PDA

View Full Version : Obama’s Approval Rating Tanks in Ohio

red states rule
07-08-2009, 05:06 AM
Isn't nice that Ohio is waking up, but what took you so long Ohio?

Considering how the promises of saving the big 3 and "unemployment won't go above 8%" have been proven to be fallacy at best. Considering that the truth has come out, and everyone under 250k in annual income is going to get significant tax, energy bill, and food bill hikes on top of their tax increases.

Considering that Americans aren't completely stupid, and unemployment rates have already hit above 12% and up to 26% in some counties where the "big 3" used to be the "big employers" I think we'll see some folks waking up.

Barring something completey unexpected by all I'd say that come Novemer of 2010 republicans stand to win back a good many seats IF there are conservatives, real conservatives that is, running for them.

Obama’s approval tanks in Ohio

A new Quinnipiac poll shows President Obama’s approval rating has dropped 13 points over the last two months in Ohio, a key battleground state with plenty of critical Congressional contests in 2010.

Obama now only holds a 49 percent approval rating, with 44 percent of voters disapproving. It’s his lowest approval rating in any Quinnipiac statewide poll taken since Obama’s inauguration. In May, Obama held a 62 percent approval rating in the Buckeye state.

Meanwhile, a 48 percent plurality of Ohio voters disapprove of the way Obama is handling the economy, with 46 percent approving. Two-thirds of Ohio voters are dissatisfied with the way things are going in the state.

"The economy in Ohio is as bad as anywhere in America. These numbers indicate that for the first time voters have decided that President Barack Obama bears some responsibility for their problems," said Quinnipiac pollster Peter Brown.

Those results should be concerning to Democratic Senate candidates Lee Fisher and Jennifer Brunner, both of whom are competing for the party’s nomination – likely against Republican Rob Portman. The poll showed Portman narrowing his deficits against both Democrats to low single-digits.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/scorecard/0709/Obamas_approval_tanks_in_Ohio.html

07-08-2009, 02:57 PM
I hear he's tanked in Virginia too.

red states rule
07-08-2009, 06:29 PM
I hear he's tanked in Virginia too.

I guess it took their emptying pocketbook to open up their eyes.

theHawk
07-08-2009, 08:57 PM
They voted for him. Now they get to eat his shit sandwich.

moderate democrat
07-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Isn't nice that Ohio is waking up, but what took you so long Ohio?

Considering how the promises of saving the big 3 and "unemployment won't go above 8%" have been proven to be fallacy at best. Considering that the truth has come out, and everyone under 250k in annual income is going to get significant tax, energy bill, and food bill hikes on top of their tax increases.

Considering that Americans aren't completely stupid, and unemployment rates have already hit above 12% and up to 26% in some counties where the "big 3" used to be the "big employers" I think we'll see some folks waking up.

Barring something completey unexpected by all I'd say that come Novemer of 2010 republicans stand to win back a good many seats IF there are conservatives, real conservatives that is, running for them.

Obama’s approval tanks in Ohio

A new Quinnipiac poll shows President Obama’s approval rating has dropped 13 points over the last two months in Ohio, a key battleground state with plenty of critical Congressional contests in 2010.

Obama now only holds a 49 percent approval rating, with 44 percent of voters disapproving. It’s his lowest approval rating in any Quinnipiac statewide poll taken since Obama’s inauguration. In May, Obama held a 62 percent approval rating in the Buckeye state.

Meanwhile, a 48 percent plurality of Ohio voters disapprove of the way Obama is handling the economy, with 46 percent approving. Two-thirds of Ohio voters are dissatisfied with the way things are going in the state.

"The economy in Ohio is as bad as anywhere in America. These numbers indicate that for the first time voters have decided that President Barack Obama bears some responsibility for their problems," said Quinnipiac pollster Peter Brown.

Those results should be concerning to Democratic Senate candidates Lee Fisher and Jennifer Brunner, both of whom are competing for the party’s nomination – likely against Republican Rob Portman. The poll showed Portman narrowing his deficits against both Democrats to low single-digits.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/scorecard/0709/Obamas_approval_tanks_in_Ohio.html

I'd bet you $500 right now that Obama beats the republican in '12....but a good friend of mine from another board told me that you always welch on your bets. I guess that's really not all that surprising.

Jeff
07-08-2009, 11:50 PM
I'd bet you $500 right now that Obama beats the republican in '12....but a good friend of mine from another board told me that you always welch on your bets. I guess that's really not all that surprising.

Wow a preacher that bets, :eek:

red states rule
07-09-2009, 04:32 AM

I was sure a thread shwoing your guy tanking would smoke you out. In regards to your off topic post - 1) I do not welch on my bets, 2) I find it very hard to believe you have any friends

Why not try to spin why Obama's numbers are tanking, and why his economic policies are failing

red states rule
07-09-2009, 04:46 AM

I have always said and I willl continue to say, they voted for him because he was black, and they wanted to see the "cool" guy get in.

Most Obama boters wanted to see the "barrier" broken because it was the "right thing to do". They didn't care who broke the barrier they picked the first person they could.

The 2008 election that passed was all about race and white guilt. Now they have pay the price for thier vote - along with the people who warned them about Obama and his far left liberal policies

actsnoblemartin
07-09-2009, 05:08 AM
that is a form of racism. he's black. dont know what stands for, but he's black

I have always said and I willl continue to say, they voted for him because he was black, and they wanted to see the "cool" guy get in.

Most Obama boters wanted to see the "barrier" broken because it was the "right thing to do". They didn't care who broke the barrier they picked the first person they could.

The 2008 election that passed was all about race and white guilt. Now they have pay the price for thier vote - along with the people who warned them about Obama and his far left liberal policies

red states rule
07-09-2009, 05:09 AM
that is a form of racism. he's black. dont know what stands for, but he's black

and that is the only reason alot of people voted for him Martin

actsnoblemartin
07-09-2009, 05:20 AM
exactly

and that is the only reason alot of people voted for him Martin

PostmodernProphet
07-09-2009, 05:23 AM

wait....I find that hard to believe.....I think I'm going to need some sort of evidence that you actually have a friend....

red states rule
07-09-2009, 05:26 AM
wait....I find that hard to believe.....I think I'm going to need some sort of evidence that you actually have a friend....

Well, maybe, if he owns a dog. Other then that.........

red states rule
07-09-2009, 05:48 AM
Back to the topic - Rasmussen's daily tracking poll is showing a trend the Obamabots will not like

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/images/obama_index_0708/231106-1-eng-US/obama_index_0708.jpg

actsnoblemartin
07-09-2009, 07:26 AM
obamabots only follow good polls, its like pavol's dog, they only respond to the bell and salivate for obama I mean food

Back to the topic - Rasmussen's daily tracking poll is showing a trend the Obamabots will not like

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/var/plain/storage/images/media/images/obama_index_0708/231106-1-eng-US/obama_index_0708.jpg

jimnyc
07-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Obama is a racist bum. Many voted for him on the "hope and change" card, and are now not only seeing change, they're hopes of a better America are quickly being dashed. The approval index is proof that even those who voted for him are displeased with what he is doing to our economy. He promised jobs, but forgot to mention that it meant jobs lost. He promised stimulus, but the only thing he has stimulated is discontent. He promised transparency, but has delivered the least transparent presidency in modern times. Who the fuck votes on a bill they haven't read, and refuses the public an opportunity to review what THEIR elected leaders are voting on? And now there's talk of a 2ns stimulus plan? He's a damned idiot who has no clue what he's doing. This is what happens when you vote for a racist that has 143 days of experience in office, 99% of it spent running for the presidency.

Many are already mocking the chances of Paling opposing him for re-election in 2012 - but in reality, I could do a better job than the racist. All I would need to do is get elected and do nothing. That's right, NOTHING. Let the money stop being spent and allow big government to decrease itself. And I bet I could do it without a teleprompter.

Monkeybone
07-09-2009, 10:17 AM

True, but what about the reat of us that just happen to be along for the ride? We didn't want this....we could see this coming by just looking at who he is, not what he is.

Gaffer
07-09-2009, 10:21 AM
He did keep one promise. He said "America is the greatest country in the world, and we're going to change it."

stephanie
07-09-2009, 10:24 AM
True, but what about the reat of us that just happen to be along for the ride? We didn't want this....we could see this coming by just looking at who he is, not what he is.

yep, there are days when I want to gloat and say, you voted for him idiot, now dish out the money and pay for it...

but then I snap back to reality knowing that they are taking me down with them..

Jeff
07-09-2009, 11:45 AM
I came threw NJ yesterday and instead of hearing it's our turn now, I argued with a brother who stated, they didn't put Obama in office cause they are the minority, LOL, Guess even the brother's that think OJ was innocent and Michael Jackson wasn't weird are ashamed of Obama, Yes the other arguments went all the way into PA, LOL

red states rule
07-09-2009, 06:39 PM
I came threw NJ yesterday and instead of hearing it's our turn now, I argued with a brother who stated, they didn't put Obama in office cause they are the minority, LOL, Guess even the brother's that think OJ was innocent and Michael Jackson wasn't weird are ashamed of Obama, Yes the other arguments went all the way into PA, LOL

My liberal coworker is not the same arrogrant, giddy, and cocky guy he was on election night and on Jan 20. He has beccome more quite, does not want to talk about Obama's econokmic policies, and becomes more angry when I mention how the Hope and Change Express is doing

Of course, he is always quick to talk about Gov Palin, Gov Sanford - any topic except the economy, the defict, and the unemployment rate.

Trinity
07-10-2009, 06:24 AM

Technically in Ohio he is white, but in Arkansas he is black.

I only know this because, I have a friend of mine who has a young child that was on a medical card in Arkansas. And had to go down and apply for a medical card for her child here in Ohio, when she moved here. In Arkansas if the child has a Black daddy, the child is considered black, regardless of the color of the mother. In Ohio if the Mother is white, the child is classified as white, regardless of the color of the father.

Tell me that ain't F'ed up.

red states rule
07-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Can anyone name another President who had their approval rating fall about 25 points in their first 6 months in office?