PDA

View Full Version : Flashback: Obama Says Cap And Trade Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket

red states rule
06-30-2009, 05:52 AM
Wonder how those hope and changers will feel when their power bills go up up and away?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HlTxGHn4sH4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HlTxGHn4sH4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Insein
06-30-2009, 08:38 AM
LMAO!! Could you imagine if Bush said this? It would be run non stop, front page for 30 straight days, top of the hour breaking news, rerun over and over ad nauseum.

The president of the united states of America said "My plan will make eletricty rates skyrocket." Thats friggin Headline news right there.

red states rule
06-30-2009, 08:40 AM
LMAO!! Could you imagine if Bush said this? It would be run non stop, front page for 30 straight days, top of the hour breaking news, rerun over and over ad nauseum.

The president of the united states of America said "My plan will make eletricty rates skyrocket." Thats friggin Headline news right there.

No problem Insein. Obama will have a power bill entitlement program to help pay electric bills

I do wonder if any liberals here will try and defend - i.e spin - candidate Obama's comment

Insein
06-30-2009, 08:50 AM
No problem Insein. Obama will have a power bill entitlement program to help pay electric bills

I do wonder if any liberals here will try and defend - i.e spin - candidate Obama's comment

One just did at my work. He said "Good. It will force people to use less electric." I can't believe the ignorance of people.

red states rule
06-30-2009, 08:54 AM
One just did at my work. He said "Good. It will force people to use less electric." I can't believe the ignorance of people.

That is what this all about. Libs want to drive up energy costs. They gas at $5/gal. They want light bills to soar. they want natural gas bils to skyrocket

That way they can FORCE people to use less energy and drive little lawn mowers with bucket seats as cars

So what if people lose their jobs, inflation takes over, and businesses close up. Libs will say they are doing it to save the planet

But when a poor family is found dead in their home from using BBQ briquettes for heat, the libs will still blame Bush

Monkeybone
06-30-2009, 08:59 AM
well that with the Lighting standards....it will work out just fine?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/29/obama-announces-new-energy-standards-lighting/
WASHINGTON -- Aiming to keep the focus on climate change legislation, President Barack Obama put a plug in for administration efforts to make lamps and lighting equipment use less energy.

"I know light bulbs may not seem sexy, but this simple action holds enormous promise because 7 percent of all the energy consumed in America is used to light our homes and businesses," the president said, standing alongside Energy Secretary Steven Chu at the White House.

Obama said the new efficiency standards he was announcing for lamps would result in substantial savings between 2012 and 2042, saving consumers up to 4 billion annually, conserving enough energy to power every U.S. home for 10 months, reducing emissions equal to the amount produced by 166 cars a year, and eliminating the need for as many as 14 coal-fired power plants.

The president also said he was speeding the delivery of $346 million in economic stimulus money to help improve energy efficiency in new and existing commercial buildings

so when is it ok to start saying Nanny State? I mean....certain people were whining about emails being read and out of country calls being checked out....how horrible....but it's ok to tax us and make us live the way someone thinks that we should.

red states rule
06-30-2009, 09:04 AM
American Solutions say the following wil happen if Knee Cap and Tax becomes law

Reduce aggregate gross domestic product (GDP) by $9.6 trillion
Destroy an average of 1-3 million jobs, every year
Raise electricity rates 90 percent after adjusting for inflation
Raise inflation-adjusted gasoline prices by 74 percent
Raise residential natural gas prices by 55 percent
Raise an average family's annual energy bill by $1,500 annually
Increase the federal debt by 26 percent, which is $29,150 per person
http://www.americansolutions.com/

So what happens to the cost of food - with the added cost to farmers and transportation, due to added fuel cost and other such things?

What does this do to the cost of just eating a meal out on the town?

This will be reflected it many other ways, not just your energy bills

Who wants to bet once this kicks in, the demo's start yelling "THEM DAMN GREEDY ENERGY COMPANIES"