PDA

View Full Version : L.A. Latinos celebrate the Farce of July

WendyGirl33
07-06-2009, 05:07 PM
L.A. Latinos celebrate the Farce of July

The plans of La Raza and the Aztlan Movement may not raise conservative eyebrows, let alone Christian opposition to Sotomayor’s ascendancy to the Supreme Court, save for the fact that La Raza and other Latino activist groups have expressed widespread anti-Jewish sentiments and support for radical Islam.

It’s payback time for white America.

“America’s Palestinians” are on the march, chanting “Ahora es la tiempo por audacia”!

Thousands of Latinos are gathering this Independence Day to celebrate the Farce of July.

This annual all-day concert and street fair is held on Cesar Chavez Avenue in East Los Angeles - - the heart of the barrio.

The event is sponsored by the Aztlan Underground to uphold the claim that the Southwest portion of the United States had been stolen from Mexicans and Mexican Americans by Yankee colonialists under the leadership of U.S. President James K. Polk.

Members of the Aztlan Movement and La Raza (of which Supreme Council nominee Sotomayor is a national director) seek to annex California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and southern Colorado into a new nation: Republica del Norte, “the Republic of the North.”

Sounds like a far-fetched idea save for the fact that the 56% of Mexicans and Mexican Americans, according to a Zogby poll, favor the reconquista.

The creation of a “Hispanic Homeland,” Charles Truxillo, professor, University of New Mexico, maintains, is “an inevitability” that should be brought into being “by any means necessary.”

But the “reconquista” won’t end with territorial occupation and secession. The final plan for the La Raza movement includes the ethnic cleansing of Americans of European, African, and Asian descent out of “Aztlan.”

Miguel Perez, a La Raza spokesman at Cal State-Northridge, says, “The ultimate ideology is the liberation of Aztlan. Communism would be closest [to it]. Once Aztlan is established, ethnic cleansing would commence: Non-Chicanos would have to be expelled — opposition groups would be quashed because you have to keep power.”

And so, our new Supreme Court appointee and self-professed advocate of La Raza approves of the reformation of the United States, the creation of a separate Chicano country, and widespread ethnic cleansing. Other La Raza supporters who have appeared at Aztlan gatherings include George W. Bush, John (Juan) McCain, and Barack barrio-loving Obama.

http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/2009/07/06/la-latinos-celebrate-the-farce-of-july/

glockmail
07-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Woosies lost the war and can't admit it.

chesswarsnow
07-06-2009, 07:51 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Oh great a bunch of ungrateful Mexicans.:cheers2:
2. Hey the border is wide open!
3. Seeing all the new arrivals everyday.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

hjmick
07-06-2009, 09:01 PM
This idea of "reconquista" has always fascinated me. First of all, the likelihood of it happening are too slim to even entertain serious discussion.

Second, it seems as though the lion's share of support for the idea comes from descendants of the Mexicans who (a) helped settle the areas in the early days... and (b) came in during the 20th century. In both cases, I'd be willing to bet that there is a decent percentage of those who support the idea who have never been to Mexico, or left the U.S. for that matter. They need only look to those who have immigrated to the U.S. to better understand that they do not want to live in Mexico.

Third, you've got all these folks who have immigrated to this country, both legally and illegally, because Mexico sucked. They couldn't find work enough to support their families in Mexico, they send the money they earn here "home" in record amounts. What will they do if California, Arizona, and New Mexico become part of Mexico again? That's right, watch out Colorado, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, and points east...

gabosaurus
07-06-2009, 09:23 PM
More right-wing bullshit from people who don't have a clue what they are talking about.
East Los Angeles is a working class area. The Latinos who live there are, for the most part, very happy to be part of the U.S. Very few of them are militant.
Perhaps the blog writers (and the idiots who reprint them) should actually visit East Los Angeles before writing about it.
My sister has lived in East Los Angeles for several years and has yet to meet any of the "militant Latinos" that writer refers to.
And there was no "Farce Of July" event held. It was the same July 4th street party than many neighborhoods put together.

hjmick
07-06-2009, 10:12 PM
More right-wing bullshit from people who don't have a clue what they are talking about.
East Los Angeles is a working class area. The Latinos who live there are, for the most part, very happy to be part of the U.S. Very few of them are militant.
Perhaps the blog writers (and the idiots who reprint them) should actually visit East Los Angeles before writing about it.
My sister has lived in East Los Angeles for several years and has yet to meet any of the "militant Latinos" that writer refers to.
And there was no "Farce Of July" event held. It was the same July 4th street party than many neighborhoods put together.

Well there ya have it folks! Gabo's never seen them, neither has her sister. That obviously means the whole story is a crock of shit and they don't exist. End of discussion. Lock the thread.

Oh... Wait a minute... Didn't she say, "...there was no "Farce Of July" event held...?"

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/FarceofJuly2007.jpg

http://www.lataco.com/taco/10th-annual-farce-of-july-shg-boyle-heights

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/FarceofJuly2008.jpg

http://latinola.com/event.php?event=12805

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/FarceofJuly2009.jpg

http://latinola.com/event.php?event=14540

chesswarsnow
07-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Treason.
2. I think its time Americans look at this head on!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
07-06-2009, 10:24 PM

Looks like the facts are there, unlike the shit you reprint..Take a lesson from yer self.

Trigg
07-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Looks like the facts are there, unlike the shit you reprint..Take a lesson from yer self.

:beer:

Well, that shut her up:laugh2:

gabosaurus
07-07-2009, 10:01 PM
As I was apparently in error about this situation, I checked with my brother in law. Who checked with more knowledgeable sources.

The "Farce of July" festival is organized and sponsored by radical Latino groups. It is primarily an arts and music rally spotlighting Latinos. There are the usual rabble rousing speeches and such you can find at nearly every rally of its source.
The 2009 "Farce of July" was NOT held in East Los Angeles. It was held in the parking lot of a closed down bar just south of Downtown Los Angeles. It is actually closer to South Central L.A., on the other side of I-10.

As I stated before, very few Latinos in East Los Angeles are militant. Most are working class families.

glockmail
07-08-2009, 08:07 AM
You brother in law is your source of truth? LOL

stephanie
07-08-2009, 08:09 AM
You brother in law is your source of truth? LOL

:coffee:

glockmail
07-08-2009, 08:15 AM
:coffee: What would that gal do with men in her life to support her financially and to tell her when she's full of shit?

hjmick
07-08-2009, 12:04 PM
As I was apparently in error about this situation, I checked with my brother in law. Who checked with more knowledgeable sources.

The "Farce of July" festival is organized and sponsored by radical Latino groups. It is primarily an arts and music rally spotlighting Latinos. There are the usual rabble rousing speeches and such you can find at nearly every rally of its source.
The 2009 "Farce of July" was NOT held in East Los Angeles. It was held in the parking lot of a closed down bar just south of Downtown Los Angeles. It is actually closer to South Central L.A., on the other side of I-10.

As I stated before, very few Latinos in East Los Angeles are militant. Most are working class families.

Yeah, okay, uh... Not so much.

South Central Los Angeles was originally defined as the area bounded by Washington Boulevard on the north, Slauson Avenue on the south, Main Street on the west and Alameda Street on the east, with Central Avenue bisecting it from north to south [/i](this area is highlighted in red with an "x" in it)[/i]. Since the late 1950s / early 1960s, the area has grown to include the area east of LaBrea and south of the Santa Monica Fwy (the 10), particularly Crenshaw, Hyde Park, Baldwin Hills, and Leimert Park (the last three denoted by the blue circles. The blue arrow points to Crenshaw which is not visible on this map.) The "Farce of July" event location for 2009 is denoted on this map by the letter "A" with a red arrow while the location of theevent the two years prior is denoted by the letter "B" with a red arrow. Clearly, these are both in East Los Angeles and neither of them is "...just south of Downtown Los Angeles" or "...actually closer to South Central L.A." nor were either of them held "...in the parking lot of a closed down bar." This years event was held at a place called Liliflor Studios, which I believe is an art studio offering workshops and galleries. The two years prior, the event was held at Self Help Grapics, which describes itself as "a nationally recognized center for Latino arts that develops and nurtures artists in printmaking." Obviously, neither of these is a "closed down bar."

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y113/hjmc3rd/FarceMap.jpg

Seems like your brother-in-law may want to find some new "more knowledgeable sources."