PDA

View Full Version : Unemployment Rising in America's Cities

red states rule
07-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Where the hell is the "stimulus"? Obama and Dems have spent trillions and yet things are getting worse

Unemployment Rising in America's Cities

WASHINGTON, DC (Associated Press) - Unemployment rates rose in all the largest U.S. metropolitan areas for the fifth straight month in May.

The Labor Department says jobless rates in May rose from a year earlier in all 372 metropolitan area it tracks.

The unemployment rate in Kokomo, Ind., jumped to 18.8 percent, up 11.7 percentage points from a year ago, the largest increase of all metro areas. The second-highest jump occurred in Indiana's Elkhart-Goshen. Its rate jumped to 17.5 percent, up 11.4 percentage points from a year earlier. Both areas have been slammed by layoffs in transportation equipment manufacturing.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/michigan/news.newsmain/article/5/0/1524024/Business/Unemployment.Rising.in.America's.Cities.

Monkeybone
07-01-2009, 08:53 AM
They are saying that you have to wait until later this year, around winter time ot really see it. that is when the spending will take off. Obama's people said so.

And the Kokomo thing is mostly Chrysler probably. Just like Elkhart, apparently it is ok to put all your eggs in one basket that is a "luxury" item that in no way can ever fail! I mean seriously...people stop buying RV? That is just crazy talk.

red states rule
07-01-2009, 08:59 AM
They are saying that you have to wait until later this year, around winter time ot really see it. that is when the spending will take off. Obama's people said so.

And the Kokomo thing is mostly Chrysler probably. Just like Elkhart, apparently it is ok to put all your eggs in one basket that is a "luxury" item that in no way can ever fail! I mean seriously...people stop buying RV? That is just crazy talk.

Yet Obama said if hsi "stimulus" bill was passed, unemployment would not go above 8%

I am sure as time passes, and more people lose their jobs the tone will change to "It's Bush's fault"

My only question will be, how many Obama drones will believe it

red states rule
07-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Do you think this story may make Obama nd the Dems to CUT spending? Na, they probably will say this is the time to RAISE taxes

June Federal Receipts: The Dive Continues, As Does Media Near Silence

snip

Comparing June 26, 2009 to June 27, 2008 is more valid than comparing the same days of both years, because each period contains the same number of Mondays, a big day for receipts, and Fridays, a big day for sending out refund checks.

As you can see, as we approach the end of the month, June 2009 receipts from economic activity are down 25% from last year. It's clear from last year's results that it would be unreasonable to expect a high level of receipts from other than withholdings in the final two days of this year.

Estimating on what I believe is the high side, it looks like total June 2009 receipts will come in at about $230 billion, consisting of about $198 billion in the line items identified above (i.e., another $13.2 billion will come in during the final two days) plus $32 billion in other receipts. That would be a 12% drop from last year's official total, but a 20% drop from last year's $287.8 billion in total receipts from economic activity.

http://www.bizzyblog.com/wp-images/USreceipts062708v262609.jpg

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tom-blumer/2009/06/30/june-federal-receipts-dive-continues-does-media-near-silence

actsnoblemartin
07-01-2009, 12:15 PM
facts, facts?

facts dont matter to demo CRATS

Trigg
07-01-2009, 01:34 PM
IF this keeps up Americas cities are going to get VERY dangerous. I read that Chicago had 6 murders over the weekend.

red states rule
07-02-2009, 06:55 AM
IF this keeps up Americas cities are going to get VERY dangerous. I read that Chicago had 6 murders over the weekend.

Looks like Obama's stimulus bill is not working since more and more people everyday are not

Monkeybone
07-02-2009, 07:10 AM

Chicago has a donor blood shortage right now because of all the violence.

red states rule
07-02-2009, 07:13 AM
Chicago has a donor blood shortage right now because of all the violence.

The Il Tax Dept has sucked all the blood out of the folks