PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for advice on T.V.

stephanie
07-08-2009, 05:38 PM
I am now the proud owner of a new 37" vizio HDTV flat screen.
1080 p full hd
true surround hd
energy star
Dolby digital
HDMI-not sure what that is..

I really like it and I am a happy camper..

thanks to all who helped me understand the differences of the Lcd and Plasma..

thanks again...:cheers2:

jackass
07-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Very cool! Congrats!

Mr. P
07-08-2009, 10:16 PM
Can I come over a watch too?

stephanie
07-08-2009, 10:20 PM
Can I come over a watch too?

anytime, I'll buy the beer and make popcorn.:thumb:

Monkeybone
07-09-2009, 09:19 AM
HDMI is a cable connection for like blu-rays and video games. the cables are expensive

Kathianne
07-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Where has Stephanie been this morning? Watching her new tv? :thumb:

stephanie
07-09-2009, 09:23 AM
HDMI is a cable connection for like blu-rays and video games. the cables are expensive

thanks dear, I learn something new every day from the folks here..

I'm very happy with the T.V. spent a little more than I wanted, but not too bad...I got a bigger screen for the same price of some of the bigger name brands for a 32"..

and like other things...the bigger the better.........................:eek:did I just say that....:laugh2:

glockmail
07-09-2009, 09:28 AM
HDMI is a cable connection for like blu-rays and video games. the cables are expensive My son says he can get them on Amazon or somewhere for like 40 cents.

stephanie
07-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Where has Stephanie been this morning? Watching her new tv? :thumb:

Don't tell anyone, but really I'm listening to that CRAAAZY guy on the radio,that Keithy Overblown thinks needs to be shut down for nodding, Glen Beck...I'm radicalizing myself...:coffee:

Kathianne
07-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Don't tell anyone, but really I'm listening to that CRAAAZY guy on the radio,that Keithy Overblown thinks needs to be shut down for nodding, Glen Beck...I'm radicalizing myself...:coffee:

LOL!

As for that connector:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=HDMI+cable+connector&x=0&y=0

seems lots of choices. ;)

Mr. P
07-09-2009, 09:42 AM

Surprised a blu-ray doesn't come with a cable.

stephanie
07-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Oh jeeeze..here I go again...don't know what a blu ray is???

no cables came with the t.v., only the power cord came with it..

Mr. P
07-09-2009, 10:01 AM
Oh jeeeze..here I go again...don't know what a blu ray is???

no cables came with the t.v., only the power cord came with it..

Blu-ray Disc

Blu-ray Disc

Blu-ray, also known as Blu-ray Disc (BD), is the name of a next-generation optical disc format jointly developed by the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA), a group of the world's leading consumer electronics, personal computer and media manufacturers (including Apple, Dell, Hitachi, HP, JVC, LG, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Samsung, Sharp, Sony, TDK and Thomson). The format was developed to enable recording, rewriting and playback of high-definition video (HD), as well as storing large amounts of data. The format offers more than five times the storage capacity of traditional DVDs and can hold up to 25GB on a single-layer disc and 50GB on a dual-layer disc. This extra capacity combined with the use of advanced video and audio codecs will offer consumers an unprecedented HD experience.

http://www.blu-ray.com/info/

Monkeybone
07-09-2009, 10:09 AM
ah...i guess that they used to be expensive? or maybe brands? meh. hahaha maybe it was just the one that they were trying to sell my friend.

hahaha could've just said High-def DvD Mr. P.

stephanie
07-09-2009, 10:12 AM
Blu-ray Disc

http://www.blu-ray.com/info/

got it..
I'm so behind the times on all the newfangled gadgets..sheesh

Insein
07-09-2009, 02:24 PM
ah...i guess that they used to be expensive? or maybe brands? meh. hahaha maybe it was just the one that they were trying to sell my friend.

hahaha could've just said High-def DvD Mr. P.

HD-DVD failed though. It would be like calling a VCR a Beta.