PDA

View Full Version : President for life??

AFbombloader
07-13-2009, 06:56 AM
I told Nuke a few weeks ago that this was on the was. I was half joking. Guess not huh? There is no way this can be passed, we cannot let it. The date is from January so this has been in committee for s while.

AF:salute:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-hj5/text

HJ 5 IH
111th CONGRESS
11st Session
2H. J. RES. 5

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
January 6, 2009

Mr. SERRANO introduced the following joint resolution; which was referred to the Committee on the JudiciaryCommentsPermalink

JOINT RESOLUTION

Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to repeal the twenty-second article of amendment, thereby removing the limitation on the number of terms an individual may serve as President.
Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled (two-thirds of each House concurring therein), That the following article is proposed as an amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which shall be valid to all intents and purposes as part of the Constitution when ratified by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years after the date of its submission for ratification:

‘Article--

‘The twenty-second article of amendment to the Constitution of the United States is hereby repealed.’.

chloe
07-13-2009, 08:22 AM
This is the first time Ive heard about it. Pretty sneaky !

Gaffer
07-13-2009, 08:58 AM
This has been in the works for months. They still have seven years to get it accomplished. And just wait till 2010 when the elections get stolen and all the same minions of the dark lord return to office.

glockmail
07-13-2009, 09:05 AM
An Amendment requires 2/3 ratification by the States and this shit will never happen.

Trinity
07-13-2009, 09:06 AM
This has been in the works for months. They still have seven years to get it accomplished. And just wait till 2010 when the elections get stolen and all the same minions of the dark lord return to office.

I was wondering why you kept saying that.......I hadn't seen this yet.

Insein
07-13-2009, 09:35 AM
This MUST not happen. I think we can get ALL the people onboard with this except those in lock step with Das Party. Just explain to liberals about having GWB for more than 2 terms and they will follow.

They need to expand term limits to Senators and reps not repeal. Completely open government eh? The fact that they sneaked this in right before Obama became president shows the level the Party is willing to go to to insure their power.

Gaffer
07-13-2009, 09:49 AM
With 36 states passing or working on succession or sovereignty legislation, something like this could only get passed if it's done completely under the table. And when the electorate is completely controlled by acorn.

2010 is going to be a critical year. Voter fraud will be rampant.

stephanie
07-13-2009, 10:02 AM
The commies will try anything to hold onto the power they have right now..

don't forget, we have enemies within.

Monkeybone
07-13-2009, 10:07 AM
will never happen (crosses fingers). we made term limits for a reason, what justified reason would they have for getting rid of them. Like it was stated, we need to enact term limits for the Congress and Senate if anything.

I thought that we had a thread about this right about when it happened. And that it was stated this guy tried to do it when Clinton was in as well.

Kathianne
07-13-2009, 10:11 AM
With 36 states passing or working on succession or sovereignty legislation, something like this could only get passed if it's done completely under the table. And when the electorate is completely controlled by acorn.

2010 is going to be a critical year. Voter fraud will be rampant.

Actually that is the good thing about proposed amendments, can't be done 'under the table', not for anyone that catches the news at least once a week.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_proposed_amendments_to_the_United_States_C onstitution

Now here's one I'd be in favor of:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_of_Federalism

Insein
07-13-2009, 10:42 AM
Would love the Federalism Idea but it will never gain traction in this political climate.

07-13-2009, 04:52 PM
This isnt at all surprising me.

Easiest way to stop it is to convince President Bush to announce that if it's repealed, he will run for a third term. That will the libs on board stopping it. Meanwhile us conservatives will stop it because we arent stupid.