PDA

View Full Version : Colin Powell Getting Buyer's Remorse?

red states rule
07-06-2009, 09:38 AM
We tried to tell you, but you wouldn't listen.

Colin Powell worries Obama tackling too much

WASHINGTON (AP) - Colin Powell worries that President Barack Obama is trying to tackle too many big issues at one time and he offers this advice: take a hard look at costs and consider the additional red tape that will be created.

"The right answer is, 'Give me a government that works,'" the former secretary of state said in a television interview to be aired Sunday. "Keep it as small as possible," added Powell, who said he has spoken recently with Obama and stays in touch with him. Powell, a Republican, endorsed Obama last year over the GOP presidential nominee, Arizona Sen. John McCain.

Obama wants to overhaul the health care system and take on climate change while also helping the country emerge from the recession.

"I think one of the cautions that has to be given to the president - and I've talked to some of his people about this - is that you can't have so many things on the table that you can't absorb it all. And we can't pay for it all," Powell said.

"And I never would have believed that we would have budgets that are running into the multi-trillions of dollars, and we are amassing a huge, huge national debt that, if we don't pay for in our lifetime, our kids and grandkids and great grandchildren will have to pay for it."

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090705/D9981E382.html

stephanie
07-06-2009, 10:29 AM
Colin Powell needs to leave the Republican party and become a Democrat...he sold out when he turned on his party and endorsed the little Marxist..
I don't really care anymore what Powell has to say and he doesn't speak for me...

go just join the Democrat party Colin and stop pretending you are a Republican...please

glockmail
07-06-2009, 11:43 AM
We seem to have a lot of high profile types who voted for Obama but hate his policies. Warren Buffet comes to mind. I guess these guys aren't as smart as they'd have us believe. *shrug*

Monkeybone
07-06-2009, 12:08 PM
what happens when you vote for race and not what they are saying and their past actions show

red states rule
07-07-2009, 05:20 AM
The inexperienced but articulate Obama has overpromised and underdelivered!

He's a great campaigner but couldn't lead water downhill!

I think many independents have, or will be joining Powell.