PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Calls Obama A Liar!!!

red states rule
07-09-2009, 04:39 AM
You know things are bad when MSNBC (on their website) calls out Obama on his broken promises and lies.

I wonder how Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann feels about the perosn who posted this article

Obama tax pledge unrealistic
Lawmakers are looking for more revenue to fund health care overhaul

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama promised to fix health care and trim the federal budget deficit, all without raising taxes on anyone but the wealthiest Americans. It's a promise he's already broken and will likely have to break again.

Obama and the Democratic-controlled Congress have already increased tobacco taxes — which disproportionately hit the poor — to pay for extending health coverage to 4 million children in working low-income families.

Now, lawmakers are looking for more revenues to help pay for providing medical insurance to millions more who lack it at a projected cost of $1 trillion over the next decade.

The floated proposals include increasing taxes on alcohol, which could raise $62 billion over the next decade, and a new tax on sugary drinks such as soda, which could raise $52 billion.

Senate Democrats this week pretty much rejected a proposal by Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont., to tax health benefits, an idea that Obama repeatedly criticized during the presidential election campaign but has refused to take off the table.

Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said negotiators are still looking for revenue alternatives. Asked during an interview with The Associated Press if they included tax increases on families with incomes less than $250,000 a year, Schumer said, "There are lots of things on the table now."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31806096/ns/politics-white_house

actsnoblemartin
07-09-2009, 05:07 AM
hahaha, i cant wait to see their reaction :coffee:

You know things are bad when MSNBC (on their website) calls out Obama on his broken promises and lies.

I wonder how Chris Matthews and Keith Olbermann feels about the perosn who posted this article

Obama tax pledge unrealistic
Lawmakers are looking for more revenue to fund health care overhaul

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama promised to fix health care and trim the federal budget deficit, all without raising taxes on anyone but the wealthiest Americans. It's a promise he's already broken and will likely have to break again.

Obama and the Democratic-controlled Congress have already increased tobacco taxes — which disproportionately hit the poor — to pay for extending health coverage to 4 million children in working low-income families.

Now, lawmakers are looking for more revenues to help pay for providing medical insurance to millions more who lack it at a projected cost of $1 trillion over the next decade.

The floated proposals include increasing taxes on alcohol, which could raise $62 billion over the next decade, and a new tax on sugary drinks such as soda, which could raise $52 billion.

Senate Democrats this week pretty much rejected a proposal by Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont., to tax health benefits, an idea that Obama repeatedly criticized during the presidential election campaign but has refused to take off the table.

Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said negotiators are still looking for revenue alternatives. Asked during an interview with The Associated Press if they included tax increases on families with incomes less than $250,000 a year, Schumer said, "There are lots of things on the table now."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31806096/ns/politics-white_house

red states rule
07-09-2009, 05:11 AM
hahaha, i cant wait to see their reaction :coffee:

DNCTV have noticed their ratings are in the toilet and their producers and directors have decided it's time to actually practice a samll amount of actual journalism again

It will not last for very long once Obama's staff contact them and give them then usual warning

actsnoblemartin
07-09-2009, 05:19 AM
hahahahaha :coffee: :laugh2: :lol:

DNCTV have noticed their ratings are in the toilet and their producers and directors have decided it's time to actually practice a samll amount of actual journalism again

It will not last for very long once Obama's staff contact them and give them then usual warning

red states rule
07-09-2009, 05:41 AM
The hosts and anchors at MSNBC will all say "It's Bush's fault" and how we have a war to pay for, and a depression to spend our way out of

actsnoblemartin
07-09-2009, 07:21 AM
someone was murdered, bush's fault

a young man got aids, bush's fault

terrorism in afghanstan bush's fault

why we cant think, bush's fault

The hosts and anchors at MSNBC will all say "It's Bush's fault" and how we have a war to pay for, and a depression to spend our way out of

stephanie
07-09-2009, 08:04 AM
I really don't know how anyone can take anything msnbc says seriously..

I was surfing channels last night and saw Keith Olbermann talking about Dick Cheney testifying I think it was..

Under Cheney's picture they had written-turdblossom..

07-09-2009, 06:18 PM
You dont get it do you? its alright if Democrats lie. Lying is just evil when Republicans lie... or when Democrats claim Republicans lie. Because in reality, that's when Republicans are telling the truth.

red states rule
07-09-2009, 06:27 PM
You dont get it do you? its alright if Democrats lie. Lying is just evil when Republicans lie... or when Democrats claim Republicans lie. Because in reality, that's when Republicans are telling the truth.

They are not lies - they mispoke, or the Dem was taken out of contxt, or we the peasents did not understand what they were saying

But I am waitng for the Obama supporters to chime in with "It's Bush's fault" and how the unwashed masses are expecting way to much from Obama