PDA

View Full Version : Obama's 1983 College Magazine Article

stephanie
07-07-2009, 09:37 AM
well now, look what was finally dug up...God help us...the link to read his paper is in the article

Obama’s Youth Shaped His Nuclear-Free Vision
Chicago Tribune Photo, 2005
In college, Barack Obama wrote about nuclear arms. As a senator, he viewed a deactivated Russian nuclear missile.

»The student was Barack Obama, and he was clearly trying to sort out his thoughts. In the conclusion, he denounced “the twisted logic of which we are a part today” and praised student efforts to realize “the possibility of a decent world.” But his article, “Breaking the War Mentality,” which only recently has been rediscovered, said little about how to achieve the utopian dream.

read the whole article here...
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/05/world/05nuclear.html?bl?_r=1

Insein
07-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Thats great. I want a world without Nukes also. But what happens when we get rid of ours and our enemies don't get rid of theirs?

Binky
07-07-2009, 01:48 PM
Thats great. I want a world without Nukes also. But what happens when we get rid of ours and our enemies don't get rid of theirs?

Exactly what I was thinking. Guess that would leave us without any. They'd have a heads up on us, so to speak.

Said1
07-07-2009, 05:26 PM
An essay from 1983? :laugh2:

07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Has someone informed him that the cold war is over?

The more I read about this man and his views, the more im convinced he will lead millions of Americans to a brutal death. And that scares the heck out of me.