PDA

View Full Version : Love Paying Taxes?

red states rule
06-29-2009, 06:40 AM
Pay close attention to how many different taxes people have to pay now. Of course, Dems want you to pay more - even though many people pay more then 50% of their income in taxes right now

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmoS4cZ1p7Y&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LmoS4cZ1p7Y&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

red states rule
06-29-2009, 09:01 AM
When Obama said citizens have to get some skin in the game, I was furious. The average citizen pays over 50% of what they earn in various taxes and fees. That's our skin in the game.

Meanwhile, Obama fights for the people who don't work, so they can have benefits paid for by those with "no skin in the game."

Insein
06-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Indeed. I'm suprised ABC let Stoussel do this.

red states rule
06-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Indeed. I'm suprised ABC let Stoussel do this.

Good point

Stoussel may find himself with less air time, and his stories being spiked by his boss

red states rule
06-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Who pays the majorioty of taxes? The same people who ems want to pay more

snip

The highest earners pay the lion's share of the dollars Uncle Sam collects.

The top fifth of households made 56% of pre-tax income in 2006 but paid 86% of all individual income tax revenue collected, according to the most recent data available from the Congressional Budget Office.

Narrowing in further: The top 1% of households, which made 19% of pre-tax income, paid 39% of all individual income taxes.

The trend is similar if you count income taxes, social insurance taxes, excise taxes and corporate income taxes (such as capital gains) combined. The top fifth of households paid 69% of all federal taxes. The top 1% paid 28%.

But researchers also note that the highest income taxpayers derive the most benefits from the tax cuts put in place since 2001.

Next year, as a result of all those tax cuts, filers making more than $1 million will enjoy a 7.7% average boost in their after-tax income relative to what they would have if the tax cuts weren't in place, according to the Tax Policy Center. Middle-income households, by comparison, will see an average boost of 2.6%.

Many pay no income tax or very little
A Tax Foundation survey found 56% of Americans think the amount of federal income tax they pay is too high. Those most likely to feel that way, according to the survey, include those making between $35,000 and $50,000.

But once the various tax breaks to which they're entitled are counted, the burdens of low- and middle-income tax filers as a group has been fairly low.

The Tax Policy Center estimates that for 2009, 43% of tax units (most of which are lower income households that may or may not file a return) will have no income tax liability or will have a negative income tax liability, meaning the government will actually pay them.

When measuring the tax burdens from income tax and payroll tax combined, the Tax Policy Center estimates nearly 12% of tax units will have zero or negative liability.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/04/15/pf/taxes/who_pays_most_least/index.htm

Yurt
06-29-2009, 01:46 PM
that is amazing, i'm sharing this video....nice thread RSR

Trigg
06-29-2009, 02:43 PM
I've always liked Stossel, he makes people think.

red states rule
06-29-2009, 11:20 PM
that is amazing, i'm sharing this video....nice thread RSR

Thanks Yurt. More people need to be upset by this. Taxes are what empowers the government that we allow/let control us.

Sooner or later people are going to get tired of this, and they'll simply stop paying taxes.

Then they would be eligible for a job in the West Wing