PDA

View Full Version : Steve McNair

jimnyc
07-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Not sure if this was discussed elsewhere on the board...

As you may know by now, Steve was shot to death by his "girlfriend" a few days ago. He's married with 4 kids, but still didn't deserve to be murdered by a spurned girlfriend. She shot him 4 times and then took her own life as well.

While no fan of the Titans (or Ravens), he had an excellent, albeit low ket career. He threw for over 30,000 yards which isn't easy to do and lead Tennessee to within one yard of a SB victory.

RIP, Air McNair

actsnoblemartin
07-09-2009, 04:00 PM
R.I.P. Mcnair

Not sure if this was discussed elsewhere on the board...

As you may know by now, Steve was shot to death by his "girlfriend" a few days ago. He's married with 4 kids, but still didn't deserve to be murdered by a spurned girlfriend. She shot him 4 times and then took her own life as well.

While no fan of the Titans (or Ravens), he had an excellent, albeit low ket career. He threw for over 30,000 yards which isn't easy to do and lead Tennessee to within one yard of a SB victory.

RIP, Air McNair

glockmail
07-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Cheating on your wife and family? He should be called McStupid.

Trinity
07-10-2009, 06:26 AM
I was wondering if they ever determined what exactly happened. I hadn't heard anything else since they were found shot to death.

Kathianne
07-10-2009, 06:30 AM
I was wondering if they ever determined what exactly happened. I hadn't heard anything else since they were found shot to death.

From what I've read, they've been going together a bit over 6 months. She had financial problems, both of them seem to have drinking problems. She thought he was cheating with a 3rd woman, she even followed her one night. She shot him while he was asleep on a sofa. First in head, then chest, then head again. Last shot was for herself.

jimnyc
07-10-2009, 06:30 AM
Cheating on your wife and family? He should be called McStupid.

While his acts were despicable, he deserved a divorce and loss of lots of his money - not to be murdered.

They have officially stated now that she shot him 4 times while he was sleeping. She then attempted to sit next to him and shoot herself, but she slumped to the floor with the gun at her side after shooting herself in the head.

Trinity
07-10-2009, 08:33 AM
From what I've read, they've been going together a bit over 6 months. She had financial problems, both of them seem to have drinking problems. She thought he was cheating with a 3rd woman, she even followed her one night. She shot him while he was asleep on a sofa. First in head, then chest, then head again. Last shot was for herself.

What?? ok I find absolutely no logic in that what so ever....He is cheating on his wife with this women, and the women he is cheating on his wife with, thinks he is cheating on her. So she kills them him and herself. So it's ok to be the other women and cheat with a married man, but if he is cheating on the women he is cheating on his wife with, that is not ok. :cuckoo:

edited cause I confused myself LOL!!!

Kathianne
07-10-2009, 08:46 AM
What?? ok I find absolutely no logic in that what so ever....He is cheating on his wife with this women, and the women he is cheating on his wife with, thinks he is cheating on her. So she kills them him and herself. So it's ok to be the other women and cheat with a married man, but if he is cheating on the women he is cheating on his wife with, that is not ok. :cuckoo:

edited cause I confused myself LOL!!!

I don't know we'll know the 'reason.' He was sleeping, so they weren't fighting. She may have had DT's? Was just 'depressed' and didn't want to go alone? Money issues drove her over the top?

My sympathies are for the wife and kids, especially the kids.

glockmail
07-10-2009, 07:55 PM
While his acts were despicable, he deserved a divorce and loss of lots of his money - not to be murdered.
.... I agree my friend, but "hell hath no fury..." The lesson here is an old one- don't fuck with someone that you don't really know.

Abbey Marie
07-10-2009, 09:44 PM
I agree my friend, but "hell hath no fury..." The lesson here is an old one- don't fuck with someone that you don't really know.

I'd remove the word "with" from that sentence.

Jeff
07-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Murder is a hell of a price to pay for a little strange, although I myself wouldn't cheat, allot do, hell if murder was the price to pay when ya get caught, we wouldn't have no politicians left :laugh2:

glockmail
07-12-2009, 02:47 PM
I'd remove the word "with" from that sentence. I meant is as it- don't fuck or don't fuck with.

5stringJeff
07-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Sad. But I also read a story that he had a "relationship" with a stripper in Minneapolis for about six years, so apparently the girlfriend in Nashville wasn't the only one.

I feel worst for McNair's kids. How awful.