PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Advocating Unemployment Benefits For Illegals

red states rule
06-30-2009, 05:22 AM
The official network for the Obama administration is pushing for unemployment benefits for illegals. Is it only a matter of time before the Dems and Pres Obama do the same?

I like how MSNBC call illegals "undocumented immigrants".

Immigrants fighting hard to stay in U.S.

Without government benefits, many feel pressure to pull up stakes

Elkhart County, Ind.— Angel Rodriguez stood on the front lawn, cradling his infant son, surrounded by porcelain figures, a playpen, a couch, shoes — the familiar ephemera accumulated in better times.

Losing his job with a supplier in the boat manufacturing industry forced Rodriguez and his family to trade their trailer in Milford, Ind., for a single bedroom in the one-bathroom, one-story dwelling they share with eight others some 20 miles north, in Elkhart. It also meant shedding belongings to compensate for the lost space, as well as lost income. So Rodriguez was having a yard sale.

"When I lived in Milford, I lived alone with my kids. I didn’t need anybody’s help," said the husband and father of two. "Now I have to sell my things."

A dozen people living in a single house is not ideal, but it's the price Rodriguez must pay to stay in the United States. Like other Mexican immigrants hit by the recession, it gives his family a way of dealing with the loss of income without having to return to his native country.

"Us illegals, we don’t have unemployment," said Rodriguez, an undocumented immigrant from Mexico City. "If I had unemployment, I wouldn’t have had to give up the trailer."

Hispanic immigrants, chiefly those here illegally, are particularly vulnerable as the recession lingers. Without proper documentation, those out of work can’t access unemployment and other government benefits, increasing the pressure to pull up stakes and look for opportunity elsewhere. Still, many who came to the United States looking to improve their life — make money, open up opportunities for their children, help support family still in Mexico — are hardly eager to return.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31511349/ns/us_news-the_elkhart_project

red states rule
06-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Democrats are afraid all those new voters will leave the country before they shove amnesty down our throats.

Maybe someone should clue Dems and MSNBC, in on the fact that it's called unemployment insurance, and illegals didn't pay it.