PDA

View Full Version : *Obama On Tonight:Healthcare*

chesswarsnow
06-24-2009, 09:31 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But Pres. Obama is talking as I type.
2. Watching him closely.
3. So far hes doing pretty good.
4. I happen to agree with what he is saying.
5. And all hell hasn't frozen over yet, at least I don't think so.:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
06-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But this sounds better than what we got.
2. Obama understands, just how screwed up the medical industry is.
3. I give him credit on this, hes on top of it.
4. I have to agree with him, what we presently have stinks of injustice!
5. Lets fix this crap, and find freedom!:salute:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
06-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But this sounds better than what we got.
2. Obama understands, just how screwed up the medical industry is.
3. I give him credit on this, hes on top of it.
4. I have to agree with him, what we presently have stinks of injustice!
5. Lets fix this crap, and find freedom!:salute:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

5. Do yer part. Buy someone insurance you'll "feel" better.

chesswarsnow
06-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Sorry bout that,

5. Do yer part. Buy someone insurance you'll "feel" better.

1. Why don't I just send it as a donation to the local hospital?
2. Send some to the local doctors donut fund.
3. And while I'm at it, send a huge check to the drug companies, seeing how drugs are so expensive too.
4. And then round it off buy sending a donation to the insurance companies.

:laugh2::salute::laugh2::salute::laugh2::salute:

5. Just doing my part!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Insein
06-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Why don't I just send it as a donation to the local hospital?
2. Send some to the local doctors donut fund.
3. And while I'm at it, send a huge check to the drug companies, seeing how drugs are so expensive too.
4. And then round it off buy sending a donation to the insurance companies.

:laugh2::salute::laugh2::salute::laugh2::salute:

5. Just doing my part!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So instead, you'll send a bigger check to the government who will use it on similar things and then other things you never even thought about or wanted. I see.

Binky
06-25-2009, 04:00 PM
I suspect that if this goes thru the government will find ways to fuck it up. Stands to reason, doesn't it? Its job is fucking things up so why not this?

My medical care is covered by my hubbies job. He actually works for it. It's called a job. Others could have medical care as well if they would get up off their lazy asses and get a job that has medical. It ain't brain surgery here. My hubby and I have worked for it. We've earned it. So why should millions of others be any different? Get a damn job and then get your own insurance.

Mr. P
06-25-2009, 04:31 PM
I suspect that if this goes thru the government will find ways to fuck it up. Stands to reason, doesn't it? Its job is fucking things up so why not this?

My medical care is covered by my hubbies job. He actually works for it. It's called a job. Others could have medical care as well if they would get up off their lazy asses and get a job that has medical. It ain't brain surgery here. My hubby and I have worked for it. We've earned it. So why should millions of others be any different? Get a damn job and then get your own insurance.

Ya know generally I agree with what you said, BUT..most employers don't offer insurance these days. Sure you can buy yer own..checked on that lately? Few can afford the premiums..check it out.

Something does need to be done but a Government program ain't it. And it's not just a matter of getting a job.

Jeff
06-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Sounded as good as I figured it would, LOL

Guess the older people better start worrying, if they get a bad sickness his plan is to give them pain meds till they die, wow couldn't think of a better way:eek:

I work, my Boss has health ins. my wife works, she gets health ins. as a matter of fact I can't think of one friend that there employer doesn't offer health ins. sure it is costly, but hell Obama's plan isn't going to be?

Yes I do have friends that have to buy there own, they own there own companies and can afford it.

Is it the best way, I doubt it, but is Obama's way better, HELL NO!!!

chesswarsnow
06-25-2009, 08:27 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I got a job.
2. In fact I have had a job ever since I was 15 years of age.
3. Im 51 now, and still I have a job.
4. Insurance costs some 800 a month at least.
5. Thats for crap insurance, 10k dedutable, depending on whats wrong with you, if its covered.
6. Really good insurance if you can get it costs 1,500 a month.
7. And you can only get the good stuff, if, you have no pre-existing illnesses.
8. Yeah thats a great deal eh?
9. How would anyone here like to pay that?
10 Could you if you had to?
11. Doubt it.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Kathianne
06-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I got a job.
5. Thats for crap insurance, 10k dedutable, depending on whats wrong with you, if its covered.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I'm sorry. But trying to save you from yourself.

Your +50, somehow you are still screwed? Working without insurance? Self-employed by failing? Guess so.

Well, there comes a time to say, 'well that dream didn't work out, but I learned alot, so going for this employer...'

Guess not. Why? Dreamer or Loser? You fail and want to take everyone down with you.

No thanks.

PostmodernProphet
06-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Sorry bout that,

actually, I have BC/BS family plan with a $5k deductible at $495 a month.....I could go with a smaller deductible, but it's pretty much a dollar/dollar trade off, so in the years we DON'T spend $5k I get to pocket the additional premiums......since you weren't aware of that I presume you have a job where your insurance is paid for you......

Jeff
06-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I got a job.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Hey man sounds like you have a raw deal, I am 46 and have worked since I was 13, by the age of 18 I had health ins. Our family plan cost $385 a month, yes we have a 20 buck co pay and drugs are more than what I would like on the plan, but it is still allot cheaper than what Obama is talking about, as for pre existing conditions I have had a heart attack a couple of surgeries and still pay this, As for could I pay it or would I want to , hell no that's why I took the job where I am at :thumb:

PostmodernProphet
06-25-2009, 09:59 PM
My hubby and I have worked for it. We've earned it. So why should millions of others be any different? Get a damn job and then get your own insurance.

and while we're at it....since you earned your insurance, why shouldn't you pay taxes on it like the rest of us have had to?

Jeff
06-25-2009, 10:03 PM

Damn didn't read all of this post until I saw PMP 's post, Binky I couldn't agree moe with ya!!!!:beer:

Kathianne
06-25-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey man sounds like you have a raw deal, I am 46 and have worked since I was 13, by the age of 18 I had health ins. Our family plan cost $385 a month, yes we have a 20 buck co pay and drugs are more than what I would like on the plan, but it is still allot cheaper than what Obama is talking about, as for pre existing conditions I have had a heart attack a couple of surgeries and still pay this, As for could I pay it or would I want to , hell no that's why I took the job where I am at :thumb:

Not so much. He is either a bitcher or hoping, lol to be a crusader for less fortunate. In either case, he's a loser.

actually, I have BC/BS family plan with a $5k deductible at $495 a month.....I could go with a smaller deductible, but it's pretty much a dollar/dollar trade off, so in the years we DON'T spend $5k I get to pocket the additional premiums......since you weren't aware of that I presume you have a job where your insurance is paid for you......

chesswarsnow
06-25-2009, 10:42 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Losers end up with nothing to pass on as an inheritance.
2. I have a plan to win, and I will win if I try hard enough.
3. In my opinion, a loser takes the easy way out, anyone can go work for insurance from a company that provides free insurance.
4. All anyone has to do, is when asking for a job, at some dead end crap hell hole of a job, is ask, "Do you have Insurance?"
5. If they say no, you just keep looking like a mind numb robot, willing to work and do anything for free insurance.
6. Settleing for any job that will cover you when the time arrises.
7. Which we all know will come some day.
8. Thats a sale out loser mentality, whoring for a free thing from a company you have no real desire to work at.
9. I refuse to sale my soul to the comapany man, for free insurance.
10. This is what America has to offer, group insurance at a manageable cost, to the employer.
11. Or to expensive costs for the self employed.
12. These are the facts as they lay bare faced to the world.
13. Not meant to scold anyone, but I do resent being called a loser.
14. I will win, and if there is any justice in America, the *Public Option* will take place.
15. Its a crime to be bankrupted by the medical industry, those who have felt the final costs, of being run over by it, have lost more than I ever will.
16. I will some how protect my wealth, and pass down an inheritance to my children.
17. I got a plan.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
06-25-2009, 10:55 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I know people here are somewhat pitted in there views on this issue.:poke:
2. I am as well.:cool:
3. Lets try not to make this a rantfest.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Jeff
06-25-2009, 11:20 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Losers end up with nothing to pass on as an inheritance.
2. I have a plan to win, and I will win if I try hard enough.
3. In my opinion, a loser takes the easy way out, anyone can go work for insurance from a company that provides free insurance.
4. All anyone has to do, is when asking for a job, at some dead end crap hell hole of a job, is ask, "Do you have Insurance?"
5. If they say no, you just keep looking like a mind numb robot, willing to work and do anything for free insurance.
6. Settleing for any job that will cover you when the time arrises.
7. Which we all know will come some day.
8. Thats a sale out loser mentality, whoring for a free thing from a company you have no real desire to work at.
10. This is what America has to offer, group insurance at a manageable cost, to the employer.
12. These are the facts as they lay bare faced to the world.
13. Not meant to scold anyone, but I do resent being called a loser.
14. I will win, and if there is any justice in America, the *Public Option* will take place.
15. Its a crime to be bankrupted by the medical industry, those who have felt the final costs, of being run over by it, have lost more than I ever will.
16. I will some how protect my wealth, and pass down an inheritance to my children.
17. I got a plan.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry about that

oo that is the lack of your reading

I never said I have free ins. a loser, a loser is someone looking for the gov. to bail them out, I was smart enough to find a company in my field that pays well and has good benefits, As for leaving something behind, do you really think there is going to be anything left by the time Obama is done, my kids your kids our grand kids will be paying

I work hard everyday to pay for what I have and one of the perks is good benefits, if you think that is selling out, well then I guess there is no need to talk

And any body that didn't ask about benefits during a interview is not a loser they are a complete moron, lol

Enough said here, I will go work to earn my living, you keep counting on Obama to make yours :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
06-26-2009, 06:04 AM

sounds to me like you are, however, prepared to sell your soul to the government in exchange for insurance......by the way, there is no promise that the "group insurance" the government is offering will be at a "manageable" cost......

chesswarsnow
06-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh and Jeff I wasn't talking to you personally.
2. I was using general terms.
3. If you felt I was singleing you out, you are mistaken.
4. If you have a great job, and you are happy doing it, while at the same time your company affords you free insurance, count yourself lucky, if you have to pay for it yourself, not so lucky.
5. Most people go through life working in some job they are afraid to leave in order to maintain health insurance., not unlike working in Russia, with a asigned job, you hate.
6. Thats sad indeed.
7. Doing that makes you a loser if anyone is.
8. *Work For Insurance* If this strikes a cord in your life, I am sorry bout that.
9. In my opinion thats NOT~, *The Pursuit of Happiness*, but, *The Pursuit of Insurance*.
10. There are millions of people doing just this.
11. And if America had an affordable insurance, people would be set free from the bondage of the whole medicail industry.
12. We have the best medical industry on the planet, but its like building the largest barn on the planet, the size of a large city, and putting no animals in it.
13. Only way to get in is whore yourself to it.
14. Otherwise you stay poor buying your way into it.
15. That would be funny if it wasn't such a waste, and crime against humanity.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Jeff
06-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh and Jeff I wasn't talking to you personally.
2. I was using general terms.
3. If you felt I was singleing you out, you are mistaken.
4. If you have a great job, and you are happy doing it, while at the same time your company affords you free insurance, count yourself lucky, if you have to pay for it yourself, not so lucky.
5. Most people go through life working in some job they are afraid to leave in order to maintain health insurance., not unlike working in Russia, with a asigned job, you hate.
6. Thats sad indeed.
7. Doing that makes you a loser if anyone is.
8. *Work For Insurance* If this strikes a cord in your life, I am sorry bout that.
9. In my opinion thats NOT~, *The Pursuit of Happiness*, but, *The Pursuit of Insurance*.
10. There are millions of people doing just this.
11. And if America had an affordable insurance, people would be set free from the bondage of the whole medicail industry.
12. We have the best medical industry on the planet, but its like building the largest barn on the planet, the size of a large city, and putting no animals in it.
13. Only way to get in is whore yourself to it.
14. Otherwise you stay poor buying your way into it.
15. That would be funny if it wasn't such a waste, and crime against humanity.:laugh2:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

OK man, sorry about the post, I thought ya were referring to me, as for loving my job, lol not so much, but I don't stay here for ins. it is what I have done for years and luckily the company I work for does have decent ins.(not great) lol So I keep going to work to provide for my family and hopefully be able to leave my kids a little something!

Binky
06-26-2009, 10:49 PM
Ya know generally I agree with what you said, BUT..most employers don't offer insurance these days. Sure you can buy yer own..checked on that lately? Few can afford the premiums..check it out.

Something does need to be done but a Government program ain't it. And it's not just a matter of getting a job.

Finding a job where one can have the premiums taken out weekly or bi-weekly from their paycheck are all over the place. Yes, it's costly. Everything is. Hell, it's costly to wipe your ass. To blow your nose. To pay the rent. To own a car. And so on and on it goes. An employee at McD's or Burger king can get insurance for crying out loud. I'm paying enough thru my taxes for this, that and other things the gov't happens to feel necessary. Why should I have to pay for someone else's insurance?

Maybe the gov't should start taxing the rich even more, so they can foot the bill rather than those of us who are not as flush with the funds as they. Let's try that one on for size and see how it flies. Talk about stepping onto land mine with that one. It wouldn't even make it off the ground.

chesswarsnow
06-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Everyone agrees with me.
2. If we Americans can go to the moon, we should be able to have another option for health care.
3. Its time folks, lets fix this crap once and for all.
4. If another person goes broke because of being sick, its just and black eye for ALL, Americans.
5. While many have protections, even illegal aliens, who in their right mind would find it comforting to know another real American lost everything, do to some illness.
6. You can not win this, I am 100% right on this, give it up, and agree.:beer::

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

chesswarsnow
06-26-2009, 11:04 PM
Sorry bout that,

Finding a job where one can have the premiums taken out weekly or bi-weekly from their paycheck are all over the place. Yes, it's costly. Everything is. Hell, it's costly to wipe your ass. To blow your nose. To pay the rent. To own a car. And so on and on it goes. An employee at McD's or Burger king can get insurance for crying out loud. I'm paying enough thru my taxes for this, that and other things the gov't happens to feel necessary. Why should I have to pay for someone else's insurance?

Maybe the gov't should start taxing the rich even more, so they can foot the bill rather than those of us who are not as flush with the funds as they. Let's try that one on for size and see how it flies. Talk about stepping onto land mine with that one. It wouldn't even make it off the ground.

1. Oh goosh, where have you been?
2. Yeah lets everyone who doen't have insurance go to Burger King, for a 8 dollars and hour job, have money taken out of that for insurance, and try to provide for a family of lets say, 4 people.
3. Does anybody here think it can be done?
4. If you think its even remotely possible, there are some real low iq's here, even more than I ever thought could be seeing they are able to use the internet too, which takes at least an iq of 100.
5. Being an insurance whore is in itself a shameful act, if you ask me.
6. Thanks Binky but no thanks dear.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
06-26-2009, 11:51 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh goosh, where have you been?
2. Yeah lets everyone who doen't have insurance go to Burger King, for a 8 dollars and hour job, have money taken out of that for insurance, and try to provide for a family of lets say, 4 people.
3. Does anybody here think it can be done?
4. If you think its even remotely possible, there are some real low iq's here, even more than I ever thought could be seeing they are able to use the internet too, which takes at least an iq of 100.
5. Being an insurance whore is in itself a shameful act, if you ask me.
6. Thanks Binky but no thanks dear.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

What he said.

And..
.Finding a job where one can have the premiums taken out weekly or bi-weekly from their paycheck are all over the place.

It ain't like that in the South East USA..sorry, never has been.

creativeage
06-27-2009, 09:26 AM

I, too, have great BC/BS insurance under $500 for my whole family, including dental. The only issue - application process was grueling, gosh forbid anything was wrong with us. I only wish that ins. co's would be not shut out those with health problems - especially if it's not connected to how they take care of themselves. For example, I unfortunately still smoke cigarettes: but am willing to pay the extra premium because of my stupidity of currently harming myself - what about those who have hi-cholesterol or are obese to due to their stupid choice of over-eating/choosing unhealthy food?

I think we should just regulate - NOT completely control.

creativeage
06-27-2009, 09:43 AM

Man, I totally hear you on this. However, I did wake up a couple of years ago when my husband was a teacher, we received excellent benefits through the school district - only problem was: they removed nearly $850/month from his paycheck! We later found out we were actually "over-insured." We couldn't get by on the small teacher salary and just me running our home-office, so he quit to make more money in our design business: we went on the cobra plan temporarily to keep our "credible coverage" status - and freed ourselves to get the individual plan that we control. We discovered we are getting the excellent benefits the suit our needs for half the cost now. The problem is how insurance co's strike deals with big outfits like school districts - and that is not regulated. There is a facade to folks that they have to have a "real" job to get "real" insurance. That isn't the case.

The only catch is - don't let the credible coverage lapse - then you do have to go through the rigorous re-entry process. That was my mistake, luckily we passed. The only thing in my opinion that needs to be done is to call the insurance companies on the carpet to do what they profess to do. Regulation through passing consumer-friendly laws, not complete gov't control.

Mr. P
06-27-2009, 12:15 PM
I, too, have great BC/BS insurance under $500 for my whole family, including dental. The only issue - application process was grueling, gosh forbid anything was wrong with us. I only wish that ins. co's would be not shut out those with health problems - especially if it's not connected to how they take care of themselves. For example, I unfortunately still smoke cigarettes: but am willing to pay the extra premium because of my stupidity of currently harming myself - what about those who have hi-cholesterol or are obese to due to their stupid choice of over-eating/choosing unhealthy food?

I think we should just regulate - NOT completely control.

I think that's the best answer.

chesswarsnow
06-27-2009, 08:56 PM
orry bout that,

1. Its get worse folks.
2. You can have what you thought was excellent insurance, and be required to sign a form from your doctors, that you agree to pay for whatever the so called excellent insurance you get at your government job, or big biusiness job, doesn't pay.
3. Yeah thats right you can end up not only paying one helluva deductable.
4. But a whole lot more, thousands more.
5. So you thought that your small easy to manage 1k deductable, would be easy to bite off.
6. Then you signed that form, which now your looking at thousands of dollars being asked you.
7. It happens, you'd better be ready for it.
8. You will be lucky to hand something down to your children.
9. Now if thats no big deal to you, I guess alls well.
10. Insurance whores just look out for themselves, and your own comfort, hell after your gone, what the hell do you care what happens, right?
11. Your to busy feeding the worms.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

PostmodernProphet
06-27-2009, 09:31 PM
2. If we Americans can go to the moon, we should be able to have another option for health care.

true, but as I recall, going to the moon cost us a whole lot too......and forty years later, it isn't doing us much good, is it......

chesswarsnow
06-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Sorry bout that,

PAGE THREE: The beat goes on.

1, But me seeing the end of Americans not going to the poor house when they get involved with the medical/insurance industry is doing something, and worthy of America as a Nation or People, how ever you want to look at it.
2. Knowing that I myself wouldn't be finacially ruined with a major illness would lift a dark cloud off of my head.
3. Just knowing that I may actually have something to give my son and daughter after I'm gone, would be a comfort.
4. If I had the assurance that the medical industry wasn't standing by to pick my bones, that would be freedom indeed.
5. Freedom to pursue happiness and after I had found it, I didn't get it all sucked away from may family by the medical industry, when I got very ill.
6. And as it stands, most people find that to be true, extended care and illnesses wipe out many a fortunes, at the end of their lives.
7. Its Injustice, theres no other way to see it, you have to agree with me, its common sense, and surely you have that?:poke:
8. This is a convincing arguement for the Public Option.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas