PDA

View Full Version : ‘Not Bad for Six Months,’ Obama Says of His Presidency

red states rule
06-30-2009, 10:34 PM
I certainly hope the next 6 months don't go as well. We haven't seen nothin' yet.

Obama is so clueless, that even after his koolaid drunk drones dump him he will still think he is FDR, JFK, and Abe Lincoln all rolled into one

‘Not Bad for Six Months,’ Obama Says of His Presidency
Obama says he'll get prime initiatives into law
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
By Staff, Associated Press

Washington (AP) - President Barack Obama is vowing to sign climate change legislation and overhauls in health care and financial regulations this year and is dismissing his critics as naysayers.

Obama warned more than 400 of the Democratic Party's top fundraisers Monday evening that winning policy fights will become more difficult.

Obama ran through a list of successful administration initiatives, including a $787 billion economic stimulus, a budget resolution, a fair-pay bill and a reversal on a ban on federal funding of stem cell research.

The president told the group, in his words, "It's not bad for six months."

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=50322

Yurt
06-30-2009, 10:41 PM
its not bad....unemployment is higher than under bush, foreclosures are higher, homelessness is higher....

not bad, give me a break, it was all doom and gloom while bush was in office and before he got his spendulus passed, but now....its not bad :lame2:

red states rule
06-30-2009, 10:43 PM
its not bad....unemployment is higher than under bush, foreclosures are higher, homelessness is higher....

not bad, give me a break, it was all doom and gloom while bush was in office and before he got his spendulus passed, but now....its not bad :lame2:

Come on Yurt get with the program. Obama is leading us into the promised land, and we all have to pay the price of admission

Some of us will pay more in taxes. Some of us will pay by losing our jobs. Some of us will pay with our lives under Obamacare. Some of us will pay by closing down our business

It is not all gravy you know

Jeff
07-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Damn another 6 month's might just be enough to finish America

red states rule
07-02-2009, 06:58 AM
Damn another 6 month's might just be enough to finish America

I wonder if Obama read the not bad for 6 months statement from his monitor?

Insein
07-02-2009, 08:50 AM
Again, from a liberal democrat's perspective this is a huge success. Government has expanded more in 6 months then in the last 30 years. People are further moving into despair and will have to rely on the government to take care of them. All things are a huge success in their world.

red states rule
07-02-2009, 08:58 AM
Again, from a liberal democrat's perspective this is a huge success. Government has expanded more in 6 months then in the last 30 years. People are further moving into despair and will have to rely on the government to take care of them. All things are a huge success in their world.

It defies logic how liberals can see quadrupling the annual budget deficit, doubling the national debt, the government takeover of private companies, government spending on pork and earmarks soaring to record heights, trying to get as many people as possible of some sort of government entitlement program, the cap and trade bill which will put millions out of work, cause utilites bill to soar, put gas at around $5/gal. make the cost of EVERYTHING to increase, and now trying to force Fannie and Freddie to loosen credit requirements again - the same damn thing the Dems did that put us in the economic conditions we are in now

glockmail
07-02-2009, 09:15 AM
It defies logic how liberals can see quadrupling the annual budget deficit, doubling the national debt, the government takeover of private companies, government spending on pork and earmarks soaring to record heights, trying to get as many people as possible of some sort of government entitlement program, the cap and trade bill which will put millions out of work, cause utilites bill to soar, put gas at around $5/gal. make the cost of EVERYTHING to increase, and now trying to force Fannie and Freddie to loosen credit requirements again - the same damn thing the Dems did that put us in the economic conditions we are in now It's all logical if you think like a Liberal. More government, more people dependent on it and high taxes = good. *shrug*

red states rule
07-02-2009, 09:18 AM
It's all logical if you think like a Liberal. More government, more people dependent on it and high taxes = good. *shrug*

and they can keep yelling how it is all Bush's fault

07-02-2009, 11:16 AM
It defies logic how liberals can see quadrupling the annual budget deficit, doubling the national debt, the government takeover of private companies, government spending on pork and earmarks soaring to record heights, trying to get as many people as possible of some sort of government entitlement program, the cap and trade bill which will put millions out of work, cause utilites bill to soar, put gas at around $5/gal. make the cost of EVERYTHING to increase, and now trying to force Fannie and Freddie to loosen credit requirements again - the same damn thing the Dems did that put us in the economic conditions we are in now

Of course it defies logic. But since when are human beings logical? We like to think we are, but we arent a species who is logical. We let our emotions control us. We are often ignorant of whats best for us. And sometimes are so apathetic we dont care about the consequences of our actions.

I think modern liberalism is based on these emotional arguments. So Its not surprising that he thinks these past 6 months arent bad.

We also have to keep in mind that there are people who are evil in this world. People who will make choices that hurt themselves and others simply because they enjoy it. Maybe they think it gives them power. Maybe they just want to watch the world burn. Logic isnt good or evil. Logic depends alot on perspective. In reality, their ideas and actions are very logical to them. Because they want different things than us. We want a free and moral society. They want to oppress. We want to be happy. They want to make people as miserable as thtey are.

I am not sure logic exists anymore. because everything is a matter of perspective. I think the key to success is to anchor your life in truth. That means you have to seek it out. You have to acknowledge it. You have to live according to it. That way you can see things as they really are. But thats not easy for some people. They are afraid or feel guilty. They like to pretend they are victims. But that's why its so important to stop being a person who is acted upon and start becoming someone who acts.

Jeff
07-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Just turned the TV on and guess what, more jobs lost, they said the government mis judged so the recession will last longer, duh no shit, they could of called me I would of told them that

Wow still sitting here watching the TV, LOL, nothing but good news, Housing is going to get worse, hope ya didn't want to sell your house, California is doing great, they want state workers to take a 3rd day with no pay

Damn I see the CHANGE

red states rule
07-03-2009, 06:11 AM
Of course it defies logic. But since when are human beings logical? We like to think we are, but we arent a species who is logical. We let our emotions control us. We are often ignorant of whats best for us. And sometimes are so apathetic we dont care about the consequences of our actions.

I think modern liberalism is based on these emotional arguments. So Its not surprising that he thinks these past 6 months arent bad.

We also have to keep in mind that there are people who are evil in this world. People who will make choices that hurt themselves and others simply because they enjoy it. Maybe they think it gives them power. Maybe they just want to watch the world burn. Logic isnt good or evil. Logic depends alot on perspective. In reality, their ideas and actions are very logical to them. Because they want different things than us. We want a free and moral society. They want to oppress. We want to be happy. They want to make people as miserable as thtey are.

I am not sure logic exists anymore. because everything is a matter of perspective. I think the key to success is to anchor your life in truth. That means you have to seek it out. You have to acknowledge it. You have to live according to it. That way you can see things as they really are. But thats not easy for some people. They are afraid or feel guilty. They like to pretend they are victims. But that's why its so important to stop being a person who is acted upon and start becoming someone who acts.

I understand what you are saying. As Rush said yesterday on his show, this weekend is NOT Indepenence Day. It is Dependence Day. That is what the Dems really want - with a tiny minority of taxpayers paying the bill