PDA

View Full Version : Men Told Have Sex Daily to Boost Sperm Quality, Fertility

stephanie
06-30-2009, 10:33 AM
:eek:

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Print ShareThisDaily sex can improve the genetic quality of a man’s sperm and could enhance his chances of fathering a child, new research has suggested.

Couples who are trying for a baby are often advised to have sex every other day, so that the man’s sperm count has time to recover, but scientists in Australia have discovered that this may lower some men’s fertility.

While abstaining from sex for a few days does boost sperm counts, sperm quality as well as quantity is important to male fertility and this can be damaged if a man ejaculates too infrequently.

A study at Sydney IVF, a center for infertility treatment, has found that daily sex for a seven-day period substantially improves the genetic quality of sperm, without lowering sperm counts enough to impair fertility. Scientists plan to examine whether this also affects pregnancy rates.

Dr. David Greening, who led the research, said that for some couples, having intercourse every day during the woman’s most fertile period could make all the difference to their efforts to start a family.

The findings, which he presented Monday at the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology conference in Amsterdam, could also have important implications for couples having IVF.

Men are usually advised to abstain for ejaculation for three days before providing a sperm sample for fertilising their partner’s eggs and many couples do not have regular sex while going through IVF. “It could be that it’s better to keep the river flowing at this time,” Greening said.

When men go without ejaculating, the number of sperm stored in the epididymis at the top of the testicle increases, hence the standard advice to have sex every two to three days if you are trying to conceive.

The longer that sperm sits in the epididymis, however, the more genetic damage it accumulates through exposure to heat and to oxygen free radicals. Regular ejaculation empties this sperm reservoir, ensuring that newly-produced sperm of higher genetic quality can get out.

from..
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529525,00.html?test=latestnews

stephanie
06-30-2009, 10:40 AM
ran across this picture posted with this article on another site...:eek:

:laugh2:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/furryhand.jpg

glockmail
06-30-2009, 03:51 PM
ran across this picture posted with this article on another site...:eek:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m268/alaskamomma/furryhand.jpg

LOL burn out. :laugh2:

stephanie
06-30-2009, 03:58 PM
LOL burn out. :laugh2:

I was thinking of what all the wives would be thinking of that article..

in comes the furry hand...:laugh2:

Mr. P
06-30-2009, 04:17 PM
Everyday? Leaving to get me Nitro pill refill..Then look for a woman.:laugh2:

06-30-2009, 05:17 PM
Only once a day? Sheesh...

stephanie
06-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Only once a day? Sheesh...

glockmail
07-01-2009, 12:44 PM
I was thinking of what all the wives would be thinking of that article..

in comes the furry hand...:laugh2: To me it looks like he set his hand on fire. :lol:

stephanie
07-01-2009, 12:58 PM
To me it looks like he set his hand on fire. :lol:

more than likely.... a few wives are going to want to set the author of this study on fire..:coffee:

Mr. P
07-01-2009, 01:04 PM
more than likely.... a few wives are going to want to set the author of this study on fire..:coffee:

Oh POOOO KY will make it ok. :poke:

Trigg
07-01-2009, 01:32 PM

Not really. This is for couples who are trying to have kids. Afterall who cares if a man is fertile if they're not trying to get pregant.

Hubby can just keep getting it once a month as usual since we're done having kids.

k\d

He gets it twice a month

glockmail
07-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Anecdotal experience says this study is correct. When my wife and I finally decided to have kids she turned it into a science experiment and I mean it was no fun at all. This went on for a few months without success and I finally insisted that she listen to my advice from the beginning, which was to let my natural 20-something libido run loose. Sure enough ba-da-boom in three weeks.

I've also had friends with similar experiences, in fact two couples who went the insemination route. I told these guys instead of wacking into a jar weekly they should put the wood to her daily, but of course no listen to the Glockster on that. But, sure enough, after several thousand dollars of experimentation without success- one couple got so broke they had to move in with the mother-in-law- they eventually let natural instinct take it's course and ba-da-bing, ba-da-boom. In fact, one gal in her early 40's popped out a second one from celebrating with the birth of her first!

stephanie
07-01-2009, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't doubt the study is true..I just thought I'd have some fun with it..:thumb:

glockmail
07-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Just like any other part of the human body; the more you work it, the better it performs. God's miracle. *shrug*

07-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Just like any other part of the human body; the more you work it, the better it performs. God's miracle. *shrug*

Great... something else i need to work out.

emmett
07-06-2009, 08:06 PM
(Emmett pretends he didn't see this article and moves on to another thread)

Binky
07-07-2009, 01:53 PM

I would imagine there's a lot of hands on activity working it as well. :laugh2:

glockmail
07-07-2009, 03:59 PM
I would imagine there's a lot of hands on activity working it as well. :laugh2:
We prefer a woman's tenderness, but any port in a storm. *shrug*