PDA

View Full Version : Is It Monday?

Nienna
04-11-2007, 07:44 AM
I woke up at 6:22 this morning, thanking God for the chirping birds and the cozy rainy day (Yes, I actually do that; call me a freak if you want to :)). As I stepped out of my bedroom, I was greeted with a little voice saying, "Mommy, I puked." She had managed to hit her bed AND her sister's bed, which is about 5 loads of laundry right there. And the carpet... that carpet has not even been installed for 19 hours, as I type this. We just had it replaced yesterday.

So, anyway, at 8:42 am, I have already scrubbed and shampooed carpet, stripped beds, started laundry, cleaned myself and a child, got two other children dressed, and cooked eggs. If my husband tries to tell me how much his desk job stinks today, I think I'm gonna tell him where to stick it. Well, okay, I won't ACTUALLY tell him where to stick it. But I will FEEL like telling him! So, there!

Good morning, Everybody! :D

CockySOB
04-11-2007, 07:46 AM
G'day! And at least it will probably get better as the day rolls on....

Nienna
04-11-2007, 07:52 AM
G'day! And at least it will probably get better as the day rolls on....

LOL! Can't get TOO much worse, right? Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Kathianne
04-11-2007, 08:01 AM
I feel for you. One word of cheer, it could be worse, could be Lice!

remie
04-11-2007, 08:12 AM
I woke up at 6:22 this morning, thanking God for the chirping birds and the cozy rainy day (Yes, I actually do that; call me a freak if you want to :)). As I stepped out of my bedroom, I was greeted with a little voice saying, "Mommy, I puked." She had managed to hit her bed AND her sister's bed, which is about 5 loads of laundry right there. And the carpet... that carpet has not even been installed for 19 hours, as I type this. We just had it replaced yesterday.

So, anyway, at 8:42 am, I have already scrubbed and shampooed carpet, stripped beds, started laundry, cleaned myself and a child, got two other children dressed, and cooked eggs. If my husband tries to tell me how much his desk job stinks today, I think I'm gonna tell him where to stick it. Well, okay, I won't ACTUALLY tell him where to stick it. But I will FEEL like telling him! So, there!

Rule #1 never lay new carpet when you have small children. They find ways to create stains and smells beyond comprehension. We finally gave up and put down hard wood. At least you can mop up all the stuff.

Mr. P
04-11-2007, 08:18 AM
LOL! Can't get TOO much worse, right? Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Never challenge 'worse'!

krisy
04-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Nienna,don't feel too bad. My daughter vomited last week. She didn't make it to the bathroom either. She made it as far as the doorway in my son's room. We don't have new carpet,but I had just cleaned them for Easter Sunday,we were having company.

I wasn't as happy as you about the rain today. I really wanted to work in the yard. The kids are on spring break too. All this means a day of hearing "I'm bored"...all day!

darin
04-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Nothing makes me vomit quicker than "Liberals" and the smell of vomit.

krisy
04-11-2007, 09:54 AM
Nothing makes me vomit quicker than "Liberals" and the smell of vomit.

Boooy,you aren't kidding! When my daughter puked,it took everything I had not to hurl myself while cleaning it up.

Funny the things you will let your children do when they are bored. My daughter just finished filling my hair with mousse and styling it. You don't want to see it right now-lol!!!

Nienna
04-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Funny the things you will let your children do when they are bored. My daughter just finished filling my hair with mousse and styling it. You don't want to see it right now-lol!!!

LOL! Been there! And some of the make-overs I have had... inch-thick purple eye shadow and bright pink cheeks. :)

Trigg
04-11-2007, 12:20 PM
LOL! Been there! And some of the make-overs I have had... inch-thick purple eye shadow and bright pink cheeks. :)

When my daughter and her 2 girl cousins get together the makeovers are well, scary. The entire upstairs ends up smelling like 4 different kinds of perfume.

Hope your daughter is feeling better today.

Nienna
04-11-2007, 12:22 PM
When my daughter and her 2 girl cousins get together the makeovers are well, scary. The entire upstairs ends up smelling like 4 different kinds of perfume.

Hope your daughter is feeling better today.

Thank you! :)

Abbey Marie
04-11-2007, 02:50 PM

I remember when we got our new living room couch. The same day, my daughter (then a toddler) vomited orange juice on it. How do they know?

Gaffer
04-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Yesterday our dog barked for the first time since we have had her. I immediatel went to see what was up cause this was really unusual, she NEVER barks. I looked outside and the oldest grandson and the neighbor kid were running up to the porch yelling Jesse is bleeding.

we went out to the street where he was. About 50 yards away and he was standing there with blood all over his face and a big pool of blood on the road. The neighbor kid had thrown a rock and hit him in the forehead. Not a big cut but it sure gushed a lot of blood like forehead wounds do. He was cool and calm and not crying or anything. I washed his face off, another first, as he usually doesn't want anyone near him when he's hurt. A bandaid took care of things and the bump was hardly noticable.

Somehow the dog sensed something important had happened and alerted us right away. She also led the way to go check on Jesse.

krisy
04-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Yesterday our dog barked for the first time since we have had her. I immediatel went to see what was up cause this was really unusual, she NEVER barks. I looked outside and the oldest grandson and the neighbor kid were running up to the porch yelling Jesse is bleeding.

we went out to the street where he was. About 50 yards away and he was standing there with blood all over his face and a big pool of blood on the road. The neighbor kid had thrown a rock and hit him in the forehead. Not a big cut but it sure gushed a lot of blood like forehead wounds do. He was cool and calm and not crying or anything. I washed his face off, another first, as he usually doesn't want anyone near him when he's hurt. A bandaid took care of things and the bump was hardly noticable.

Somehow the dog sensed something important had happened and alerted us right away. She also led the way to go check on Jesse.

We are going to have to get out there soon to meet the new dog.
I'm glad Jess is o.k.!!!! He's tough tho!

The dog barking can also mean that she is starting to be more comfortable. This is becoming her home. Sandy didn't bark for a month or so after we got him. Now,well he barks too much-lol!

KarlMarx
04-12-2007, 07:23 AM

We're all entitled to a lousy day. I hope that today will be better.

Just remember, those little darlings are yours and your husband can always find another job....

but most of all .... you have US! :):):):)

Here are some links to help you out! (Go to www.google.com (http://www.google.com) and type in

"removing vomit from carpet")

http://www.stainmaster.com/carpet/care_maintance/routinecare/vs.jsp

http://housekeeping.about.com/od/stainremoval/a/vomitstains.htm[/URL]

[URL]http://www.ehow.com/how_10699_clean-vomit-carpet.html (http://www.ehow.com/how_10699_clean-vomit-carpet.html)

And remember this!

FAITH CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and so can a diet that is high in fiber!) :dance:

krisy
04-12-2007, 07:56 AM
Luckily,our carpet cleaner usually does the trick.

I am very curious as to how abbey got the orange juice puke out of her couch tho.....:laugh2:

Abbey Marie
04-12-2007, 09:55 AM
Luckily,our carpet cleaner usually does the trick.

I am very curious as to how abbey got the orange juice puke out of her couch tho.....:laugh2:

Sorry- it was about 13 years ago, and I don't remember!

Nienna
04-12-2007, 10:15 AM
Karl... actually, I AM very grateful for you guys. I joined USMB on Feb 24, 2005, and it opened up the world to me. You can start to feel very trapped and alone in a house with young children day after day. You guys give me a place to use my brain and be a "grown-up." So Thanks! :D