PDA

View Full Version : Axelrod: Obama Won't Rule Out Middle-Class Tax Hike

stephanie
06-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Well now.........say it ain't so..I'm shocked:eek:

June 28, 2009 11:58 AM

White House senior adviser David Axelrod said the president won't rule out a health care reform bill that includes a middle-class tax hike.

"The president had said in the past that he doesn't believe taxing health care benefits at any level is necessarily the best way to go here. He still believes that," Axelrod told me on This Week, "But there are a number of formulations and we'll wait and see. The important thing at this point is to keep the process moving, to keep people at the table, to the keep the discussions going. We've gotten a long way down the road and we want to finish that journey."

I pressed Axelrod on whether Obama will draw a line in the sand and veto any bill that funds health care reform with tax hikes for people making under $250,000 a year -- despite a pledge Barack Obama made during the 2008 presidential campaign not to raise taxes on the poor and middle-class.

"One of the problems we've had in this town is that people draw lines in the sand and they stop talking
to each other. And you don't get anything done. That's not the way the president approaches us. He is very cognizant of protecting people -- middle class people, hard-working people who are trying to get along in a very difficult economy. And he will continue to represent them in these talks," Axelrod said.

read it all and comments..
http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2009/06/axelrod-obama-wont-rule-out-tax-hike-.html

red states rule
06-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Well now.........say it ain't so..I'm shocked:eek:

June 28, 2009 11:58 AM

White House senior adviser David Axelrod said the president won't rule out a health care reform bill that includes a middle-class tax hike.

"The president had said in the past that he doesn't believe taxing health care benefits at any level is necessarily the best way to go here. He still believes that," Axelrod told me on This Week, "But there are a number of formulations and we'll wait and see. The important thing at this point is to keep the process moving, to keep people at the table, to the keep the discussions going. We've gotten a long way down the road and we want to finish that journey."

I pressed Axelrod on whether Obama will draw a line in the sand and veto any bill that funds health care reform with tax hikes for people making under $250,000 a year -- despite a pledge Barack Obama made during the 2008 presidential campaign not to raise taxes on the poor and middle-class.

"One of the problems we've had in this town is that people draw lines in the sand and they stop talking
to each other. And you don't get anything done. That's not the way the president approaches us. He is very cognizant of protecting people -- middle class people, hard-working people who are trying to get along in a very difficult economy. And he will continue to represent them in these talks," Axelrod said.

read it all and comments..
http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2009/06/axelrod-obama-wont-rule-out-tax-hike-.html

Are we to be surprised by this? The Obama supporters, those falling for the "hope and change" BS were are warned THEY woyld have to PAY for liberalism unchecked

My liberal coworker actually looked at me and said 'Obama may have to raise taxes'

I counterd with all the pork, all the fancy parties Obama is throwing for himself, all the BS in the spending bills - yet it goes in one ear and aout the other with him. He then falls back on what was spent years ago in the Republican Congress - and he never addresses what the Dems are spending

He and Virgil would get along great. A couple of loyal libs who only care about power and party

So what if Obama lied about giving 95% of workers a tax cut? Libs will bellow how they admire a man who breaks a promise in oder to save the world - as laonf as his has a "D" at the end on of his name he can do no wrong