PDA

View Full Version : Politics Some Kind of Affirmative Action Program For Sociopaths?

Kathianne
07-01-2009, 06:40 AM
Made me lol! Links to stuff on Edwards at site:

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=NDRlZmY2MmMzMmNmMDNkNjI0NWM3NTY3NWE5ODI0ZGE=

Re: Crossing the line [Mark Steyn]
Lucy, last week I thought Mark Sanford could survive the adultery. But I don't think he can survive his weirdly exhibitionist public meditations on the adultery. I doubt many of his constituents share his view of the gubernatorial office as a personal growth experience the entire state can benefit from, and he might at least run some of the talking-points of his thrice-daily confessionals past the staffers:

South Carolina's Governor Mark Sanford may be sleeping in the doghouse permenantly after telling the AP that his mistress is his soulmate, but that he'll try to fall back in love with his wife.

As Lisa said the other day, put not your trust in princes. I support the Governor on limited government, spending and taxes, but sorry, his talents are not so unique that it's worth putting up with a narcissist buffoon.

My column at the weekend suggested that celebrity politics and big government - ie, putting your trust in princes and putting the prince in "the bubble" - all but guarantee rule by creeps and misfits. In support of that thesis, we now have John Edwards - The Movie:

Former Edwards aide Andrew Young says the ex-senator and his former mistress, Rielle Hunter, once made a sex tape...

Of course. What else would a presidential candidate do to unwind after a hard day on the stump? But the line that caught my eye was this, from Mrs Edwards:

Elizabeth also suspects Young stole the baseball card collection of her late son, Wade...

Is politics some kind of affirmative action program for sociopaths?

06/30 10:52 PM

chloe
07-01-2009, 06:31 PM
pretty funny thanks for sharing it

Kathianne
07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
pretty funny thanks for sharing it

Funny indeed, but also too true.