PDA

View Full Version : Yes, she called us terrorist..

stephanie
06-27-2009, 12:30 PM
An interview with state Assembly Speaker Karen Bass.
June 27, 2009

Since California added term limits to the political rule book in 1990, the piece of furniture occupied by the speaker of the California Assembly has become both a musical chair and an ejector seat. We've had nine speakers in 14 years. Karen Bass is the latest, a Los Angeles Democrat and the first black woman in the job. She was elected to the Assembly in 2004. She became speaker a year ago, and she'll have to pack up and be gone next year. When I first met her, she was a physician's assistant and a community organizer, crusading for foster care and against the myriad liquor stores in South Los Angeles. Sure, today she sits next to the governor in the "big five" meetings -- but with the ticking clock of term limits and the most hellacious budget in decades, I think of the speaker's job now as much like the Woody Allen joke about two women chatting at a resort: "The food here is so awful." "Yes, and such small portions." Bass dishes it out, and takes it.

Snip::

How do you think conservative talk radio has affected the Legislature's work?

The Republicans were essentially threatened and terrorized against voting for revenue. Now [some] are facing recalls. They operate under a terrorist threat: "You vote for revenue and your career is over." I don't know why we allow that kind of terrorism to exist. I guess it's about free speech, but it's extremely unfair.

the whole op-ed here..
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-morrisonbass27-2009jun27,0,4807376.story?page=1

Gaffer
06-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah, how dare those low life people that voted for those politicians try to tell them what to vote for and threaten to vote them out.

Don't you start feeling like ALL politicians have this mentality. I think it's about time some of them got really terrorized and thrown out of their jobs.

I noticed she was a community organizer before being elected. Guess that has something to do with her holier than thou attitude.

stephanie
06-27-2009, 05:05 PM
notice how she calls new taxes, Revenue..

lookie there Obamabots your Progressive Democrats think if you contact your Representatives and tell them you will vote against them if they don't vote a certain way........ that makes you a terrorist..

and don't forget, your Progressive Democrats just passed a new word code, where they can't call a suicide bomber, a head cutter of people, a Terrorist..

but they can call you...The American citizen one...

Gaffer
06-27-2009, 05:09 PM
notice how she calls new taxes, Revenue..

lookie there Obamabots your Progressive Democrats think if you contact your Representatives and tell them you will vote against them if they don't vote a certain way........ that makes you a terrorist..

and don't forget, your Progressive Democrats just passed a new word code, where they can't call a suicide bomber, a head cutter of people, a Terrorist..

but they can call you...The American citizen one...

I'm already an enemy of the state, might as well be a terrorist too.