PDA

View Full Version : Senate bill fines people refusing health coverage

red states rule
07-03-2009, 06:26 AM
Looks like the Dems are adding a tribute you will have to pay if you refuse to accept Obamacare

Any comments?

Senate bill fines people refusing health coverage

WASHINGTON – Americans who refuse to buy affordable medical coverage could be hit with fines of more than $1,000 under a health care overhaul bill unveiled Thursday by key Senate Democrats looking to fulfill President Barack Obama's top domestic priority.

The Congressional Budget Office estimated the fines will raise around $36 billion over 10 years. Senate aides said the penalties would be modeled on the approach taken by Massachusetts, which now imposes a fine of about $1,000 a year on individuals who refuse to get coverage. Under the federal legislation, families would pay higher penalties than individuals.

In a revamped health care system envisioned by lawmakers, people would be required to carry health insurance just like motorists must get auto coverage now. The government would provide subsidies for the poor and many middle-class families, but those who still refuse to sign up would face penalties.

Called "shared responsibility payments," the fines would be set at least half the cost of basic medical coverage, according to the legislation.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090702/ap_on_go_co/us_health_care_overhaul

07-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Freedom. what the heck is that? The government should be telling us exactly what we should do.

red states rule
07-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Freedom. what the heck is that? The government should be telling us exactly what we should do.

This is a perfect example of liberal brilliance. They are going to follow that wondeful example of Mass for health care. They are following CA's lead for building codes in the energy bill.

What part of repeating failure on a bigger scale only produces greater failure on an even grander scale do they not understand?

chesswarsnow
07-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh I don't like this idea.
2. Typical *Give With One Hand Take With Another*.
3. But if *The Public Option* costs 2k a year for a family, and half would be the fine, I feel it would be better to pay the 2k.
4. About $180.00 a month, which would be a fair price for a family of four.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

red states rule
07-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh I don't like this idea.
2. Typical *Give With One Hand Take With Another*.
3. But if *The Public Option* costs 2k a year for a family, and half would be the fine, I feel it would be better to pay the 2k.
4. About $180.00 a month, which would be a fair price for a family of four.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So what part of Obabavcare will work? The part where you will be forced to take it? The part where seniors will be told to go away and die quietly? The part where illegals will be coverd under US taxpayer expense?

It is so kind of you to decide what is a fair price. Did Obama hire you as his new Price Setting Czar?

Binky
07-04-2009, 08:58 AM
Well, surprise, surprise. Just one more step in government control. Anyone getting the pic yet? Next they'll be telling us how much money we are to spend on groceries and that we have to eat certain foods or the food police will come bangin' on our doors. Anyone surprised at how quickly Americans are losing their freedoms? Seems to be movin' right along at an ever rapid pace. :wtf: :lame2:

red states rule
07-04-2009, 10:26 AM
http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/obamacare15-324x420.jpg

Jeff
07-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Lets look at the big picture here, Obama is out to help those who don't work don't want to work and aren't going to work, was there ever any question that he would do this?

He promised no new taxes on anyone making less the $250,000, what he rally meant was I will take care of anyone making no money, he is out to make a statement to his people

This health care is again aimed at the people not wanting to do for themselves, yes there are some working that don't
have a benefit package but the majority of the working force does have it, I guess it is to expensive to take care of the elderly, the people that worked there whole live, but it is ok to worry about ol John Doe that doesn't want a job,

Obama has done more damage to this country in 6 months than even I thought possible, if he gets this threw we are truly screwed

With all the spending he has done know our Grand children will be paying for it, and he want's to make more bills, wow, wake up and smell the coffee

red states rule
07-05-2009, 06:01 AM
Lets look at the big picture here, Obama is out to help those who don't work don't want to work and aren't going to work, was there ever any question that he would do this?

He promised no new taxes on anyone making less the $250,000, what he rally meant was I will take care of anyone making no money, he is out to make a statement to his people

This health care is again aimed at the people not wanting to do for themselves, yes there are some working that don't
have a benefit package but the majority of the working force does have it, I guess it is to expensive to take care of the elderly, the people that worked there whole live, but it is ok to worry about ol John Doe that doesn't want a job,

Obama has done more damage to this country in 6 months than even I thought possible, if he gets this threw we are truly screwed

With all the spending he has done know our Grand children will be paying for it, and he want's to make more bills, wow, wake up and smell the coffee

Jeff, we are learning now that ALL promises Obama makes, and elected Dems for that matter, all come with expiration dates

Plus, all core convictions, beliefs, and policy ideas from Dems are all subject to change based on polling results, and focus group findings