any helpful suggestions?

Yeah...

STOP IT !!

T1g3ENYxg9k

chloe
07-01-2009, 06:21 PM
I suffer from binge eating disorder/compulsive overeating

any helpful suggestions?

Martin you are not alone in this. I grew up in a family that binges on everything from booze to drugs to gambling to sex to food. I can remember watching my sister & dad go through periods of binging and purging on food and still be overweight to using cocaine to not eat and exercising 6 hours a day. Bingers tend to do so when they are under stress there is usually some psychological comfort they get from the binge or they wouldn't do it. Perhaps you feel empty and food is your drug of choice to fill up, or maybe your angry and you use food to stuff your rage. Whatever the case I would suggest you measure your emotional state at the time of your binge and try to see if you can get to the root of it. You must already know that exercise is healthy and a good way to burn fat. My oldest daughter recently became vegan and has told me that meat contains all sorts of hormones and additives that make people fat also alot of processed foods have "high fructose" in it and that creates cravings so if you can eliminate processeed foods and high fructose foods it will help stop your triggers in the physiological sense. :cool:

The National Center for Health statistics has been tracking America’s obesity problem for over four decades. The following statistics support the growing concern regarding the obesity problem in America.

-- Between 1962 and the year 2000, the number of obese Americans grew from 13% to an alarming 31% of the population.
-- 63% of Americans are overweight with a Body Mass Index (BMI) in excess of 25.0.
-- 31% are obese with a BMI in excess of 30.0.
-- Childhood obesity in the United States has more than tripled in the past two decades.
-- According to the U.S. Surgeon General report obesity is responsible for 300,000 deaths every year.

http://www.americansportsdata.com/obesitystats.asp

glockmail
07-01-2009, 06:22 PM
I suffer from binge eating disorder/compulsive overeating

any helpful suggestions? Stop eating meat and bread.