PDA

View Full Version : Dem Leader Laughs At Idea Of Reading Obamacare Bill Before Voting On It

red states rule
07-09-2009, 06:21 PM
Seems Dems are quickly forgetting all their promises they made to the fools - eh, people - who voted for them

I guess it is too much like work to actually know what they are voting on, or know what taxpayer money is being spent on

Where is all that hope and change Dems promised?

Democratic Leader Laughs at Idea That House Members Would Actually Read Health-Care Bill Before Voting On It
Wednesday, July 08, 2009
By Monica Gabriel and Marie Magleby

Washington (CNSNews.com) - House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said Tuesday that the health-care reform bill now pending in Congress would garner very few votes if lawmakers actually had to read the entire bill before voting on it.

“If every member pledged to not vote for it if they hadn’t read it in its entirety, I think we would have very few votes,” Hoyer told CNSNews.com at his regular weekly news conference.

Hoyer was responding to a question from CNSNews.com on whether he supported a pledge that asks members of the Congress to read the entire bill before voting on it and also make the full text of the bill available to the public for 72 hours before a vote.

In fact, Hoyer found the idea of the pledge humorous, laughing as he responded to the question. “I’m laughing because a) I don’t know how long this bill is going to be, but it’s going to be a very long bill,” he said.

“Members clearly--and staff and review boards, they read them in their entirety. They go over it with members, and members read substantial portions of the bill themselves, but the issue is--I don’t know who signed this (pledge), but frankly the opposition has been very vociferous, not of the verbiage and bill, but on the concept that it incorporates,” Hoyer said

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=50677

Monkeybone
07-10-2009, 06:34 AM
it is just freaky that they openly admit that there wouldn't be that many people to vote for it if they read it. That mean even they would think that it was stupid and a waste. Yet everyone is ok with that? I hate to put the tinfoil cap on and sound like a crazy.....but that just scares me with that blatant disregard. from either side!

Insein
07-10-2009, 08:47 AM
Ivory Tower syndrom. Who's going to vote them out when the media controls their message and gets them relected?

Monkeybone
07-10-2009, 09:14 AM
Ivory Tower syndrom. Who's going to vote them out when the media controls their message and gets them relected?

Exactly. And the sad thing is, most of them will probably get back in.