PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi Won't Give Public a Week to Review Text of Health Bill

red states rule
06-30-2009, 09:10 AM
So once again, the Dems break their promise of "transparency"

What do they want to keep from the voters in the Obamacare bill? Or does Pelosi believe it none of our damn business who Dems spend our tax dollars?

Pelosi Won't Give Public a Week to Review Text of Health-Care Bill Before House Votes on It

(CNSNews.com) - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D.-Calif.) will not give the public a week to review the final text of a health-care reform bill before it is voted on later this year.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D.-Nev.) has also declined to commit to giving the public a week to read and consider the final health-care bill.

At her press briefing on Thursday, Pelosi was asked whether the health-care bill would be handled differently than the stimulus bill, which came up in February. The 1,071-page final text of that bill was posted on the House Appropriations Committee’s Web site late on a Thursday night and then voted on the next day.

“When the stimulus bill came out earlier this year, members and citizens had less than two days to review the final version that came out of the conference committee before it was voted on,” CNSNews.com asked Pelosi on Thursday. “Will you commit to giving Americans at least a week to review the full conference version of the health care bill before it is voted on? And also will you commit to submitting the final version to the CBO [Congressional Budget Office] so that they can report the cost to the public?”

Pelosi would not commit to giving the public a week to review the bill, and did not respond to the question of having the CBO report on the cost of the final bill

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=50229

stephanie
06-30-2009, 09:17 AM
The Commies have taken over..

Lets hope we survive it.

red states rule
06-30-2009, 09:19 AM
The Commies have taken over..

Lets hope we survive it.

We will survive Steph - but it may take a generation to repair the damage

Trigg
06-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Only the college kids believed the transperancy would really happen. Everyone else knew better, they are politicians after all.

red states rule
06-30-2009, 10:28 PM
Only the college kids believed the transperancy would really happen. Everyone else knew better, they are politicians after all.

Not only the college kids but people who actually believe they are entitled to toher people's money to pay for their living expenses

Once again I will show you a typical Obama voter who thought all of her wants, needs, and desires would be given to her my Obama

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bg98BvqUvCc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bg98BvqUvCc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Monkeybone
07-01-2009, 07:44 AM
she doesn't want to give them the time to read it because they will find the word 'Mandatory" in there.

red states rule
07-01-2009, 07:52 AM
she doesn't want to give them the time to read it because they will find the word 'Mandatory" in there.

and God only knows how much pork will be put in - can't have the peasents who are paying for them know about it

And remember members of Congress and unions are EXEMPT from Obamacare. That secret was not to come out until the bill became law

Monkeybone
07-01-2009, 08:59 AM
and God only knows how much pork will be put in - can't have the peasents who are paying for them know about it

And remember members of Congress and unions are EXEMPT from Obamacare. That secret was not to come out until the bill became law

And that is what makes it wrong, imho. If I have to go in on it becasue I am basically a gold mine and blah blah blah, then why shouldn't they? How much more money do they make than I do? It's just that they don't want to be said "no" to and have to wait. If it is good enough for the American people, then it is good enough for the American Government Employees, even as high and mighty above us they reign.

red states rule
07-01-2009, 09:02 AM
And that is what makes it wrong, imho. If I have to go in on it becasue I am basically a gold mine and blah blah blah, then why shouldn't they? How much more money do they make than I do? It's just that they don't want to be said "no" to and have to wait. If it is good enough for the American people, then it is good enough for the American Government Employees, even as high and mighty above us they reign.

You are forgetting one of the basic foundations of liberalism and Democrats - Do not do as I do, do as I say

This is not new for Dems to exempt themselves from the rules they impose on the rest of us. Unions are one of their biggest money contributers and voting blocks

It is natural that Dems will protect them from the effects of Obamcare - just as they protect themselves