PDA

View Full Version : Obama Health care NOT Optional

red states rule
06-25-2009, 09:42 AM
Seems Obama has done yet another flip flop. During an interview with ABC, he let the cat ouf of the bag

Once Opposed to 'Forcing' Americans to Get Health Insurance, President Obama Now Says His Thinking Has 'Evolved'
June 24, 2009 9:40 AM

snip

But during his interview with Diane Sawyer, President Obama said that while "mandates are an example of... something that I was resistant to during the campaign... this is an area where people have made some pretty compelling arguments to me that if we want to have a system that drives down costs for everybody, then we've got to have healthier people not opt out of the system. And I think that you have to be careful to make sure that there's a waiver. So that if we haven't made health care affordable yet, you're not punishing people, not only because they can't afford health care, but -- now giving 'em an additional fine."

The president said that "any program that we put in place, I think there will be some phase-in period. So that we can calibrate and adjust to make sure that there really is affordability there before we start trying to penalize people. But I think my thinking on the issue of mandates has evolved. And I think that that is typical of most people who study this problem deeper."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/06/once-opposed-to-forcing-americans-to-get-health-insurance-president-obama-now-says-his-thinking-has-.html

PostmodernProphet
06-25-2009, 10:34 AM
the solution to this is so simple....and it is used by nearly every state with respect to worker's compensation injuries.....

the majority of insurance company payouts involve the 5% worst cases.....you create a reinsurance fund that covers the worst 5% of cases and require every insurance company to contribute to the fund that covers the expenses of that 5% based upon the number of insureds they cover.....that way companies have nothing to gain by dropping their 5% worst case insureds.....

red states rule
06-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Did you know that a lot of those unisured make $50,000 or more? In other words they can afford it but, they are CHOOSING not to take it

As I pointed out, the "40 million" is a bogus number.

PostmodernProphet
06-26-2009, 06:09 AM
Did you know that a lot of those unisured make $50,000 or more? In other words they can afford it but, they are CHOOSING not to take it

As I pointed out, the "40 million" is a bogus number.

actually, red, if you drift back to my posts in late 2007 you will find one in which I linked the census data showing the information on illegal aliens, people just out of college and those who could afford insurance, but chose not to......

ah, here it is....

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=7413

red states rule
06-26-2009, 06:14 AM
actually, red, if you drift back to my posts in late 2007, early 2008 you will find one in which I linked the census data showing the information on illegal aliens, people just out of college and those who could afford insurance, but chose not to......

and likewise, I have posted several links (mostly in response to OCA) showing the same data, as well as the currrent drain illegals are putting on local, state, and Federal resources

Yet the liberal media and the left keep running with the same bogus numbers to tug on the heartstrings of gullible people