PDA

View Full Version : Palin Links Resignation to 'Higher Calling'

REDWHITEBLUE2
07-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Palin Links Resignation to 'Higher Calling'
JUNEAU, Alaska -- Outgoing Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin on Saturday laid the groundwork to take on a larger, national role after leaving state government, citing a "higher calling" with the aim of uniting the country along conservative lines.

A day after surprising even her closest friends by announcing she would step down as Alaska governor more than a year before her term was up, the controversial hockey mom was still keeping details of her future plans under wrap. But in a statement posted on Palin's Facebook account, she suggested that she had bigger plans and a national agenda she planned to push after she resigns at the end of the month.

"I am now looking ahead and how we can advance this country together with our values of less government intervention, greater energy independence, stronger national security, and much-needed fiscal restraint," she said.

Palin also cast herself as a victim and blasted the media, calling the response to her announcement "predictable" and out of touch.

"How sad that Washington and the media will never understand; it's about country," the statement said. "And though it's honorable for countless others to leave their positions for a higher calling and without finishing a term, of course we know by now, for some reason a different standard applies for the decisions I make."

Palin's personal spokeswoman, Meghan Stapleton, confirmed to The Associated Press that the Facebook posting was written by the governor.

The abruptness of her announcement and the mystery surrounding her plans has fed widespread speculation. But Palin attorney Thomas Van Flein on Saturday warned legal action may be taken against bloggers and publications that reprint what he calls fraudulent claims.

"To the extent several websites, most notably liberal Alaska blogger Shannyn Moore, are now claiming as 'fact' that Governor Palin resigned because she is 'under federal investigation' for embezzlement or other criminal wrongdoing, we will be exploring legal options this week to address such defamation," Van Flein said in a statement. "This is to provide notice to Ms. Moore, and those who re-publish the defamation, such as Huffington Post, MSNBC, the New York Times and The Washington Post, that the Palins will not allow them to propagate defamatory material without answering to this in a court of law."

Palin has kept a low profile since her abrupt announcement Friday at a hastily called news conference at her home in suburban Wasilla, outside Anchorage. All of her public communication since then has been on the social networking sites Facebook and Twitter, or through statements released by her office.

At the same time, Palin informed her spokesman David Murrow early Saturday that someone using the name "exgovsarahpalin" on Twitter was spreading a false rumor that there was to be a party at her suburban home in Wasilla, outside Anchorage. Palin was afraid her home would be mobbed, and security was dispatched, Murrow said.

With only a few weeks before she steps down on July 26, and Lt. Gov. Sean Parnell takes her place, the governor spent the Fourth of July weekend in the state capital, Juneau, but was only spotted briefly on the sidelines of the city's parade.

She had been invited to ride in a convertible, as she did last year, but never told organizers whether she would attend.

Juneau parade director Jean Sztuk said officials drew up banners in case Palin showed and was willing to take part.

As the last of the parade's clowns and marching bands headed past her, Sztuk gave up on Palin. "What governor wants to be at the end of the parade?" she asked.

Her low-profile and vague Internet messages left mounting questions about her plans for the future shrouded in mystery. Will she lay the groundwork for a 2012 presidential bid? Will she find a high-profile place in the private sector, maybe on the speech circuit? Will she drop out of the limelight and focus on her five children?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/04/palin-links-resignation-higher-callin g/

REDWHITEBLUE2
07-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Looks like Gabby and Joe Steal better run and hide :coffee:

stephanie
07-05-2009, 12:17 AM
I'm usually not one who is for suing just for anything...but this thing against the Palins has gotten out of control and is some the nastiest stuff against a politician I have ever seen....look what they did to Joe the Plumber just for asking a question, with the help of the MSM..

I say enough already...we are in a fight to save our country as I see it..

take out msnbc first and then, on we go.............................:dance:

Jeff
07-05-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm usually not one who is for suing just for anything...but this thing against the Palins has gotten out of control and is some the nastiest stuff against a politician I have ever seen....look what they did to Joe the Plumber just for asking a question, with the help of the MSM..

She should take it as a compliment ( not that she shouldn't sue) but they keep attacking her and her family to try and keep the brainless ( liberals) from figuring out she is much smarter than the messiah, she made a ass out of Biden when they went head to head and Obama has proven he is even dumber than Biden, she has them scared

stephanie
07-05-2009, 12:33 AM
yes they can attact Palin the politician, but they went too far with it..and the MSM has now been repeating the so called Palin could be indicted that is posted on another thread by Joe Steel..so it now time to take them to task and let them know we will not let this stuff continue...Or how would we ever be able to get anybody to run for office..

Joe Steel
07-05-2009, 06:00 AM
Looks like Gabby and Joe Steal better run and hide

Why?

Discussion of the acts of public officials is not only permissible under US law, it's encouraged by American tradition. Van Flein should know that. His attempt to stifle the discussion is not only shameful it may be unconstitutional and creates the possibility of one more ethics complaint against Palin.

She's a disaster.

PostmodernProphet
07-05-2009, 07:28 AM
Why?

Discussion of the acts of public officials is not only permissible under US law, it's encouraged by American tradition. Van Flein should know that. His attempt to stifle the discussion is not only shameful it may be unconstitutional and creates the possibility of one more ethics complaint against Palin.

She's a disaster.

lies aren't discussion....they're simply lies......

stephanie
07-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Why?

She's a disaster.

well you better hurry to file that next ethics complaint cause you won't have much more time...the other 16 complaints didn't stick, so you might as well file another..
You all went too far when you let your goons go after her children..and now I hope she takes you all to the cleaners..
We are sick of the vile and disgusting things you all are doing and we aren't going to take it anymore..

I'm with Sarah on this one, and I say bring it on and lets go kick some ass...

Binky
07-06-2009, 07:31 AM

I'm with you on this one. It's way out of control......the media and others live to ruin lives. I guess they sleep more comfortably at night knowing they were able to break someone and sling the hate around the world. I really don't care what she wishes to do. Whatever it is I'm sure she'll do it well. She seems to be getting more attention than OB is. I wonder how he's taking that......