PDA

View Full Version : 8-year-old SC girl shot twice in head, killed

chloe
07-09-2009, 08:14 AM
CHESNEE, S.C. (AP) - A man put an 8-year-old girl in a headlock Wednesday and shot her to death, then shot himself in the stomach, authorities said.

The girl's father is dating Ricky Lee Blackwell's estranged wife. Spartanburg County deputies said Blackwell shot the girl twice in the driveway of a home where he had taken her and his estranged wife to swim and play. The home is in Chesnee, about 60 miles southwest of Charlotte, N.C.

Several adults and children saw the shooting and pointed officers toward Blackwell, investigators said.

Blackwell shot himself as police closed in. He was taken to a hospital but his condition wasn't released.

The coroner's office identified the girl as Heather Brooke Center of Woodruff.

Investigators said they weren't sure of Blackwell's motive.

"I don't know where you can go in the mind to justify shooting a child," said Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright. "I don't understand how you can get so angry."

The sheriff said Blackwell, 50, has a long criminal record. He was charged with murder and kidnapping. No one answered his phone Wednesday night.

"As soon as they called his name, I knew him," Wright said. "I'd heard that boy's name before."

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=157&sid=7092411

what's up with sc lately is the population there going mad???

Gaffer
07-09-2009, 10:10 AM
He shot himself in the gut. That's good cause its a slow painful way to die.

Some great reporting there too. They tried to call him at home, but he didn't answer....Well duh.

And for those who want to ban guns because of this. He had a long criminal record. Which means he wasn't allowed to own or carry a gun. Did that stop him?

Monkeybone
07-09-2009, 10:12 AM
He shot himself in the gut. That's good cause its a slow painful way to die.

Some great reporting there too. They tried to call him at home, but he didn't answer....Well duh.

And for those who want to ban guns because of this. He had a long criminal record. Which means he wasn't allowed to own or carry a gun. Did that stop him?

It would've Gaffer....so there! Just getting that is for everyone against guns. or should I have said, " then there just needs to be no guns at all" because you know...that would stop them too.

Little-Acorn
07-09-2009, 01:30 PM
then there just needs to be no guns at all" because you know...that would stop them too.

And how would this be accomplished?

Monkeybone
07-09-2009, 01:56 PM
And how would this be accomplished?

Well you know....they need to make jobs, so make a little gov dept, get volunteers that will be "deputized", that sorta thing. We can give them a special uniform and badges to you know who they are to let them in your home and they can search and collect all your guns! Wouldn't that work out perfectly?

and I am being sarcastic

Little-Acorn
07-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Well you know....they need to make jobs, so make a little gov dept, get volunteers that will be "deputized", that sorta thing. We can give them a special uniform and badges to you know who they are to let them in your home and they can search and collect all your guns! Wouldn't that work out perfectly?
Sure, I'd be happy to let them into my house to confiscate my guns. It worked for banning drugs after all (DEA). Now no one has coke, meth, pot etc.

and I am being sarcastic
Careful. Every time you set up a ridiculous scenario about liberal government, as a joke, quite often the liberals wind up following your script to a tee.