PDA

View Full Version : Obama hopes to persuade all Americans to accept homosexuality

-Cp
06-30-2009, 05:40 PM
Barack Obama says that while he's dedicated to expanding homosexual rights, many Americans still cling to what he calls "worn arguments and old attitudes."

At a White House celebration of Gay Pride Month, Obama said he hopes to persuade all Americans to accept homosexuality. ""There are good and decent people in this country who don't yet fully embrace their gay brothers and sisters -- not yet," said the president. "That's why I've spoken about these issues -- not just in front of you -- but in front of unlikely audiences, in front of African-American church members."

Obama acknowledged that many Americans still disapprove of homosexuality. "There are still fellow citizens, perhaps neighbors or even family members and loved ones, who still hold fast to worn arguments and old attitudes," he stated.

He added that Congress should repeal what Obama referred to as "the so-called Defense of Marriage Act" -- and that his administration is working to pass a hate crimes bill and to repeal the "don't ask, don't tell" policy on homosexuals in the military.

The audience at the White House ceremony included Episcopal Bishop Gene Robinson and other homosexual clergy. Obama introduced Robinson as a "special friend."

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=585846

Gaffer
06-30-2009, 07:32 PM
He can start by offering bonnie franks a blow job. You know lead bu example. I'm sure his wife will understand.

chesswarsnow
06-30-2009, 09:44 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Lets be real, do we really need a whole month in America to honor gays?:poke:
2. God help us!
3. Please forgive USA Lord!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

actsnoblemartin
07-01-2009, 01:59 AM
obama wont change anyone's mind. People change their own hearts and minds, by themselves... thats just how it works

PostmodernProphet
07-01-2009, 06:19 AM
by demanding acceptance they lost my tolerance....

Monkeybone
07-01-2009, 07:40 AM
by demanding acceptance they lost my tolerance....

exactly! I was going to say that "no i don't have to accept them...i will tolerate them, that is all." of course people have lost the concept that those are two different words along the way.

07-01-2009, 03:01 PM
What a terribly worded title. I refuse to accept homosexuality. Women look too damn good to ever consider men.

chloe
07-01-2009, 06:29 PM
we could just celebrate it everyday:cool:

Jeff
07-01-2009, 09:55 PM
we could just celebrate it everyday:cool:

No offense chole, but it will be a cold day in hell before I celebrate it, If someone wants to be gay that is there business, But ask me to celebrate it, naaaa, not going to happen

chloe
07-01-2009, 10:22 PM
No offense chole, but it will be a cold day in hell before I celebrate it, If someone wants to be gay that is there business, But ask me to celebrate it, naaaa, not going to happen

he he that's ok you don't have to join me. I can celebrate wonderful contributions from gay artists by myself when I listen to great music from judas priest or queen :cool:

Jeff
07-02-2009, 04:49 PM
he he that's ok you don't have to join me. I can celebrate wonderful contributions from gay artists by myself when I listen to great music from judas priest or queen :cool:

That was just low, lol, I use to love Priest, what a disappointment
LOL

chloe
07-02-2009, 04:56 PM
That was just low, lol, I use to love Priest, what a disappointment
LOL

he he....it's ok axl rose is a huge homophobe yet he did a great tribute concert to freddy mercury, plus I noticed in the 90's when he hung around elton john he start playing the piano and wearing sunglasses with similiar style as elton....I dont like coffee with cream but I can appreciate others who do....wink:cool:

Jeff
07-02-2009, 05:50 PM
he he....it's ok axl rose is a huge homophobe yet he did a great tribute concert to freddy mercury, plus I noticed in the 90's when he hung around elton john he start playing the piano and wearing sunglasses with similiar style as elton....I dont like coffee with cream but I can appreciate others who do....wink:cool:

LOL, that was a fine post till the end , lol, I got a visual of the cream, lol

Binky
07-06-2009, 07:53 AM
hmmm.......when people tout homosexuality blah, blah, blah, my mind begins to wonder who in their background of friends and relatives are gaybies and/or lesbos. That's most always is what is going on....they try to make it sound normal and not some deviant behavior.

chloe
07-06-2009, 07:56 AM
hmmm.......when people tout homosexuality blah, blah, blah, my mind begins to wonder who in their background of friends and relatives are gaybies and/or lesbos. That's most always is what is going on....they try to make it sound normal and not some deviant behavior.

Well I've already stated that my cousins son is gay. Also my daughters friend is gay and a guy I worked with who used to be my best friend is gay. Although were not friends anymore because hes a also a drunk. :cool: