PDA

View Full Version : EPA suppressed report skeptical of global warming

red states rule
06-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Just as Dems pass their "global warming" bill - they spike a report that goes against their dire warnings

What a shocker

E-mails indicate EPA suppressed report skeptical of global warming

The Environmental Protection Agency may have suppressed an internal report that was skeptical of claims about global warming, including whether carbon dioxide must be strictly regulated by the federal government, according to a series of newly disclosed e-mail messages.

Less than two weeks before the agency formally submitted its pro-regulation recommendation to the White House, an EPA center director quashed a 98-page report that warned against making hasty "decisions based on a scientific hypothesis that does not appear to explain most of the available data."

The EPA official, Al McGartland, said in an e-mail message (PDF) to a staff researcher on March 17: "The administrator and the administration has decided to move forward...and your comments do not help the legal or policy case for this decision."

The e-mail correspondence raises questions about political interference in what was supposed to be an independent review process inside a federal agency--and echoes criticisms of the EPA under the Bush administration, which was accused of suppressing a pro-climate change document.

Alan Carlin, the primary author of the 98-page EPA report, said in a telephone interview on Friday that his boss, McGartland, was being pressured himself. "It was his view that he either lost his job or he got me working on something else," Carlin said. "That was obviously coming from higher levels."

E-mail messages released this week show that Carlin was ordered not to "have any direct communication" with anyone outside his small group at EPA on the topic of climate change, and was informed that his report would not be shared with the agency group working on the topic.

"I was told for probably the first time in I don't know how many years exactly what I was to work on," said Carlin, a 38-year veteran of the EPA. "And it was not to work on climate change." One e-mail orders him to update a grants database instead.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10274412-38.html

stephanie
06-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Our GOVERNMENT needs to go...

Time for action....:salute:

glockmail
06-29-2009, 10:26 AM
No surprise here with our current Chicago style politics.

red states rule
06-29-2009, 11:26 PM
No surprise here with our current Chicago style politics.

This can't be true, only the evil Bush refused to listen to scientists Glock

Really this doesn't surprise me one bit. Anyone who thinks the decisions EPA makes is only in the best interets of the environment and not political benefit does not have a clue on how the agency really operates