PDA

View Full Version : Obama flys in another Chef for Luau

red states rule
06-26-2009, 07:12 AM
Obama tells us the nation has a crisis with the economy, a crisis with the enviroment, and how we all ned to cut back and tighten our belts

Yet Obama continues to spend, spend, and spend

White House Luau: Congressional Picnic Hawaiian Style

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/gen/88840/thumbs/s-WHITE-HOUSE-LUAU-large.jpg

WASHINGTON - Straw huts, hula dancers and kids playing with hula hoops were all on display Thursday evening in the White House's backyard -- not the typical congressional picnic.

President Barack Obama wanted it this way for the annual picnic for members of Congress and their families.

"I just want to say to all the members of Congress, you've been working hard. I wish I could give you all trips to Hawaii," Obama said in his brief remarks. "But I figured since, given our budget crunch we can't do that, that we'd at least bring Hawaii to you."

The Obama White House turned its first congressional picnic into a Hawaiian luau, in celebration of the president's home state. Tents were set up on the South Lawn, tiki torches lined the perimeter, and potted palm trees were brought in. More than 2,000 guests, many wearing leis and sipping drinks, were scattered on the South Lawn under the blue sky.

All wearing leis, the president, first lady Michelle Obama, and their daughters 10-year-old Malia and 8-year-old Sasha along with Vice President Joe Biden walked from the White House to meet the crowd. Before Obama shouted an "aloha" to guests, he and Sasha could be seen boogying to the music.

On the menu were traditional luau foods like kalua pig and lomi lomi salmon prepared by famed Hawaii chef Alan Wong.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/25/white-house-luau-congress_n_221216.html

stephanie
06-26-2009, 07:35 AM
Nothing like moving on up...

While the peons struggle to find a job and are eating plain Mac and Cheese..can't afford the hot dogs to go along with it...

red states rule
06-26-2009, 07:39 AM
Nothing like moving on up...

While the peons struggle to find a job and are eating plain Mac and Cheese..can't afford the hot dogs to go along with it...

You can't blame the Dems for loving this party Steph. Look at all the pork being dished out - they can't help but attend

For the Obama's, tightening the belt means cutting back from $100/lb Kobe beef to $90/lb Kalua Pig.

Gaffer
06-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Kinda like Nero fiddling while Rome burns dontcha think.

The dark lord parties while the country disintegrates.

red states rule
06-26-2009, 07:42 AM
Kinda like Nero fiddling while Rome burns dontcha think.

The dark lord parties while the country disintegrates.

What recession? You have to remember, D.C. is skipping this recession, with only 5.4% unemployment, recessions are for the little people, not government employees.

Glad to see Lord Obama making such significant sacrifices alongside his fellow citizens. Perhaps this will help him renew his energy for the next round in his apology tour.

Jeff
06-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Damn he is really living high on the hog, and to think there are some that can't see this, I should tighten my belt but he should fly a guy in to make pizza, $100 steaks , $72000 date's, and now this, Some people are just f****** blind!!

red states rule
06-26-2009, 09:56 AM
Damn he is really living high on the hog, and to think there are some that can't see this, I should tighten my belt but he should fly a guy in to make pizza, $100 steaks , $72000 date's, and now this, Some people are just f****** blind!!

Headline:

Pres Obama: "We will BBQ a pig, and that will create or save 6 million jobs"

Then all of of Obama's supporters either faint or drool, and wonder at their tin god's wisdom.

Tt sounds nuts, but not any more nuts than other liberal promises of spending the nation into econmic prosperity, and how government can run private companies better then the private sector

red states rule
06-26-2009, 10:06 AM
[QUOTE=red states rule;372606]More important question - who gives a shit what Virgil is doing? He would simply play the race card, or sneer how I am hoping the country fails, or how I repeating Rush talking points

Anything BUT try to explain how this is fine when Obama is telling us to cut back, tighten our belts, or conserve[/QUOTE

OOOOOOOO with out a doubt, but it is funny as hell, kind of like a fairy tale told by dear old Mom when ya were a kid :laugh2:

snip

Along with Hawaii's finest homegrown produce and delicacies, the evening will feature Hawaii's largest entertainment company, Tihati Productions. The program will include 20 dancers and musicians from Hawaii showcasing the historical and cultural stories of the islands through traditional song and dance, known as hula.

Sounds like they are working up to a full planeload. Nothing is too good for Obama - as long as someone else is paying for it

Washington has outlawed the word "restraint."

Jeff
06-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Damn OZ was a great show, they killed the mafia boss that way, lol, I know most episodes by heart, LOL

Nope I am wrong they gave him the aids

red states rule
06-26-2009, 10:37 PM
This thread cries out for this quote:

Obama: 'We can't eat as much as we want... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK.'

Obama's "sophisticated" tastes have to be considered. The WH chefs probably
don't know one little thing about a luau menu. He seems to diss them on a frequent basis.

creativeage
06-27-2009, 09:51 AM
This thread cries out for this quote:

Obama: 'We can't eat as much as we want... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK.'

Obama's "sophisticated" tastes have to be considered. The WH chefs probably
don't know one little thing about a luau menu. He seems to diss them on a frequent basis.

Hey there:) Fun thread! Don't forget: "well, at least we had the chef use the fresh vegetables from the presidential garden." That probably save them $200 off the thousands? Oh, and I wonder how "healthy" the meal was.

red states rule
06-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Hey there:) Fun thread! Don't forget: "well, at least we had the chef use the fresh vegetables from the presidential garden." That probably save them $200 off the thousands? Oh, and I wonder how "healthy" the meal was.

This admin is beggining to look a lot like the court of Louis the XVI of France. I am waiting on the media to report Michelle Obama saying, when asked about the millions of Americans going hungry, " Let them eat cake! "

Or in this case "Let them eat poi"