PDA

View Full Version : sister from Finland visiting

Trigg
06-25-2009, 05:13 PM
My sister, her husband and their twins arrived yesterday,

they came over to swim today and I got a huge kick out the the kids (3) accent. It is very sing song, my niece told me they're "staying down the stairs", it sounded like la,de,da,de,da, so cute.

They're very white (pale), so we slathered them up in SPF 50. I keep that on hand anyway because my hubby is a redhead and two of our kids have the red head skin also.

My grandad (92) is arriving tonight and so are a couple of my aunts and uncles. We don't get to see the twins very often so this is a big deal. They'll be here for a month, it'll be a fun visit.

my sister is leaving the twins with my parents and traveling with her husband to Kentucky to see some of the country and possibly Mammoth Caves. We took the kids a few years ago and they loved it, it also helps that the temp. is in the 50's year around even when it's in the 90's outside.

:dance:

stephanie
06-25-2009, 06:23 PM
that's cool Trigg...have a great time together while they're here...party like there is no tomorrow...:laugh2:

chloe
06-25-2009, 10:14 PM
My sister, her husband and their twins arrived yesterday,

they came over to swim today and I got a huge kick out the the kids (3) accent. It is very sing song, my niece told me they're "staying down the stairs", it sounded like la,de,da,de,da, so cute.

They're very white (pale), so we slathered them up in SPF 50. I keep that on hand anyway because my hubby is a redhead and two of our kids have the red head skin also.

My grandad (92) is arriving tonight and so are a couple of my aunts and uncles. We don't get to see the twins very often so this is a big deal. They'll be here for a month, it'll be a fun visit.

my sister is leaving the twins with my parents and traveling with her husband to Kentucky to see some of the country and possibly Mammoth Caves. We took the kids a few years ago and they loved it, it also helps that the temp. is in the 50's year around even when it's in the 90's outside.

:dance:

Sounds like your going to have a lot of fun. Trigg are you originally from Finland?

Jeff
06-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Have a wonderful visit!!!!

Trigg
06-27-2009, 05:32 PM
Sounds like your going to have a lot of fun. Trigg are you originally from Finland?

No we're not from Finland.

My sister had a friend who was an exchange student. She went to visit her and ended up going to school there, meet her husband, got married, and had her twins.

She's lived there for almost 10 years now.

We're having a great visit.

My grandad, who's 92, is here along with two of my aunts and an uncle. It's great having all the kids together. We're going to take a pic of the 9 great-grandkids who are here, 6 of them are 6 years old and under. I think my grandad is getting them confused since they're all blond and about the same height.

Trigg
06-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Tomorrow they're coming out here to swim and have hambergers.

My sister and brother-in-law are going to leave the kids with my mom and head south to see the mountains.

I'm loaning them my GPS so they don't get lost, we're all a little concerned with them navagating the bigger cities, since they're not used to the traffic.

Kathianne
06-28-2009, 05:00 AM
Trigg, wasn't it your son that went and stayed there last summer? I hope I'm not confusing poster's children. :laugh2: I just remember thinking what a great trip for a kid!

Trigg
06-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Trigg, wasn't it your son that went and stayed there last summer? I hope I'm not confusing poster's children. :laugh2: I just remember thinking what a great trip for a kid!

yes, it was my oldest son who went last year for 2 weeks. I'm glad I sent him to since the twins recognize him and are having a great time playing with him.

I want to send my daughter in a few years.

Trigg
07-02-2009, 02:30 PM
Well my extended family left on Monday and my sister went south to see the caves.

They called and told us they enjoyed Mammoth Caves and were driving around off the interstate and having a great time.

Tomorrow we're taking 9 kids and ONLY 3 adults to the zoo. I told my oldest to keep a running head count going so we make sure we don't misplace any little ones. It'll be a long day of looking around going 123456789, 123456789, 123456789 to make sure we having everyone. I have a feeling our little group is going to move at a snails pace. :laugh2:

Everyone is coming over to my house on the 4th for fireworks, hambergers, and swimming for the kids.

After all of this I'm going to be familied out for a while. It's a good thing my vacation is coming up -----less than 60 days to go.

Kathianne
07-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Well my extended family left on Monday and my sister went south to see the caves.

They called and told us they enjoyed Mammoth Caves and were driving around off the interstate and having a great time.

Tomorrow we're taking 9 kids and ONLY 3 adults to the zoo. I told my oldest to keep a running head count going so we make sure we don't misplace any little ones. It'll be a long day of looking around going 123456789, 123456789, 123456789 to make sure we having everyone. I have a feeling our little group is going to move at a snails pace. :laugh2:

Everyone is coming over to my house on the 4th for fireworks, hambergers, and swimming for the kids.

After all of this I'm going to be familied out for a while. It's a good thing my vacation is coming up -----less than 60 days to go.

You are breaking a cardinal rule unless 3 of those kids are over 12. 3 adults=6 hands. 9 kids. You are 3 short. LOL! I recognized this AFTER I had 3 kids and only 2 hands, when they were all 4 and under. :laugh2:

Trigg
07-06-2009, 03:33 PM
You are breaking a cardinal rule unless 3 of those kids are over 12. 3 adults=6 hands. 9 kids. You are 3 short. LOL! I recognized this AFTER I had 3 kids and only 2 hands, when they were all 4 and under. :laugh2:

lol, my older two are over 13. But it was still like herding sheep, sheep who didn't follow each other and went in all different directions. What we really needed was a sheep dog to follow behind and keep them in line. I WAS EXHAUSTED.

We had everyone over for 4th of july, plus a couple of extra friends and their kids, sothere were 12 kids and 10 adults. Everything was find until we gave the little ones sparklers. We finally assigned an older person to each little one so no one got burned.

My sisters youngest (2) got locked in her van while she was running down her 5yr old. She had her 2 and 3 yr olds strapped in (she thought). The 3yr old got out and locked the door before slamming it behind him. So........at 11pm on July 4th were all out in the driveway trying to jimmy the door open.:laugh2: Luckily he didn't get the door all the way closed and we were able to use a hanger......took about 20 minutes.

This weekend we're going camping ALONE away from family......:dance:

Trigg
07-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Here is a pic of me, my sisters and all the kids together with their great granded. Of course a few of the kids weren't looking at the camera.

glockmail
07-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Here is a pic of me, my sisters and all the kids together with their great granded. Of course a few of the kids weren't looking at the camera. Gotta love Gramps with the cane a red suspenders- I can imagine one of the kids snapping them and he wielding the crook at them, reeling them in.

Kathianne
07-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Here is a pic of me, my sisters and all the kids together with their great granded. Of course a few of the kids weren't looking at the camera.

OMG! What a great looking bunch! Is that Gaffer, in the center?

Gaffer
07-06-2009, 04:45 PM
OMG! What a great looking bunch! Is that Gaffer, in the center?

Me thinks your confusing Trigg with Trinity.

Kathianne
07-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Me thinks your confusing Trigg with Trinity.

Won't be the first time, but TY!

Trigg
07-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Gotta love Gramps with the cane a red suspenders- I can imagine one of the kids snapping them and he wielding the crook at them, reeling them in.

He's 92, it's either that or overalls :laugh2:

glockmail
07-07-2009, 07:52 AM
He's 92, it's either that or overalls :laugh2: Mined lived until 94, worked every day of his life until he was 78, what a great guy he was.

Trigg
07-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Mined lived until 94, worked every day of his life until he was 78, what a great guy he was.

My grandad is doing great also. He lives in his own house and takes care of himself pretty well. He even married a younger woman last yr, she's only 84.

He's almost blind though so he was getting the little ones confused. He was complaining of being old, and I told him he had to stick around another 10 yrs so he could see his great grandson get married.

glockmail
07-07-2009, 06:15 PM
My grandad is doing great also. He lives in his own house and takes care of himself pretty well. He even married a younger woman last yr, she's only 84.

He's almost blind though so he was getting the little ones confused. He was complaining of being old, and I told him he had to stick around another 10 yrs so he could see his great grandson get married. Good for him with the young chick. My granddad thought he was dying every day after his 70th birthday.

chloe
07-07-2009, 08:26 PM
You are both so lucky, I never had a grandfather so I missed alot of great experiences Im sure.:cool:

Trigg
07-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Well, my sister heads home today.

We had a party yesterday for all the July birthdays, mine, my sisters, my youngest and her twins. There was ice-cream cake for everyone. My youngest neice practically took a bath in it, we just dunked her in the tub.

I'm sure she's eager to get home to her quiet life, she thinks it's noisy here with all the extra kids. She has no in-laws anymore and her hubby was a mid-life baby so his brother and sister are MUCH older, he only has 1 niece and she's almost the same age as my sister.