PDA

View Full Version : Protesters stage "kiss-in" near Mormon temple

chloe
07-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Protesters stage "kiss-in" near Mormon temple
July 12th, 2009 @ 10:56am
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- About 100 people gathered near the Mormon church's downtown temple to stage a "kiss-in" protesting the treatment of two gay men who were detained by security guards on a plaza owned by the church and later cited by police for trespassing.

Matt Aune said he and his partner, Derek Jones, were confronted by guards after they hugged and kissed on the plaza.

Former Salt Lake City Councilwoman Deeda Seed helped organize Sunday's kiss-in, which occurred on public property.

The Salt Lake Tribune reported on its Web site that heterosexual and gay couples exchanged small kisses and pecks at the plaza's south entrance, which faces downtown.

Church security was present, but the Deseret News of Salt Lake City reported on its Web site that no altercations occurred.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=7132855

REDWHITEBLUE2
07-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Just another example of queers pushing their perverted lifestyle on the rest of us

actsnoblemartin
07-13-2009, 08:57 AM
they were protesting two gays being illegally detained and trespassed.

Just another example of queers pushing their perverted lifestyle on the rest of us

glockmail
07-13-2009, 09:07 AM
Fucking queers keep it in your own damn bedrooms.

Monkeybone
07-13-2009, 10:04 AM
they were protesting two gays being illegally detained and trespassed.

how were they illegally detained? Security gaurds got them, apprently for doing something that the oweners didn't like.

about the trespassing charge, i don't know. unless they were asked to leave or something.

not how i support how they were treated, but it wasn't like they were out on public property and arrested for that.

07-13-2009, 04:44 PM
They werent illegally detained. They were trespassing on private property after being asked to leave. That's a misdemeanor out here in philly. As for Utah, im guessing it's probably the same.

actsnoblemartin
07-14-2009, 12:06 AM
I guess

how were they illegally detained? Security gaurds got them, apprently for doing something that the oweners didn't like.

about the trespassing charge, i don't know. unless they were asked to leave or something.

not how i support how they were treated, but it wasn't like they were out on public property and arrested for that.

REDWHITEBLUE2
07-16-2009, 09:11 PM
They werent illegally detained. They were trespassing on private property after being asked to leave. That's a misdemeanor out here in philly. As for Utah, im guessing it's probably the same.

The Mormons are very much anti gay which is their right these two queers should of knowing they would not be welcome on church grounds. it's no different then a couple clan members walking thru the Ghetto yelling Fuck all Niggers except they would be shot by the Ghetto Rats

chloe
07-16-2009, 09:23 PM
Yes it was trespassing on private property. The local gay community is furious at the church over prop 8 in california. I suspect they did that on purpose to instigate a reaction.