PDA

View Full Version : Started lifting weights......

Trinity
06-25-2009, 09:46 AM
So since I am going to be 29 again for the 10th time. And I am not really needing to lose weight, but I am needing to tone up muscles that I haven't used since I was a kid. You know, when you hit the certain age and start to get all soft, yeah well I have decided it's time to fight back.

Did I join a gym? No, I prefer the comforts of my home. I have free weights, and dumbbells, along with ankle weights. Courtesy of my ex husband who gave them to my 13 year old about 2 years ago.

I started yesterday using 15lb dumbbells, along with my 2.5lb ankle weights doing 10 reps each of these.....

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/dumbbellexercises.html

I also through in a few of my own for abs, waist, and legs.

Needless to say I woke up sore all over this morning, not a bad sore, a good sore. So what did I do? I hit the weights again, a repeat of yesterday. I am no longer sore and I feel great! :thumb:

Nukeman
06-25-2009, 01:15 PM
So since I am going to be 29 again for the 10th time. And I am not really needing to lose weight, but I am needing to tone up muscles that I haven't used since I was a kid. You know, when you hit the certain age and start to get all soft, yeah well I have decided it's time to fight back.

Did I join a gym? No, I prefer the comforts of my home. I have free weights, and dumbbells, along with ankle weights. Courtesy of my ex husband who gave them to my 13 year old about 2 years ago.

I started yesterday using 15lb dumbbells, along with my 2.5lb ankle weights doing 10 reps each of these.....

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/dumbbellexercises.html

I also through in a few of my own for abs, waist, and legs.

Needless to say I woke up sore all over this morning, not a bad sore, a good sore. So what did I do? I hit the weights again, a repeat of yesterday. I am no longer sore and I feel great! :thumb:When you get that soreness the BEST remedy is to do some light aerobic exercise. Jump rope is by far one of the best. it loosens all the muscles and also is a great aerobic activity...

glockmail
06-25-2009, 02:33 PM
You go gal. Wifie and I work out at the Y twice per week. We've distilled it down to an hour or less. Don't forget the running though. I've never been a distance runner but I'm doing fast miles to get the CV system in top shape.

Trinity
06-25-2009, 04:45 PM
You go gal. Wifie and I work out at the Y twice per week. We've distilled it down to an hour or less. Don't forget the running though. I've never been a distance runner but I'm doing fast miles to get the CV system in top shape.

I actually do run, through my house, it is large enough that I can. You should have seen me this morning, running in place, trying to close up all my windows to turn the AC on. I'm sure if any of the neighbors saw, they were wondering what the heck I was doing.:laugh2:

Trinity
06-25-2009, 04:46 PM
When you get that soreness the BEST remedy is to do some light aerobic exercise. Jump rope is by far one of the best. it loosens all the muscles and also is a great aerobic activity...

I actually do fake jump rope, since I don't own one. I pretend I am using one.

Trigg
06-25-2009, 05:21 PM
my b-day is July 16th........I think I'll sleep through the day and just ignore it.

I seem to be falling apart lately. Damn birthdays.

chloe
06-25-2009, 06:14 PM
my b-day is July 16th........I think I'll sleep through the day and just ignore it.

I seem to be falling apart lately. Damn birthdays.

we'll have to throw a big party@db on that day