PDA

View Full Version : The Polarizing of Sarah Palin, and Hillary Rodham Clinton, and...any woman who wants

stephanie
07-10-2009, 02:48 PM
maybe some feminist have had enough?

Saturday, July 4, 2009 at 1:29 pm — admin
Yesterday, on a comment thread I reminded readers of a particular sexist trick used to disembowel female pols—the old: she’s too polarizing theme. Specifically, I mentioned Hollywood’s David (Obama) Geffen’s charge that Hillary Clinton was “incredibly polarizing.”
Geffen and Obama had put their male heads together and decided the best way to beat the bi$ch was to paint her as “polarizing.” Missy Maureen Dowd was contacted and she agreed to printed Geffen’s orchestrated remarks in her column.
Hillary=Polarizing now with the NYTimes imprimatur.
Polarizing = Bi%ch=manipulative=shrill, and on it goes.

Today, I had no sooner posted a comment on the same thread by Toledo, cautioning folks not to fall for the women-are-too-polarizing bit, when I heard the news that Palin is leaving office. (Sorry, so tardy on this, but I’m at the beach and trying to ignore news for the w/end.) I stuck my head in over at the Daily Beast and sure nuff, got this Headline:

Palin's Polarizing Departure.

That was the header DB editors put on a short item at the Daily Beast that linked to a story over at Politico titled:
Palin resignation splits GOP.
An excerpt:

read it all and comments..
http://www.femisex.com/content/the-polarizing-sarah-palin-and-hillary-rodham-clinton-andany-woman-who-wants-be-king