PDA

View Full Version : Too Many Blacks in Jail, Wis. Gov. Says

Hugh Lincoln
04-10-2007, 07:01 PM
So something must be done about that.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2007/04/doyle_wants_to.php

Doyle signed an executive order last month that created the commission to determine whether discrimination is built into the state’s criminal justice system and develop strategies to reduce racial disparities.

Nationwide, black youths were incarcerated at nearly 9 times the average rate of white youths in 2002, according to the study. The rate for American Indians in Wisconsin was nearly 14 times that of whites, and Hispanics were six times more likely to spend time behind bars.

glockmail
04-10-2007, 07:15 PM
Wis is a nice Blue State. Why not just let them all out?

grunt
04-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Yea..something sure as hell needs to be done..

I've got an idea!!

"HEY..BLACKS!!! STOP DOING ILLEGAL SHIT!!!"

(For some reason..I don't think they will) :poke:

Hugh Lincoln
04-10-2007, 09:31 PM
"HEY..BLACKS!!! STOP DOING ILLEGAL SHIT!!!"

It's an idea, but they'd say it's racist to ask blacks to obey the law. And you saw what happened to Don Imus.

shattered
04-10-2007, 09:32 PM
So something must be done about that.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2007/04/doyle_wants_to.php

Doyle signed an executive order last month that created the commission to determine whether discrimination is built into the state’s criminal justice system and develop strategies to reduce racial disparities.

Nationwide, black youths were incarcerated at nearly 9 times the average rate of white youths in 2002, according to the study. The rate for American Indians in Wisconsin was nearly 14 times that of whites, and Hispanics were six times more likely to spend time behind bars.

Being a Wisconsin resident..all I can say is DUH!!

Now why do you think they're there? For helping little old ladies cross the street, or "helping" them carry their purses?

Gaffer
04-10-2007, 09:38 PM
If a disproportionate number of blacks didn't commit crimes they wouldn't be in jail. Can I get a grant now? I have given my response to the study.

Nuc
04-11-2007, 01:06 AM
I am a FORMER Wisconsin resident and one of the reasons I left was the crime rate. My friends son was shot dead in broad daylight, another friend shot in a park, another friend carjacked, all by blacks. The police don't seem to have the will to deal with it. The black population went to hell after Milwaukee's industrial base shut down.