be told to mail the paycheck I was earning tonight to 1600Pennsylvania Ave

chesswarsnow
06-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. He's going to do what I said, stop blowing money with supplimental payments to the industry, and start a *Public Medicare* option for people who can't get insurance.
2. Keep what you have it you got it, or get this if you want this, America needs choices, he said.
3. The dude was *Brilliant*!
4. As much as I dislike most things that come from Liberals, I like what he had to say.
5. Its better than we presently have, hands down.
6. He also agrees with me, that far too many people go broke, when a major illness comes.
7. I think the Presidents been reading my stuff.
8. And no telepromter!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
06-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. He's going to do what I said, stop blowing money with supplimental payments to the industry, and start a *Public Medicare* option for people who can't get insurance.
2. Keep what you have it you got it, or get this if you want this, America needs choices, he said.
3. The dude was *Brilliant*!
4. As much as I dislike most things that come from Liberals, I like what he had to say.
5. Its better than we presently have, hands down.
6. He also agrees with me, that far too many people go broke, when a major illness comes.
7. I think the Presidents been reading my stuff.
8. And no telepromter!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So I guess you still believe his promsies like unemployment will not go above 8% if his stimulus bill is passed, no tax increases - none - if you earn less then $250,000/yr, no prok or earmarks in the stimuls and spending bills (he was only off by 9,000), or how all bilss voted in Congress will be available on the internet 48 hrs before the vote

There is nothing he can say to convince me that nationalized healthcare is the answer. It does work where it being tried - and it will never work period

Care will be rationed - there is no way around it. Seniors will be the ones who suffer the most - and some WILL die because of it

Mr. P
06-24-2009, 10:47 PM
Darn it Mr P. I thought at least you would be able to tell me how Obama would pay for this massive new government takeover

I was expecting to be told to mail the paycheck I was earning tonight to 1600Pennsylvania Ave

Count on that...

chesswarsnow
06-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But health care costs are the most unjust thing here in USA.
2. You get in trouble with the law, they drain you, no doubt.
3. If you did something to deserve it, well you brought that on yourself.
4. When you get very ill, you didn't do anything to deserve that.
5. You just happened to get very sick.
6. Why in the hell do you have to go broke now???
7. Its the very most injustice we have here in America.
8. Absoulutely!
9. Also *Nightline* has is on TV right now, breaking it down. (ABC)

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
06-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Count on that...

But on second thought Mr P I guess I should mail it to the Chinese Embassy, since they hold the nations mortgage - and the note Obama will sign to fianace Obamacare

red states rule
06-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But health care costs are the most unjust thing here in USA.
2. You get in trouble with the law, they drain you, no doubt.
3. If you did something to deserve it, well you brought that on yourself.
4. When you get very ill, you didn't do anything to deserve that.
5. You just happened to get very sick.
6. Why in the hell do you have to go broke now???
7. Its the very most injustice we have here in America.
8. Absoulutely!
9. Also *Nightline* has is on TV right now, breaking it down.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

BS James. What is the price tag you would put on my cancer treatments?

Would you deny a smoker treatments for lung cancer? A gay person for treatment of AIDS? Someone who is overweight a knee replacement?

You bet your ass under Obamavare it would happen

His advisors have said flat out the US spend to much money on R&D - the very things that have given us longer lives

Seems you are looking for "free" healthcare - and you are smart enough to nothing in life is free. SOMEONE has to pay for it

Mr. P
06-24-2009, 10:53 PM
But on second thought Mr P I guess I should mail it to the Chinese Embassy, since they hold the nations mortgage - and the note Obama will sign to fianace Obamacare

Good point but save the postage..let the Gov send it, they can do it "CHEAPER". :lol:

red states rule
06-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Good point but save the postage..let the Gov send it, they can do it "CHEAPER". :lol:

Yea, look how well the government runs the USPS :rolleyes:

Mr. P
06-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Yea, look how well the government runs the USPS :rolleyes:

Twas my tongue in cheek point.

chesswarsnow
06-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Sorry bout that,

BS James. What is the price tag you would put on my cancer treatments?

1. Problem is theres only one game in town, and the industy as it stands is too expensive.

Would you deny a smoker treatments for lung cancer? A gay person for treatment of AIDS? Someone who is overweight a knee replacement?

2. I wouldn't, no.

You bet your ass under Obamavare it would happen.

3. Doubt it.

His advisors have said flat out the US spend to much money on R&D - the very things that have given us longer lives

4. Lets get everyone covered, so people don't have to end up in the poor house to become healthy again. *Public Option* is how we do it.

Seems you are looking for "free" healthcare - and you are smart enough to nothing in life is free. SOMEONE has to pay for it

5. All govenment people get it, most old people get it, all poor people get it, all illegals get it.

6. Its time those who can't afford insurance, and those who has pre-exsisting health problems get covered with the, *Public Option*.

7. You do know if you have a pre-existing health problem, insurance companies won't sign you up right?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
06-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Twas my tongue in cheek point.

My Bad

and look how well the government runs a railroad - AMTRAK

and the current government run healthcare plans like Medicare, Medicade, and or course Social Security

Bottom line is, liberals want to control peoples lives to the greatest extent possible.

red states rule
06-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

5. All govenment people get it, most old people get it, all poor people get it, all illegals get it.

6. Its time those who can't afford insurance, and those who has pre-exsisting health problems get covered with the, *Public Option*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

James, did you even read what the Obamacare advisors said? If you did, you know what I posted is exactly what they said

Under Obamacare, my treatments would have to be approved - and it is very possible I would be dead before the government offical gave the OK

and you WANT ILLEGALS to be covered? You want US Taxpayer money used for that?

chesswarsnow
06-24-2009, 11:09 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. You would of gotten care, just like any other insurance, ask a veteran if he gets the care he needs.
2. This will happen wether you like it or not.
3. Illegals have no right to it, but seeing they get it, I deserve it too.
4. So do you, my friend.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
06-24-2009, 11:12 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. You would of gotten care, just like any other insurance, ask a veteran if he gets the care he needs.
2. This will happen wether you like it or not.
3. Illegals have no right to it, but seeing they get it, I deserve it too.
4. So do you, my friend.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So you are sure about that? Then why do people have to come the US from Canada and the UK for their cancer treatments?

Why do you or anyone else "deserve" it? Why the hell should someone else have to pay for your healthcare?

If that is the case, please write out a check to me for part of my cancer treatment expenses. I will PM you where to send it

Mr. P
06-24-2009, 11:18 PM
My Bad

and look how well the government runs a railroad - AMTRAK

and the current government run healthcare plans like Medicare, Medicade, and or course Social Security

Bottom line is, liberals want to control peoples lives to the greatest extent possible.

Yep.

Now I wouldn't have a problem with the Gov offering a plan PAID for by anyone who wanted it. I have a problem, like most folks, forcing cheezy or anyone else to pay for it.

This will be like Social Security. We are forced to pay but most folks don't know that there is NO OBLIGATION of the Government to pay it back when you retire. Take a young person that pays all their life and then needs care only to face rationing or told no, sorry, the money has run out.

It's a program doomed to fail.

red states rule
06-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Yep.

Now I wouldn't have a problem with the Gov offering a plan PAID for by anyone who wanted it. I have a problem, like most folks, forcing cheezy or anyone else to pay for it.

This will be like Social Security. We are forced to pay but most folks don't know that there is NO OBLIGATION of the Government to pay it back when you retire. Take a young person that pays all their life and then needs care only to face rationing or told no.

It's a program doomed to fail.

From what I have seen and read those wanting this insane program have the one or more of the following motives

1) They don't want to take responsibility for their own lives and would rather the government take care of their every need. They also believe someone else will pick up the tab

2) They don't want to "waste" their time helping other people themselves and would rather push off that responsibility on the government.

3) They refuse to accept the fact that the government is the most inefficient entity in the history of human existence

Mr. P
06-24-2009, 11:25 PM
From what I have seen and read those wanting this insane program have the one or more of the following motives

1) They don't want to take responsibility for their own lives and would rather the government take care of their every need. They also believe someone else will pick up the tab

2) They don't want to "waste" their time helping other people themselves and would rather push off that responsibility on the government.

3) They refuse to accept the fact that the government is the most inefficient entity in the history of human existence

I'd agree with all that.

red states rule
06-24-2009, 11:28 PM
I'd agree with all that.

and I forgot how to mention how well the Dems run the Congressional Cafeteria

snip

Year after year, decade upon decade, the U.S. Senate’s network of restaurants has lost staggering amounts of money — more than $18 million since 1993, according to one report, and an estimated $2 million this year alone, according to another.

The financial condition of the world’s most exclusive dining hall and its affiliated Capitol Hill restaurants, cafeterias and coffee shops has become so dire that, without a $250,000 subsidy from taxpayers, the Senate won’t make payroll next month.

The embarrassment of the Senate food service struggling like some neighborhood pizza joint has quietly sparked change previously unthinkable for Democrats. Last week, in a late-night voice vote, the Senate agreed to privatize the operation of its food service, a decision that would, for the first time, put it under the control of a contractor and all but guarantee lower wages and benefits for the outfit’s new hires.

The House is expected to agree — its food service operation has been in private hands since the 1980s — and President Bush’s signature on the bill would officially end a seven-month Democratic feud and more than four decades of taxpayer bailouts.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/08/AR2008060801765_pf.html

and these idiots, and their supporters, think they can run the nations healthcare system??????

Kathianne
06-25-2009, 06:17 AM
5. All govenment people get it, most old people get it, all poor people get it, all illegals get it. No, they don't 'get' what they are proposing. Read the f'ing think, they exempt themselves.

6. Its time those who can't afford insurance, and those who has pre-exsisting health problems get covered with the, *Public Option*. []]This isn't going to be 'free' and the insurance companies could just add those with preexisting conditions, for far less costs to everyone else, then the boondoggle that's being brought forward.

7. You do know if you have a pre-existing health problem, insurance companies won't sign you up right? Yes, we know. See above.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I guess you are one of those folks that don't like reading what's proposed, just hoping that it all works out fine?

red states rule
06-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Obama kepps saying his government run healthcare plan is going to be optional. Well, my question is, how do we opt out of paying for his master plan?

And will Doctors be able to refuse to accept Obamacare? This is a good question considering many Doctors now refuse to accept Medicare

red states rule
06-25-2009, 07:36 AM
Another example of how biased the liberal media has become. When Obama did speak he did not answer questions, gave general answers, and bumber sticker slogans

Much like he has been since he started running for the office

http://newsbusters.org/static/2009/06/graph%20copy3.png

chloe
06-25-2009, 07:37 AM
Tonight will be a great time to participate in Earth Hour III. Turn off all your TVs and go drive your SUVs.

Since I will be at work, I am counting on the folks here at DP to watch and then tell me how Obama plans to put ME out of work.

I watched some of it, but couldn't watch the whole thing. It just seemed so weird. There was this lady on there who told a story about her 105 mother who got a pacemaker when she was 100 and how the first doctor wouldn't do it because of her age, but then when the 2nd doctor met her and saw how wonderful her spirit was and looked at her med records he did the surgery and now she's 105. Then Obama said that he didnt think we should base things on spirit of a person. he said talking about medical care for the elderly, that maybe sometimes because of there age they should take a pill instead of surgery, to which the lady replied well my mother had been in the hopsital several times and the cost of that was more then the surgery. Then Obama switched over to the ladies side and in a nutshell his stance is whatever is cheapest care for the elderly but its between you and your doctor (and the government) He seemed like at the press conference its irrelevant what the people think because he is determined to push this through, and he made it seem like because the high insurance prices aren't going to go away that this is the Only solution. I have to admit insurance is very high and there are times I have not carried it on me and my children. But I don't think the government running it is the answer either.

red states rule
06-25-2009, 07:41 AM
I watched some of it, but couldn't watch the whole thing. It just seemed so weird. There was this lady on there who told a story about her 105 mother who got a pacemaker when she was 100 and how the first doctor wouldn't do it because of her age, but then when the 2nd doctor met her and saw how wonderful her spirit was and looked at her med records he did the surgery and now she's 105. Then Obama said that he didnt think we should base things on spirit of a person. he said talking about medical care for the elderly, that maybe sometimes because of there age they should take a pill instead of surgery, to which the lady replied well my mother had been in the hopsital several times and the cost of that was more then the surgery. Then Obama switched over to the ladies side and in a nutshell his stance is whatever is cheapest care for the elderly but its between you and your doctor (and the government) He seemed like at the press conference its irrelevant what the people think because he is determined to push this through, and he made it seem like because the high insurance prices aren't going to go away that this is the Only solution. I have to admit insurance is very high and there are times I have not carried it on me and my children. But I don't think the government running it is the answer either.

Bottom line is, under Obamacare you may have

1) Quality healthcare

2) Cheap healthcare

3) Efficient healthcare

*****You may only choose ONE option*****

Then back to ABC...

How ABC Stacked the Deck for Obama
By Warner Todd Huston (Bio | Archive)
June 25, 2009 - 04:10 ET

With the very first question of its prime time special, Questions for the President: Prescription for America, ABC set the tone that essentially confirmed for viewers that the president was right in his desire to radically remake America's healthcare system. As the infomercial began, "moderator" Charles Gibson asked a seminal question of the doctors and other participants that were about to hear the president speak: "How many of you agree with the president that we need to change our healthcare system?" Naturally they all raised their hands.

Imagine that? This handpicked crowd all agreed with ABC and Obama that "change" was paramount. Surprised? Hardly.

So, as the viewer is introduced to the infomercial, they start off with the unanimous affirmation that the president is right, radical changes have to be made. The premise is set and even the sharp questions to the president later in the show are blunted by the assumption that some major change is needed. And since the president is the only person allowed to offer any plan during this ABC special, the further assumption promulgated is that he is the one that must affect that change.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2009/06/25/how-abc-stacked-deck-obama

chesswarsnow
06-25-2009, 08:52 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. The price of anything medical is bottom line, *Unaffordable*.
2. This fact can not be maintained.
3. The industry itself streched out its customers wallets till they've collectively popped.
4. Sure some lucky ones in group programs get a decent deal.
5. But those numbers of people are shrinking with firings and lay offs, forced retirments.
6. And these people too have found themselves piss broke and on their backs if they become very ill.
7. Maybe they were 30 years with IBM or Coca Cola, or some car dealership, its anyones guess.
8. I'm fighting like hell for the average man, who never even had insurance on himself, his family, and yet worked hard doing his job just the same, while others were entitled, he never was entitled for anything.
9. While two illegals aliens, one male and one female, come here and have a baby, which is free, which entitles them to go into a section 8, receive food stamps, and get a SSI check.
10. That isn't a problem for anyone up in congress.
11. The average Joe like myself, isn't ranting about it downtown.
12. It just keeps a going, with no end in sight.
13. Why is it so many conservatives, can't have compassion with their neighbors?
14. Those people who all want the same things as Americans?
15. Children taught in good schoools, clean water to drink, food, help when we are sick, and not going to poor house when it happens, and some day it comes to us all.
16. And not being self made poor to try and afford some over priced insurance waiting for the day, that one day when I need it, that I have insurance in place to protect me from my self made poverty, because I paid insurance premiums I couldn't afford in the first place.
17. Its really not hard to see, that the health care system is rigged to keep you in the poor house, for one day, if you need some major help, and don't have insurance, your toast.
18. Welcome to the reality you have bought into, I say i sucks.
19. And is the most unjust thing I know of in America.
20. And these illegals are just more people that the system can back charge the Federal Gov. makes me sick just to think of whats taking place, while the medical industry propagates the illegal alein fiasco, they ruin American Families whole futures with unbareable medical bills.
21. It would be funny, if it didn't make me sick.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
06-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. The price of anything medical is bottom line, *Unaffordable*.
2. This fact can not be maintained.
3. The industry itself streched out its customers wallets till they've collectively popped.
4. Sure some lucky ones in group programs get a decent deal.
5. But those numbers of people are shrinking with firings and lay offs, forced retirments.
6. And these people too have found themselves piss broke and on their backs if they become very ill.
7. Maybe they were 30 years with IBM or Coca Cola, or some car dealership, its anyones guess.
8. I'm fighting like hell for the average man, who never even had insurance on himself, his family, and yet worked hard doing his job just the same, while others were entitled, he never was entitled for anything.
9. While two illegals aliens, one male and one female, come here and have a baby, which is free, which entitles them to go into a section 8, receive food stamps, and get a SSI check.
10. That isn't a problem for anyone up in congress.
11. The average Joe like myself, isn't ranting about it downtown.
12. It just keeps a going, with no end in sight.
13. Why is it so many conservatives, can't have compassion with their neighbors?
14. Those people who all want the same things as Americans?
15. Children taught in good schoools, clean water to drink, food, help when we are sick, and not going to poor house when it happens, and some day it comes to us all.
16. And not being self made poor to try and afford some over priced insurance waiting for the day, that one day when I need it, that I have insurance in place to protect me from my self made poverty, because I paid insurance premiums I couldn't afford in the first place.
17. Its really not hard to see, that the health care system is rigged to keep you in the poor house, for one day, if you need some major help, and don't have insurance, your toast.
18. Welcome to the reality you have bought into, I say i sucks.
19. And is the most unjust thing I know of in America.
20. And these illegals are just more people that the system can back charge the Federal Gov. makes me sick just to think of whats taking place, while the medical industry propgates the illegal alein fiasco, they ruin American Families whole futures with unbareable medical bills.
21. It would be funny, if it didn't make me sick.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So which is it James?

1) You think that socialism will somehow work better for America than it has for other countries

2) You don't think it's Socialism

3) You think the price tag is ok, because the greedy rich people will pay for it

4) You think government is cheaper and more efficient then the priovate sector

Seems to me you have your hand out like a toll collector

chesswarsnow
06-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. We already have social welfare/medicine, you just can't see it.
2. People now need a choice.
3. Having affordable insurance, or having nothing.
4. Having nothing, brings real poverty if you get real sick, and happen to own something.
5. Then theres no profit to own anything, why excell if having something makes you primed to lose it if you become very ill? And one day you will get sick.
6. Private sector has gone amuck in the health care industry, can't be sustained any longer.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
06-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. We already have social welfare, you just can't see it.
2. People need a choice.
3. Having affordable insurance, or having nothing.
4. Having nothing, brings real poverty if you get real sick, and happen to own something.
5. Then theres no profit to own anything, why excell if having something makes you primed to lose it if you become very ill? And one day you will get sick.
6. Private sector has gone amuck in the health care industry, can't be sustained any longer.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Why do you think government can deliver and better quality and low cost product than the private sector?

Who in their right mind, given the history of government intervention in health care, believes that either government expenditures will go down or quality will improve?

You will not make life better for people. They're taxes will go up, their freedoms will go down - because of the laws/regulations that will be passed supporting this socialistic endeavor - and people will have to work even harder to make status quo.

You won't end up helping the little people and the small business owners - you'll hurt them and end up actually destroying many of them.

Socialism costs more than the private system because with socialism there is no competition, so the system ends up envariably being very innefficient, and then you have the infamous government beurocratic overhead costs All in all our money will be spent much more inefficiently than the free market alternative could provide.

Your problem is James you refuse to open your eyes and realize this so called health care plan does not help the poor to have excellent care, it only makes it so that ALL of us get crappy healthcare

Except Obama and all the elected Dems who will still get the very best care he will deny us even though we will still be paying for it

chesswarsnow
06-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I.m willing to see if this sort of change works.
2. I think it will.
3. We can just agree to disagree.:cheers2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
06-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I.m willing to see if this sort of change works.
2. I think it will.
3. We can just agree to disagree.:cheers2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Take a long hard look at how the change is doing so far

Record deficits, unemployment rising, doubling the national debt, government takeover of private companies, ect, ect, ect

Hope you are lovin' that hope and change James

Send the bill to your great great grandchildren

Monkeybone
06-25-2009, 09:54 AM
didn't watch it, but how i see it is, that if i am not using it then I shouldn't have to pay for it. Then i am fine with it. I just don't see why i should have to pay for my own insurance plus someone elses. and how will this really lower medical care cost? it probably won't, just increase our taxes to cover it. what would really help to lower medical cost would be if the Gov would actually pay us more than 20 cents for every dollar. and then then privates couldn't low ball us because of how little the Gov pays.

red states rule
06-25-2009, 09:56 AM
didn't watch it, but how i see it is, that if i am not using it then I shouldn't have to pay for it. Then i am fine with it. I just don't see why i should have to pay for my own insurance plus someone elses. and how will this really lower medical care cost? it probably won't, just increase our taxes to cover it. what would really help to lower medical cost would be if the Gov would actually pay us more than 20 cents for every dollar. and then then privates couldn't low ball us because of how little the Gov pays.

You may be fined if you don't take Obamacare

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=372418#post372418

Kathianne
06-25-2009, 10:02 AM
Well Obama may be right in his belief of the stupid people. So many, Chess? Want what they want, they hear what they want. They assume they are on the way to 'better system,' like what Congress enjoys. Ha, ha! Obama managed to fall into the 'trap:'

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/06/25/obamas-michael-dukakis-moment/

Obama’s Michael Dukakis moment
POSTED AT 9:28 AM ON JUNE 25, 2009 BY ED MORRISSEY

Barack Obama got ABC to move their news division into the White House in order to make the big pitch for his egalitarian, everyone-gets-treated-equally ObamaCare push. Instead, Obama fumbled into a Michael Dukakis moment that exposed him as a hypocrite. ABC itself leads with Obama’s response that he wouldn’t stay within his own plan for his family:

President Obama struggled to explain today whether his health care reform proposals would force normal Americans to make sacrifices that wealthier, more powerful people — like the president himself — wouldn’t face.

The probing questions came from two skeptical neurologists during ABC News’ special on health care reform, “Questions for the President: Prescription for America,” anchored from the White House by Diane Sawyer and Charles Gibson.

Dr. Orrin Devinsky, a neurologist and researcher at the New York University Langone Medical Center, said that elites often propose health care solutions that limit options for the general public, secure in the knowledge that if they or their loves ones get sick, they will be able to afford the best care available, even if it’s not provided by insurance.

Devinsky asked the president pointedly if he would be willing to promise that he wouldn’t seek such extraordinary help for his wife or daughters if they became sick and the public plan he’s proposing limited the tests or treatment they can get.

The president refused to make such a pledge, though he allowed that if “it’s my family member, if it’s my wife, if it’s my children, if it’s my grandmother, I always want them to get the very best care.["]

Oopsie! So ObamaCare for thee, but not for me? Hope and change, baby!

In 1988, Michael Dukakis blew a question about the death penalty when asked about whether he’d want it if his wife Kitty had been raped and murdered. Dukakis said no, but addressed it clinical legalese rather than absorbing the opportunity to address the emotional impact of violent crime, and his candidacy cratered. In this case, Obama did a reverse Dukakis. He went with the emotional argument, and effectively rebutted his own proposal and its egalitarian purpose. It’s a moment of sheer hypocrisy, caught in the modern amber of video.

If ObamaCare isn’t good enough for Sasha, Malia, or Michelle, then it’s not good enough for America. Instead of fighting that impulse, Obama should be working to boost the private sector to encourage more care providers, less red tape and expense, and better care for everyone.

Update: RCP has the video of the exchange.

Links at site.

Monkeybone
06-25-2009, 10:07 AM
You may be fined if you don't take Obamacare

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?p=372418#post372418

and that is where it becomes wrong. just becasue i am a "gold mine", i shouldn't be forced into it.

also, i Love how the poli's don't have ot be a part of it.

chesswarsnow
06-25-2009, 10:14 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Not everyone has free health care provided by the local govenment, and or school districts.
2. Where its totally free!
3. Those people have socilized medicine at my expense, I pay taxes on properties that go the the local govenment, and school systems, and hospitals.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

PostmodernProphet
06-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Bottom line is, under Obamacare you may have

1) Quality healthcare

2) Cheap healthcare

3) Efficient healthcare

*****You may only choose ONE option*****

Used to have a sign in my office:

I can do it cheap.
I can do it fast.
I can do it good.

But you may only choose two.
Cheap and fast work is not good.
Good and cheap work is not fast.
Fast and good work is not cheap.

Please let me know your choices now.

PostmodernProphet
06-25-2009, 10:25 AM
we are presently paying a portion of health care for uninsured people already, in the form of higher bills at hospitals to cover lost revenues......how can we tap into that extra charge in order to make sure the hospitals aren't overcharging us.....I see so much money going into state of the art buildings at the present time.....

chesswarsnow
06-25-2009, 10:41 AM
Sorry bout that,

we are presently paying a portion of health care for uninsured people already, in the form of higher bills at hospitals to cover lost revenues......how can we tap into that extra charge in order to make sure the hospitals aren't overcharging us.....I see so much money going into state of the art buildings at the present time.....

1. No your not, your paying all they can get you to pay.
2. The federal govenments supplimenting their losses.
3. For the poor uninsured, illegals.
4. You have been suckered to think your high ass insurance premiums, is doing some poor person or illegal a service.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
06-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Well Obama may be right in his belief of the stupid people. So many, Chess? Want what they want, they hear what they want. They assume they are on the way to 'better system,' like what Congress enjoys. Ha, ha! Obama managed to fall into the 'trap:'

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/06/25/obamas-michael-dukakis-moment/

Links at site.

I'm guessing that by now, a whole legion of Chicago-based investigators are reviewing every little detail of Dr. Orrin Devinsky's life, medical practice, and background getting ready for the smear job. They are probably trying to hack into his email account as we speak.

Why, how dare that presumptous puppy ask such a question of the Anointed One? Guards! GUARDS! SEIZE HIM!

red states rule
06-26-2009, 09:25 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. No your not, your paying all they can get you to pay.
2. The federal govenments supplimenting their losses.
3. For the poor uninsured, illegals.
4. You have been suckered to think your high ass insurance premiums, is doing some poor person or illegal a service.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/obamacare9-299x420.jpg